Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Do you shop online or offline?

Melvin Boba TK Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The vape shops around here are overpriced and sub par. I bought my first cigalike kit at the flea market. Since then, I found 3 well respected vendors online through the forum and popular u-tube reviewers.

B&Ms tend to be more expensive due to staff and overhead. If you find they have a website, the prices tend to be lower than going into the store.
    meanckz likes this.
    - Saving money by NOT paying taxes -

2. Advertisement
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran pufZeppelin's Avatar

mostly on line--price & selection

have several shops around me and they all are 'butchers', prices are SO HIGH can't imagine they will be around long

it is just 'gouging' unknowing people that come in for help...

25 m drive gets me a shop that is decent in service & price, so when I'm close I stop in...
    meanckz likes this.
    Ω ... you have to "Learn" how to Vape, it's not smoking... it’s,“addiction without the consequences”

4. Advertisement
    PV Master Verified Member Mark Anthony's Avatar

Online.... I have no shops close by..... That might be a good thing though.... LoL

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I do my research on ECF and shop online. I have one vape store that is about 25 miles from my home. Rebranded pricey juice and outrageous hardware prices, but I have bought from them when I am in the area. The next closest is almost 50 miles away. Not worth it to try out juices and purchase way overpriced equipment. If I am up that way I will go and check them out.

I have found that I learn much more here than I can get from anyone at my local vape shop although they are very nice people.
    Mountain_Rain96 likes this.

A Journey begins when you choose a Path

I have 4 shops within 10 min of my house, I do my best to support them, but it certainly is cheaper to order online 99% of the time. I do however enjoy sampling flavors and getting to talk to the (sometimes) knowledgeable staff.

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I would love to support my locals but I refuse to when it is 1/5th the price online somewhere else...... making a living is one thing, trying to bend me over cause they think i dont know what its worth is another.

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by minoh View Post
    Hey guys,

I was just wondering if most of you guys get your gears/liquids online or offline. I know vape stores are not common in certain states/cities yet, so I was just wondering where/how you guys get your hands on vapes.

Also, if you guys go to a store, what do you guys like or dislike about it? Or do you guys prefer online stores? If so why or why not?

I m just curious of what are your thoughts on pros/cons of going to a store or shopping online

For me, there are a lot of vape stores opening up near my location. There are even like vape bars where you can just come in and smoke. I guess good thing is that you can try liquids out before purchasing them? Online stores don't look too legit to my eyes so I am a bit hesitant before buying any liquids, although their prices are lower than the physical stores.

Thanks guys!
    Psssst, we no longer smoke......

All my purchases are online. I've not looked for a local place. I think there is one somewhere near but I'm at the point where I like one vendor for liquids and I only need to get replacement heads for my Nova's once in a while. My PV is a durable beast and I have my third coming just because I wanted a different color....and backup for my backup
    Thrasher and FlamingoTutu like this.
    Smoke Free Since October 5, 2012 ~Mod extraordinaire~
    Join CASAA and be a part of standing up for your right to vape.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I get my coil heads online but mods and juice in-store. I found a magneto online for $41 (not china) and my store had them for $49 no waiting no shipping good for me. I've tried juice online and didn't like any of it so I go to my little store that makes his own.

Default Do you shop online or offline?

There are a bunch of shops close to me in the south Florida area. The prices aren't too bad and when u need something right away the few local shops around have what I need. It is a few bucks more. Like some others have said its nice to try out the favors before dropping hard earned money on em blind. Got to try out the provari yesterday and they have it the same price as online. Next paycheck I know where I'll be stopping by to pick one up. But I'm about 50/50 online and in retail shops nearby.
    Ld3441 likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I live in Iowa so I shop online. I really don't think I would shop in a BnM if I had one. I have too many online stores that treat me so well that I am now loyal to them.
    Mountain_Rain96 likes this.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast