Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Dire Need!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

4 volts would cook and fry my juice for sure I use 4.5 v on a 3 ohm coil and 3.7 or under for 2.5 ohm coil if I increase I get burnt taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Train2 View Post
    Once you burn on a coil, you may not even be able to get rid of the burnt taste with a good cleaning.
    You need to figure out WHY you're getting that burn in the first place - you shouldn't, but it may actually be WORSE with lower resistance.

I found that I would get "dry hits" and then burning on a ProTank because not enough juice got to the coil. I fixed this by pulling the air stem off the coil/head, and with tweezers, removing about 1/2 of the wick that lies across the top. Look for "remove flavor wick on ProTank" here or on YouTube to see exactly how to do this. Now I'm happy with my ProTanks...
    (and I use 2 ohm coils at 4 volts all the time).

I will try that

Quote Originally Posted by Wildflowers69 View Post
    I get anything past 3.7 and it burns and then seems coil is doomed after that.. taste i can't get rid of after it happens
    ah ok we are getting somewhere .... but at 3 volts its fine ?

2.5 ohm at 3.7 volts = 5.476 watts ( by the way watts equals power and therefore heat)
    2.5 ohm at 3.0 volts = 3.6 watts

the juice you have doesn't like to be pushed too high (my favorite vanilla is the same ) this does not mean your juice is bad, it just means it cant take high heat

once you burn juice on a wick it will always taste burn - time for a new one - but don't push this juice higher it will burn again

ECF Veteran

I do have a card with it on it
    Try following that card I have a hunch after 5 minutes you will LOVE the taste !

I was frying coils left and right I tried going by the card and now i'm looking for reasons to rebuild coils.
    Now if i can just remember to change the setting according to the coil ohms i'm using lol
    Last edited by second2none; 10-27-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Oh boy so all my wicks r toast ....
    Quote Originally Posted by The Vagabond View Post
    ah ok we are getting somewhere .... but at 3 volts its fine ?

2.5 ohm at 3.7 volts = 5.476 watts ( by the way watts equals power and therefore heat)
    2.5 ohm at 3.0 volts = 3.6 watts

the juice you have doesn't like to be pushed too high (my favorite vanilla is the same ) this does not mean your juice is bad, it just means it cant take high heat

once you burn juice on a wick it will always taste burn - time for a new one - but don't push this juice higher it will burn again

ECF Veteran

Oh boy so all my wicks r toast ....
    you may still be able to use them , It sounds like you haven't vaped on them long

With my SID sometimes I can be vaping away and haven't changed anything and all of a sudden it changes to a burnt flavor. Makes me think the accuracy of the voltage is off on it- Provari in few days so we will see. I will go to local shop and get some new heads
    NiNi likes this.

looks like the local store is still open

perfection vapes
    Rochester Location:

1839 E Ridge Rd
    Irondequoit NY 14622
    Visit us on facebook
    perfectionvapes.com
    NiNi likes this.

Ive tried-washing them (some suggest dry burn but that makes things worse) ya not even a week old and the brand new ones 2.5 I tried 3 of those today. I think may be my SID
    Quote Originally Posted by second2none View Post
    you may still be able to use them , It sounds like you haven't vaped on them long

With my SID sometimes I can be vaping away and haven't changed anything and all of a sudden it changes to a burnt flavor. Makes me think the accuracy of the voltage is off on it- Provari in few days so we will see. I will go to local shop and get some new heads
    its all in how you suck on it ---- long easy drags work best --- short hard drags and hard drags are generally going to lead to burn out taste
    boomerdude and NiNi like this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast