Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cloud chasing

Default Cloud chasing

So i've decided that i wanted to do some cloud chasing just for the fun of it... Im gonna get the equipment to stay safe of course but i need the almighty knowledge of the ecf members that actually do chase clouds

Sony US18650VTC3 batteries are the best for this right?

What are your tips for coil setups?
    I was thinking dual nano dragon coils in a igo-w or a helio on a cotton bed with 100% vg juice

Got any other tips for some bigbutt clouds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Damn should have written something about an exploding lawnmover causing PV's being banned in greenland as a title

Buuuuuuuuumped!

cmdebrecht likes this.

Full Member Verified Member Brantis's Avatar

Hey Dusif,

I would recommend you start out on those 3v batteries due to their safety. Once you do a little more research and realize just how far you can push your batteries "safely" then might I suggest using a higher voltage. Also, invest in some ribbon wire. There are plenty of vendors that sell it now, so I won't recommend any. Ribbon wire can give you much more vape and is so much easier to maintain than a multi-coil setup.

Safety first...seriously...make sure you are VERY familiar with your batteries and what they can/can't do. Cloud chasing can cause a lot of heartache if you aren't careful.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Full Member Verified Member Brantis's Avatar

PS...micro coils, nano coils, blah blah blah...seriously the only coil you need is a well wrapped "normal" coil that gets proper airflow. This might require drilling the airflow opening...but...this is what it takes to get those big clouds.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I agree with brantis. My 'clouds' with a now 'old school' 5/4 wrap around doubled over 2mm silican wick in a dripper produces clouds that human lungs were never intended for.

For circusy/90s high school dance/gimmicky clouds, maybe just try 100% vg juice.

Default Cloud chasing

I already drilled my drippers airhole to 1,5mm
    And im currently using panasonic cgr18650ch batteries that i was told was safe to about .7 ohms wich i believe is about a 10amp volt+volt / ohm of coil am i right?

Last edited by Dusif; 10-27-2013 at 09:00 PM.

And i always vape 100% vg

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I rock same pannys and I wouldn't go below 1.0 ohm. My preferred is 1.5-7. Could they handle .7? In theory, yes, but I wouldn't.

Super Member ECF Veteran D. Waterhouse's Avatar

Your battery looks good. Remember, check the ohms of your build be fore you put it on your battery device, just because you metered your coil doesn't necessarily mean it will be that ohm reading when installed in your RBA/RDA.

OK, safety out of the way.

I run a .8 micro coil on an Igo S w/ 26AWG Kanthal and cotton ball wick. I'm looking to get a set of Sonys to run Dual 1ohms in an Igo W but moneys squeaky tight right now so maybe for christmas?
    The SID & ARO, BoxMods w/ 2ohm singles, IGO S w/ Sigelei 24 & Mt. Baker Vapor juice :)

Quote Originally Posted by IrishUpstart View Post
    I rock same pannys and I wouldn't go below 1.0 ohm. My preferred is 1.5-7. Could they handle .7? In theory, yes, but I wouldn't.
    My friend has the same batteries and have had them running perfectly with a coil that was actually a .6 and my coils at .7 has never given me problems of any kind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast