Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: how many of you simply pour in juice to refill rather than cleaning the tank each time?

Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran

Default how many of you simply pour in juice to refill rather than cleaning the tank each time?

I simply put in new juice and mix it with whatever juice I have remaining when refilling the vivi nova. Sometimes the remaining juice is darker than fresh juice but I mix them anyway since it's so much easier. I only clean my clearo every four or five tanks. I cannot stand cleaning every tank.

Or are you supposed to waste the remaining juice and always start with a fresh new tankful?
    KalNoodle and AgentAnia like this.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I do it the same as you. When I need to clean the head, every two to five tankfuls depending on the juice, I run the juice pretty low and then toss the rest, wash and dry burn. Works for me
    If you Tweet and have 2 extra minutes a day, you can do this. Look for the daily threads in General E-Smoking Discussion
    titled “Fight for Your Right to #Vape – Daily Action Plan” and Tweet for the cause.

Blog Entries

I do the same, clean the tank after 4-5 fills. Most of my juices are crystal clear and only darken slightly or the course of 4-5 tanks, likely from the heat of the coil oxidizing the nicotine. Taste wise I'm never seen a difference between a new clean tank, or a refilled tank.
    I'm puffin' on a pipe bomb and carrying a detonator in my pocket,
    so just what was it you wanted to hassle me about ??

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

All I vape 99% of the time is DIY unflavored juice in my Penelope so I don't really have much reason to clean the tank out. If I am going to go from one flavored juice to another flavor or unflavored, what I will do is just pour straight PG in the tank, shake it up and pour it out. Rinse wash and repeat one or two more times and voila!
    "Like the unfettered dawn shall he blind us, and burn us, yet shall the Dragon Reborn confront the Shadow at the Last Battle, and his blood shall give us the Light. Let tears flow, O ye people of the world. Weep for your salvation."

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Device dependent.
    Most get cleaned every few tanks.
    Ithaka's seem to handle things longer without issues.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Depends on the juice. If I switch to a dramatically different flavor, I'll clean the tank first. Otherwise I'll go thru a few refills, and clean when the juice starts getting really dark.
    james chapman and WarHawk-AVG like this.
    Becky

Off the stinkies since July 6th, 2013!

Full Member Supporting Member

I'm with you. I used to clean out my tank and coil after each tankfull. But I've given up on that because I don't notice the flavor difference when I switch to a different flavor. The only time when I clean the tank is when the coil gives out. I figure the nic doesn't change, so why should I care about a little flavor mix.

Yesterday I ordered a custom mix at my local B&M vapor shop, steeped and ready to go when I picked it up today. I did clean the tank and replaced the wick to get a clean unadulterated test of what I'd bought.

Other than that I'll mix them rather than unnecessarily waste of drop of that of juice if I can help it.

I'm not cheap, I'm just frugal!

Okay, I'm cheap.

Well over Ten Thousand cigarettes NOT smoked in just over 7 months. Now, that's a milestone!

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I keep rewicked heads around and change them when needed. Otherwise, I 'usually' try to refill with the same flavor of juice. If I don't, that's okay. When I change heads, I rinse the Vivi Nova-like hardware, pop in a new head and go on. Higher voltages/wattages produce more dark juice. Sometimes I shake that out of the device before refilling.
    wolfie_beast likes this.
    At this point in my life I have forgotten more than I now know.

ECF Veteran

Unless you're either A) switching to a flavor that tastes REALLY gross mixed with the previous flavor or B) switching to flavorless, I personally wouldn't bother. Though I will say that going from a tobacco flavor on a silica RBA like my Penelope, Oddy, etc. to flavorless is NASTY. Once the flavor disappears it generally has a gross kind of slightly burnt, musty taste to it. I can put a single tank full sometimes of tobacco after using my standard flavorless and the wick will sometimes be ruined and will taste nasty until I replace it.
    "Like the unfettered dawn shall he blind us, and burn us, yet shall the Dragon Reborn confront the Shadow at the Last Battle, and his blood shall give us the Light. Let tears flow, O ye people of the world. Weep for your salvation."

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast