Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree212Likes

Thread: Facepalm moment

Ultra Member Verified Member Rancor0681's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mandi0808 View Post
    Convo at a party last nite:

Dude: I'm proud of you for quitting, but I can still smell the e-cig. It smells like cigarettes. You know they give off that scent, right?

Me (vaping on watermelon lime): That's fruit you're smelling.

Dude:

Me: It's fruit. You're smelling watermelon. There is no cigarette smell.

Dude: Yes, they do still smell like that. All those electronic ones give off that scent.

Me: ITS. FRUIT. This does not smell like cigarettes.

Dude: I used to smoke. I know what it smells like. It has that cigarette smell.

Me:
    Must have smoked ..... juice or one to many poles in his time lol
    Anjaffm likes this.

Senior Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I barely got to vape at the party I went to. Everyone was enamored with my MVP and kept bugging me to try it. People loved the smell of the tangerine champagne juice I had. I should have know better and brought extras for show and tell.
    Anjaffm likes this.
    Every convert we get is another life saved and another nail in the coffin of big tobacco. Vape on!

Dragon Lady Supporting Member Anjaffm's Avatar

golly gee, why does your hubby have such a .. uhm... person.. as a best friend?

actually, a double facepalm is not enough, so here goes:

Unfortunately, you can't fix stupid.
    You can, however, walk away from it
    ~Sue~Feb2012 and coalyard like this.
    European Vapers: We need you! Please sign the European Free Vaping Initiative - for all of us!

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityJoe View Post

Did you use the opportunity while he was bent over to plant your foot up his @$$.
    Missed my chance. The same guy was recently canned for faking a disability claim ...

I would much rather continue my enjoyment of nicotine in a benign manner, than risk turning into a self-righteous nuisance with an unfulfilled craving ...

The "spoilers" will always be among us. But now I fully expect to outlive most of them ...
    Iffy, PLANofMAN, Anjaffm and 1 others like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rico942 View Post
    Missed my chance. The same guy was recently canned for faking a disability claim ...
    Wait...the guy complaining of abdominal cramps from your vaping got canned for faking a disability claim? hm.....
    ScandaLeX and Anjaffm like this.

Dragon Lady Supporting Member Anjaffm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    Wait...the guy complaining of abdominal cramps from your vaping got canned for faking a disability claim? hm.....
    bwaaahaaahaaa!
    I love it!
    European Vapers: We need you! Please sign the European Free Vaping Initiative - for all of us!

Blog Entries

I would much rather continue my enjoyment of nicotine in a benign manner, than risk turning into a self-righteous nuisance with an unfulfilled craving ...
    I love this quote!

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    Yep ...

It was actually more ridiculous than that, he claimed it was from my tobacco smoking, months after I had quit ...

Guess I'm lucky, he might have been setting me up for a harrassment claim, which apparently can be initiated for any "objectionable" behavior (as defined by the plaintiff), according to our HR director ...

I had my revenge, though. When they banned the guy from returning to the building last month, I swiped his desk fan to facilitate my stealth vaping ...

He was out on disabled leave with a "back injury", and sent a video of himself snowboarding through company email, which was eventually forwarded to the Benefits department. Stupid knows no boundaries ...
    Last edited by rico942; 01-02-2014 at 12:15 AM.

Ultra Member Verified Member beckdg's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He was out on disabled leave with a "back injury", and sent a video of himself snowboarding through company email, which was eventually forwarded to the Benefits department. Stupid knows no boundaries ...
    two big thumbs up from one "smart" guy to the next...

and a couple quotes from a true genius. one who realizes he can't outsmart stupidity...

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?”
    ― Albert Einstein

“The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.”
    ― Albert Einstein

thanks for this thread. made my day.

His name is Robert Paulson. His name is Robert Paulson.

Yeah, I type stuff. ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillyZee View Post
    maybe when he smoked ... he was a watermelon smoker ... kids will try smoking anything, if they think it makes them look cool

@OP: Maybe you were standing near a smoker (even if they aren't smoking, you can "smell cigs"). I used to smell like that...so I try to ignore it, but in this context, it makes sense.
    Tobacco free since 6/30/10 4:30 pm! VV box mod user and amateur multimeter reader.
    ♪♫♪♫♩ They call me AttyPops, AttyPops, Oh Atty Atty Atty... AttyPops! <Ba, Da, Bum, Bum> ♪♫♪♫♩

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast