Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Will this carto tank ever not suck?

Super Member Verified Member Scarey's Avatar

Default Will this carto tank ever not suck?

I've heard such high praise for carto tanks. I bought a low-end one (Boge F-16) to see if they were for me. So far, my experience has been this: Not enough liquid, dry hits, okay, that's not good for a carto, get it wetter. Floooding... Let it sit, looks dry... test, dry... Fill. Flooood. Let it sit. Floood. Good vape, flood... Dry... Flood...

Is there a happy meduim between flooding, dry, and leaking onto my mod? So far, I'm not remotely impressed.
    alisa1970 and madqatter like this.
    _____________Last analog: September 10th, 2013, Around 22:00 GMT -5______________
    At 0.5Ω of resistance you're pushing 7.4 amps and a whopping 27.38 watts...
    If you did that to an eGo, it would destroy a small village.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Sounds as if youre not priming it correctly or you dont have a tight seal. My carto tanks work perfectly but there was a learning curve to using them.
    wv2win, Baditude, vang0gh and 2 others like this.

Ursus Praedonum Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Blog Entries

It sounds like you have already flooded your cartomizers beyond repair. Start over with a new carto.

As my friend Zapped said, priming the carto correctly is the single most important step in a cartotank setup. How well you do this will determine how well that carto performs for its entire life.

Follow the method I use here word for word. Watch the video. Use the tooth pick. Get yourself a tank accessory tool. There is a slight learning curve with cartotanks, but you'll get it down soon.

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

Cartotank Help for a Noob

Make certain your draw techique is correct for a cartotank. Slow gentle long draws of 4 - 6 seconds - imagine sucking on a straw in a thick milkshake. Short hard draw like you are smoking a cigarette will flood the carto. Not priming the carto adequately will cause dry burnt hits.

I'm not a fan of the low-end tanks like the F16, but it hopefully will give you a glimpse of what a quality cartotank can provide.

I thought the same thing when I got my first carto tank (IBTANKED Halfing) Bought a few short non-punched cartos for it.
    I had the same problems you are having.
    I said F it and put it aside... for a while.
    I tried punching more holes, tried less holes. Played with the voltage. Nothing was working. I set it aside again...

Then just last week I bought a standard sized IBTANKED tube and 3 standard 2 hole LR cartos. I figured all these vapers who love the flavor they are getting from their cartos cant all be wrong.

Put the new tank on the caps, loaded in the new carto, filled the tank, primed the carto and walked away for 10 mins., primed the carto again. Set the voltage to 4 volts and had at it. Yep not much vapor!! Damn Try again, Dry. re-prime, next hit, OK, but not good.

Set it down for a day... I added two more holes to the carto that is in the tank, re-primed. let it set for a couple of min. Took a few short hits. Better. Took a nice stead easy draw, much much better.

I can NOT chain vape this carto. I really didnt get it to chain vape. (I have drippers for that) I got it for the flavor factor in a tank that I dont have to drip into every 10 or so hits.

I have been using this carto tank all nite and am pleased with the performance.

Moral of this long winded store.
    Dont give up, dink with it a bit, try a few different things. ALL these Carto nuts out there, Arent nuts

I have NOT yet read the above links. I must have got lucky. LOL
    I will be doing some reading.
    Thanks Badattuide
    Last edited by Peppie; 10-27-2013 at 06:49 AM.

Super Member Verified Member Scarey's Avatar

I think I've got the draw down.When it did perform well, it was alright. I never heard of damage by flooding though. I guess I need to look into priming more. First carto: Burnt. Second carto: flooded to death. Maybe I'll figure this thing out on number three...
    _____________Last analog: September 10th, 2013, Around 22:00 GMT -5______________
    At 0.5Ω of resistance you're pushing 7.4 amps and a whopping 27.38 watts...
    If you did that to an eGo, it would destroy a small village.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarey View Post
    I think I've got the draw down.When it did perform well, it was alright. I never heard of damage by flooding though. I guess I need to look into priming more. First carto: Burnt. Second carto: flooded to death. Maybe I'll figure this thing out on number three...
    Keep at it.
    Took me a bit more than that..
    It was worth the hassle IMO
    Baditude likes this.

I primarily chain vape carto tanks - in rotation
    There was a learning curve and some variation from juice to juice

I love my main tank a BAT Tank that holds 15 ml of juice and I keep it loaded with a vanilla that I vape @ 10 ml's a night from it.
    don't get me wrong I do like my RBA's and genies, I have a few clearos and Bcc's, but carto tanks are my go to E-liquid delivery vessel.

I use XXL cartos sometimes, they hold 3.5 ml, so no need for a tank.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Vagabond View Post
    I love my main tank a BAT Tank that holds 15 ml of juice
    That BAT tank made by Cirrus has a 12 ml capacity, not 15. Cirrus Bad Ass Tank

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast