Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: First VW mods on the way..recommend me a RDA

PV Master Verified Member suspectK's Avatar

Yeah, regardless of the coil, it should glow pretty much instantly from the middle without liquid in the wick.
    Ryedan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ch1naski:11067431
    Fasttech shows the igo-l as dual coil even tho it has only two posts, which means I'd have to wrap each close to 3 ohms to keep above 1.2 ohms.

Right ? Unless I go with single coil?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    If it only has one common/negative post, you'll be making dual coils in series. 2-0.6 ohm coils in series will give you 1.2 ohms..so no less than 0.75 to not hit the cutoff resistance. 2-2.6 ohm coils in parallel will give you 1.3 ohms.

Senior Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I was in same boat a couple of months ago and while I have been disappointed in Mod clones I love the trident clone. I bought the real thing and the clone and noticed absolutely no difference so I sold the real thing. I also just got the Igo-W and after some trouble drilling out the air hole it is excellent as well. I bought the real Helios and did not really care for it. I have an immortalizer clone on the way and will let you know how I like it when it finally gets here from Fasttech.
    I have been using 28g kanthal and shoot for 1.5 ohms. I have tried micro coils and for me it takes to long to heat up.
    Vwls likes this.

I've been using a 4.3 ohm microcoil, I don't see how they're too slow to heat up for you.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Fasttech error or promotion to Multi-Coil Vape crowd.

IGO-L is designed for and works fine with 1 coil.

If you can find the video - Dragon micro coil is Scary impressive. Single coil laying in a cotton bed with no internal wick(through coil)
    Ryedan likes this.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

Senior Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by suspectK View Post
    I've been using a 4.3 ohm microcoil, I don't see how they're too slow to heat up for you.
    Probably creator error I suppose. It could also be my mods?? Working on upgrading to better mods all the way around.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm going to have to recommend the Trident or Trident clone. I've tried the Igo L and W, and I can tell you they are going to require some modding to get a good vape. Reason? The air hole is too small.

Also, the Igo's don't have slotted screws.

The Trident or Trident clone comes out of the box ready for a perfect build and vape. Now please don't misunderstand - if you order from Fasttech, immediately take the coil and wick that come stock and throw it in the trash. It is worthless. But what I mean is, the design of the RDA is perfect. It has multiple air hole options, including dual air holes if you choose to go with a dual coil set up. (The largest size air hole is what I use at all times with a single micro coil. Micro coil and cotton all day, all night in this - hits like a beast.)

Also, since this is going to be your first RDA it sounds like, the Trident is going to make things SO easy for you. Installing the coil is a breeze - you don't have to "capture the wire." Just shove each end through the slots and tighten the screws - clip the excess, and you're ready to go.

Oh - if you are aesthetics conscious, the Trident comes in a gorgeous gold color. The others do not.

And lastly, you can grab a clone for only $16.

All told, there really is no comparison.

Happy dripping!

Last edited by Vwls; 10-23-2013 at 07:03 AM.
    Ryedan, loque187 and gotch23 like this.
    Caravela 058, Caravela "Vwls" (AKA My Little Miracle"), Nau Prototype xx7, Satburn Mini, Reo Mini, Provari Mini, and soooooon.... a DIBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by suspectK View Post
    Yeah, regardless of the coil, it should glow pretty much instantly from the middle without liquid in the wick.
    Yup. I've got my IGO-L running one micro coil with cotton, 1/16" I.D., 10 wraps of 27 awg Kanthal at 1.2 ohms. It's fully spitting juice about 1/2 second after hitting the button.
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.
    COMPLETE THE FOURTH CALL TO ACTION BY CASAA HERE AND HELP STOP THE FDA FROM REGULATING VAPING AS WE KNOW IT OUT OF EXISTENCE !
    HERE'S THE STREAMLINED VERSION OF THE CALL FOR ACTION.
    THE DEADLINE IS AUG. 8.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Pretty much any RDA will heat the coil properly and quickly if you're giving it the right amount of power and you built a decent coil. The thing to pay attention to is how much do you want to spend, and how much modding do you want to do before you're able to settle into a great vape.
    Caravela 058, Caravela "Vwls" (AKA My Little Miracle"), Nau Prototype xx7, Satburn Mini, Reo Mini, Provari Mini, and soooooon.... a DIBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Registered Supplier - Offline ch1naski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    Pretty much any RDA will heat the coil properly and quickly if you're giving it the right amount of power and you built a decent coil. The thing to pay attention to is how much do you want to spend, and how much modding do you want to do before you're able to settle into a great vape.
    And also check to see if the RDA comes with a gold Hello Kitty skeleton key.

I've been using a PT and a vvnova, but recently mostly carto tanks.

Have not been completely satisfied with any of them. I'm searching for that seemingly elusive "perfect vapor hit", on EVERY puff. Being a former 30 year clove smoker, my throat-hit needs are a bit more demanding than most others'.

The only issue I will have is on the road vaping. Dripping and driving is probably not a good idea, so next on my list is finding an tank atty that can come close to dripping, performance-wise.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by ch1naski; 10-23-2013 at 08:59 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast