Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: have you tasted a smoke since you quit?

Super Member Supporting Member JulesXsmokr's Avatar

I haven't tasted a cig since I bought a V2 kit, with full intentions of it failing, while buying a carton of cigs...I made it an instead of purchase..-- just for---
    That 5 pack of cartridges was going quick, and I hurriedly bought an ego-vv with a vivi nova and some juice by chance at a B&M, who I'll never go back to. It was working... What a fraking miracle product this is...!!
    I was at a bar last night, and smelled all the smoke they could dish out, all I did was put my dripper in Rip Tripper mode and vaped away..
    I will never become a hypocrite either towards smokers, I will casually let them see my huge and heavily flavored clouds float by..
    I had a small audience in short time, and didn't preach anything.. I just let some know of ECF if they cared to check it out..
    kinda wierd but rip tripper mode at bars does work..

Coil Destroyer Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Default have you tasted a smoke since you quit?

I love this iphone app. It runs in the background and I check it every now and then.

5 weeks! That "saved" part should be replaced with "spent on vape gear x2" but yeah Id rather go broke saving myself from talking through a hole in my throat..

My gf has one too, bought her the exact same setup as me but she likes menthol (I hate menthol.. ugh.) and she still smokes 4-5 analogs a day vs 15-20. I think the menthol analogs are disguising how gross the ciggy really is, if she bought a non menthol pack I bet she'd go all-in on the PV lol.

It's weird though, the smell of someone smoking around me smells DELICIOUS. But I took one drag on an analog a few weeks ago and I nearly puked. Maybe I just like the smell?? The LINGERING smell is what's gross, on people, clothes, cars etc..
    Last edited by gjustin79; 10-26-2013 at 10:09 PM.
    IMRs likes this.

White Provari Mini Green LED - 1ohm micro IGO L w/cotton & 28ga / Aspire BDCs

Senior Member Verified Member Katcandoo's Avatar

Nope, haven't had a cig since my starter Ego kit arrived in April. I've moved on to bigger and better things now. I still have a half pack of Marlboros and a lighter, but have no desire to smoke them. Yay me!
    Anjaffm and IMRs like this.

Super Member Verified Member IMRs's Avatar

A week after I quit, I was just curious to see if I would like a cigarette. I saw someone at my club that smoked Kools (I smoked them for 37 years) and so I took one hit and to my surprise, it was absolutely horrible!!! Handed it back and was never curious again.
    Oh, I do remember about 3 months ago, I had a dream I was having a smoke and I couldn't figure out why I was doing it... More like a nightmare!
    Anjaffm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gjustin79 View Post

It's weird though, the smell of someone smoking around me smells DELICIOUS. But I took one drag on an analog a few weeks ago and I nearly puked. Maybe I just like the smell?? The LINGERING smell is what's gross, on people, clothes, cars etc..
    Early on, I didn't mind the smell so much either, but that will wear off. I want to yak when I smell them now. I think because you get all of your senses back that were destroyed when you did smoke.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Topwater Elvis's Avatar

I haven't lit tasted or taken a single drag off of a cigarette in 306 days because I know what would happen if I did.

Quote Originally Posted by bhswmc01 View Post
    After one too many adult beverages last weekend, I did smoke a couple American Spirit menthols. They tasted a little too good, but I did not like that I stunk of them afterwards. Vaping is the way for me!

Edit - This 'lapse in judgment' is not enough to reset my counter, in my opinion. LOL
    You'll have that. , but you sound like you're well on your way to quitting them all together!
    bhswmc01 likes this.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910