Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Blowing up the house

  1. #1
    Ultra Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    In the Mountains
    Posts
    1,495

    Unhappy Blowing up the house

    I’m using my old Inferno batteries (650 and 900 mah) with Mini Davides and that worked well until the threads started stripping with the Ego/510 adapters. I was thinking the Kanger eVod eGo Battery 1000mah. It says to charge them using a 420mah ego charger.How the heck can you tell if the Inferno charger I have is a 420mah ego charger?

    The wall AC adaptor wall plug reads:
    Model: BN-168
    Input: 100-240V AC
    50 60Hz 100mA
    Output: DC 5V +===500MA

    The USB cable has the following printed on the wire.
    What looks like a backwards RL AWM E214500 2725 28AWG VW-1SC 80oC 30V

    It wouldn’t be a big deal to just buy a new charger except it seems like everybody, naturally, is out of the cables.
    Any enlightenment greatly appreciated.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2
    Senior Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    pmcode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Barstow, CA
    Posts
    263

    Default

    The battery will pull whatever mA it "needs", which is why you have to use a charger that is rated to at least provide what the battery requires. You also do not want to provide too many mA, as if the battery goes into run-away, the charger would not trip and continue to "feed" the battery.

    Your charger should be fine, as it is the wall-wart rating that matters, not the usb cable (*mostly). The wall-wart has a 500mA rating


    * USB specification requires all cables to have a minimum 500mA rating. Assuming the manufacturer followed those specs, you are good.
    FlamingoTutu and meanckz like this.
    "Star Trek is the future we should be aiming for, but Star Wars will probably be the future we'll have.”

  4. Advertisement
  5. #3
    Ultra Member Verified Member IBCR Media's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Posts
    2,262

    Default

    The wall adapter output and and the charger dongle input should match. If they do, you're good. If they don't, it might work or...

    You might want to just get a USB charger dongle.

    DV has plenty in stock:

    eGo/510 USB Rapid Charger - 420mAh
    FlamingoTutu likes this.

    Vapers Blessing: May your batteries be fully charged, your atomizer full of great liquid, your coils wrapped to the sweet spot and your vapor clouds be big, bright and beautiful.

  6. #4
    Ultra Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    In the Mountains
    Posts
    1,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IBCR Media View Post
    The wall adapter output and and the charger dongle input should match. If they do, you're good. If they don't, it might work or...

    You might want to just get a USB charger dongle.

    DV has plenty in stock:

    eGo/510 USB Rapid Charger - 420mAh
    Thanks, I'll have to get a new wall-wart too I guess as it's not compatible with mine. No biggie. It's in my cart, thanks

    Thank you too pmcode

    Just trying not to add to Baditude's photo collection.

  7. #5
    Ultra Member Verified Member IBCR Media's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Posts
    2,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlamingoTutu View Post
    Thanks, I'll have to get a new wall-wart too I guess as it's not compatible with mine. No biggie. It's in my cart, thanks

    Thank you too pmcode

    Just trying not to add to Baditude's photo collection.
    I LOL'ed at that last statement.

    If you're getting a new wall wart, you might want to look into getting a dual port wart made by Duracell. I got one for around $20.00 at Office Depot about a year ago to charge my personal and business cell phones at the same time. The output specs are consistent with the input specs for our Ego-style chargers and I can charge two batteries of different capacities, manufacture and charge state safely at the same time.
    FlamingoTutu and Robino1 like this.

    Vapers Blessing: May your batteries be fully charged, your atomizer full of great liquid, your coils wrapped to the sweet spot and your vapor clouds be big, bright and beautiful.

  8. #6
    Ultra Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    In the Mountains
    Posts
    1,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IBCR Media View Post
    I LOL'ed at that last statement.

    If you're getting a new wall wart, you might want to look into getting a dual port wart made by Duracell. I got one for around $20.00 at Office Depot about a year ago to charge my personal and business cell phones at the same time. The output specs are consistent with the input specs for our Ego-style chargers and I can charge two batteries of different capacities, manufacture and charge state safely at the same time.
    Yeah, he just loves to flash those photos around.

    That sounds sweet, I'll look into it. Thanks!

  9. #7
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In the wilderness
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    Most ecig kits I've seen come with a wall adapter that is 500mah 5v output and the charger is 420mah 4.2v. The charger itself uses some of the voltage in the process of converting. The key is not to go under the 420 mah and don't exceed 5v output on the adapter. I use an adapter that is 5v 1Ah and have been for 4 months.

    I just looked into the inferno and though I didn't see much detailed info, I saw nothing indicating the charging system for it would be a problem with other equipment. I would think if a problem existed there would have been multiple comments by now.
    FlamingoTutu and Ryedan like this.
    When I'm watchin' my TV and a man comes on to tell me how white my shirts can be.
    Well he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't vape the same apv's as me.

  10. #8
    Ultra Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    In the Mountains
    Posts
    1,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penn View Post
    Most ecig kits I've seen come with a wall adapter that is 500mah 5v output and the charger is 420mah 4.2v. The charger itself uses some of the voltage in the process of converting. The key is not to go under the 420 mah and don't exceed 5v output on the adapter. I use an adapter that is 5v 1Ah and have been for 4 months.

    I just looked into the inferno and though I didn't see much detailed info, I saw nothing indicating the charging system for it would be a problem with other equipment. I would think if a problem existed there would have been multiple comments by now.
    Thank you. Yes, I think someone would have said something. Volcano does like to shroud their stuff in mystery don't they? Oh well, I quit cigarettes by using their stuff so it was worth it. And the batteries have all had over 200 hundred charges on them and still going strong so I'm grateful.

  11. #9
    Ultra Member Verified Member Criticalmass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    South Carolina, Greenville, USA
    Posts
    2,557

    Default

    It should be fine and I like my EVOD batteries. The USB specifications have slowly allowed for most of these items to become universal chargers. I use my cell-phone a/c adapter with my ego charger cable all the time, no issues. I have even used my Kindle a/c adapter for it.
    Last edited by Criticalmass; 10-27-2013 at 08:01 PM.
    FlamingoTutu likes this.

    Join The Resistance

  12. #10
    Ultra Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    In the Mountains
    Posts
    1,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DougW1971 View Post
    It should be fine and I like my EVOD batteries. The USB specifications have slowly allowed for most of these items to become universal chargers. I use my cell-phone a/c adapter with my ego charger cable all the time, no issues. I have even used my Kindle a/c adapter for it.
    Yeah, see, I'm just not that brave. No B&Ms around here if I blow everything up either. Such is life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •