Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Resetting the meter :-(

Ultra Member ECF Veteran StarsAndBars's Avatar

My wife and I moved into a house 3 months ago. We had to unmove our couch over a 2nd floor apartment balcony using a ladder and climbing rope, then took 2 hours to open the bay window of a 120 year old victorian using a military shovel. It was the only opening in the house that the couch would fit through. That's just a taste of the move and we still have boxes that are unpacked.

It's best to do it like a band aid. Pick a few days that are nothing but unpacking. Get caffeine'd out and go crazy, or that's kinda what we did.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Glad you have made the choice not to let the set back stop you. I'm sure this time will be much easier. You are already armed with much knowledge learned the first time around and realize the consequences of letting yourself down.

One Day at a time and Best of luck!
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

Ultra Member ECF Veteran pufZeppelin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broodwich View Post
    Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon for a while after I moved. Bought my first house, did a horrible job of packing, and was completely clueless as to how much stuff I would have to do! I have finally settled down and reset my signature banner. 8 months of hard work down the tubes. These are all horrible excuses though, cuz I could have just bought some ego's, but I didn't so here I am starting all over.

But I think it will be ok, because I do not want to be a smoker, and feel pretty crappy about myself for falling off the wagon. I'm going to have to go through the cravings all over again now, grrrr!
    Hi Broodwich-welcome back

don't beat yourself up too much, you have a great advantage most beginners do not have,
    you understand vaping and the learning curve will be qwik !

just go thru the motions and before you know it, burning paper tobacco will be YUK

good luck
    Ω ... you have to "Learn" how to Vape, it's not smoking... it’s,“addiction without the consequences”

Forgive yourself. You deserve it. You are doing great!

I smelll like a cupcake!

Ultra Member Verified Member WillyZee's Avatar

no big deal Broodwich ... you got back on the bike ... and the move is done ... time to relax with a vape
    Smoke Free since Sept. 22nd 2013 ... Keep Calm & Vape On

And I'm bloody good at it Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Broodwich View Post
    Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon for a while after I moved. Bought my first house, did a horrible job of packing, and was completely clueless as to how much stuff I would have to do! I have finally settled down and reset my signature banner. 8 months of hard work down the tubes. These are all horrible excuses though, cuz I could have just bought some ego's, but I didn't so here I am starting all over.

But I think it will be ok, because I do not want to be a smoker, and feel pretty crappy about myself for falling off the wagon. I'm going to have to go through the cravings all over again now, grrrr!
    You are being FAR too hard on yourself and those 8 months aren't "down the drain". Your lungs healed a bit in that time and you can get right back on the wagon, you know it. Forgive yourself and move on.

If you had cravings the last time, perhaps your nic level wasn't quite high enough. Maybe boost it by a couple mgs to see if that doesn't chase them away.

The most important thing is that you refuse to beat yourself up about it. Moving absolutely SUCKS under any circumstances and if it doesn't go smoothly, well, we can all be forgiven for not being perfect saints...lol

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

That just means you haven't quit YET!
    You've had a good run at it and now know what to expect from vaping.
    Continue fighting the good fight and you'll get there.

Henry Louis "H. L." Mencken (September 12, 1880 – January 29, 1956)
    Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.

Senior Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I feel so much better now! Just goes to show what a great community this is!

Enjoying some unflavored with a tasty Sierra Nevada Porter now!
    pufZeppelin and EvilZoe like this.

PV Master Verified Member Mark Anthony's Avatar

Welcome back....pick yourself up, dust yourself off.... We've been waiting for you. Seriously though... welcome back!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12