Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Switching nic levels. How often do you do it and is it a good idea?

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caridwen View Post
    People that have lowered nicotine, are you going through more e-liquid?
    I did it in stages as I said over months. Every time I dropped it a bit I found I vaped a bit more for a week or two and then leveled back to about 3 - 4 ml a day. This repeated until I got to zero. I'm now enjoying RBA's and RDA's, which use more juice than the cartos and clearos I used to use and I'm vaping about 2 - 3 ml a day. Some days I forget to vape for a few hours, which is nice because the next vape tastes even better than usual
    Anjaffm likes this.
    If you Tweet and have 2 extra minutes a day, you can do this. Look for the daily threads in General E-Smoking Discussion
    titled “Fight for Your Right to #Vape – Daily Action Plan” and Tweet for the cause.

2. Advertisement

I started vaping in May and at 24mg. I could tell right away that was too high and went to 18 very quickly. I didn't notice any affects at the level such as light-headed or anything but it did seem that is was scorching (don't really know how to explain it) the roof of my mouth. I really thought it was the nicotine level doing it so I tried some apple flavored at 10mg and it seemed fine. I decided to DIY and diluted all my nic juice to 11 so it ended up being around 9 or so once the flavors were added and all I do is crave a cigarette So now I need to order some more nic at a higher level and save my 11 for when I am ready to drop down that low and go back up to around 14 or so and see if that satisfies without the burning feeling on the roof of my mouth. Oh well, live and learn

4. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Ryedan View Post
    I started vaping 18 months ago at 18 mg and slowly reduced my nic level to zero over about 8 months. What bothered me the most through that was the reduction of throat hit with lower nic juice. I loved TH! It's possible you are experiencing the same thing changing from 24 to 18.

It was very easy for me to get used to lower nic juice because I changed it so slowly. I also did not start for a few months, so I had cigarettes well out of my system. During that time I didn't care about nic level or the amount I vaped, just focused on not smoking. If I had needed 36 mg juice I would have used it. But I used to get a little nic high too when chain vaping 18 so I never tried more and it worked out fine for me.

Best of luck with it!
    Thanks, and yeah I'm definitely not going to run before I can walk. I'm pretty sure 18 is enough for me though even as I type this the USA Mix is recharging and I'm feeling GREAT with the 24mg Caramel Blend but I know I don't really need it.

I'll work it all out over time. I'm loving these posts where people say how it happened for them. I still am a complete newb at all this but I am so happy knowing vaping has made me forget cigs completely.
    Ryedan and Anjaffm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GracieD View Post
    I started vaping in May and at 24mg. I could tell right away that was too high and went to 18 very quickly. I didn't notice any affects at the level such as light-headed or anything but it did seem that is was scorching (don't really know how to explain it) the roof of my mouth. I really thought it was the nicotine level doing it so I tried some apple flavored at 10mg and it seemed fine. I decided to DIY and diluted all my nic juice to 11 so it ended up being around 9 or so once the flavors were added and all I do is crave a cigarette So now I need to order some more nic at a higher level and save my 11 for when I am ready to drop down that low and go back up to around 14 or so and see if that satisfies without the burning feeling on the roof of my mouth. Oh well, live and learn
    I have found the strong TH hit with higher nic can be avoided if you exhale some then inhale a little. It sounds like you need the nic but don't like the TH. Just draw some in, let some out and enjoy the rest. It probably sounds weird but it works for me.
    GracieD and Anjaffm like this.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scream View Post
    I have found the strong TH hit with higher nic can be avoided if you exhale some then inhale a little. It sounds like you need the nic but don't like the TH. Just draw some in, let some out and enjoy the rest. It probably sounds weird but it works for me.
    Most of the nic is absorbed by the mucous membranes in our mouth and nasal passages anyway. I've never tried vaping without inhaling but people say it works pretty well.
    If you Tweet and have 2 extra minutes a day, you can do this. Look for the daily threads in General E-Smoking Discussion
    titled “Fight for Your Right to #Vape – Daily Action Plan” and Tweet for the cause.

Karto Tank Kween Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Well I'm going to have to be honest, I'm so new to all this I didn't really think about nic levels. I have an EVOD starter kit which I love and various juices and I started on 24mg on the advice of people on forums who said if you're just quitting you need high nicotine.

I think because I got used to the 24 the 18 doesn't feel quite right though I am kind of forcing myself to use 18 through the day right from the start. I have ordered more 18's to come tomorrow or Monday too. The 24 gets me kind of high which is nice but a bit worrying lol.

I'm using a clearomiser it has a single coil I think the battery is just an EVOD which I think is a standard ego I don't really know.

I'm having no issues even the amount of nic is no big deal I have not wanted a cig at all since I started vaping I just got paranoid I was vaping such high nic and then got used to it, almost swapping one addiction for another albeit a less harmful one.
    I still think you are doing very very well, and we all know how much there is to learn when it comes to vaping. I really would try a 50/50 mix of two of your same flavors (the 24 and the 18) and give yourself another nic level to try out.

Interestingly enuf, many people call it an addiction. The need for nicotine is a dependence, not an addiction.
    Ryedan and Anjaffm like this.

Go for the Gold...

I came for the vape. I stayed for the giggles.

Our vape is at stake. PLEASE JOIN CASAA? www.casaa.org

Super Member Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger

I started at 0 nic because I thought the hand to mouth motion would be enough to trick my mind, I was wrong. I now vape 6mg nic and it's a perfect level for me. I have no intentions of changing anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Laser Gunslinger ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

From what I gather, the most dramatic drop is from 1.2 to .6. Lack of throat hit seems to be the biggest snag. That, and you might hit it more than you ever did before, and that may be saying something when it comes to vaping.
    patkin likes this.
    FIRE THE LASER BEAM!

Anomalous member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Also, if you vape mostly VG, you will have a lot less TH. I vape 30mg/ml mostly vg. If I try vaping less mg/ml I end up chain vaping to get the nic I crave, but I don't like TH, thus the vg.

every time i went to a lower nic level, i liked it better than the higher alternative. you can simply taste the flavor a lot more with a lower nic imo.
    ---Keep On Vapin!---

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast