Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree661Likes

Thread: GoodNews!

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Im not going to argue with you man about what was said.
    if there was a misunderstanding i too apologize but to come and claim your intellectually superior to anyone by spouting off about your IQ and own set of rules shows otherwise.

and your very wrong - I thought it was actually pretty cool that you seemed to mellow out and could hold a normal conversation without drolling on about conspiracies and bizarre tangents and people being vendor employees and how we are all against you or this and that.. the posts were short and concise and actually had an air of cohesion for once. but then it happened the 50 paragraph rambling stories came back.

there is something written on your front page:
    "GoodNews! has not made any friends"

if you would just relax a little and got over yourself this could change.
    Last edited by Thrasher; 01-07-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

GN, there is always a grain of truth in everyone's perspective.

About 1/2 the posts on ECF daily is about a "problem" or about "solving a problem".

So, you are right that this vaping gear stuff has some um.....ticks.

I knew that the first week. I've thrown away clearos I just paid $5.99 for plus shipping that were unvapeable blah blah blah

The problem is two fold:
    expectation level - yours is way too high
    coping ability - yours is too low

Its the nature of new tech cheaply made in china. There are those who turn it into a positive......they try to build a better mousetrap.
    That is the nature of the "sharing" that goes on here. And the innovation.

Why not just try to make things work, most of life is like that anyway, isn't it? If vaping gear was the biggest thorn in my side, my life would be golden.

I'm not as enchanted with vaping as some, but I'm still doing it after 17 months, plugging along. I dont think I will ever get as much out of it as some, I don't even like most ejuices.......but I keep tryin'.

It's okay. I'm not smoking, and haven't smoked since the first week on here.
    Last edited by Racehorse; 01-07-2014 at 10:56 AM.

TC's given: ~9/27/12~ ~ 11/17/2012~~04/01/2013/TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

Super Member Verified Member TheJakeBailey's Avatar

I went to bed early last night. I was sleepy. Really interesting seeing this thread evolve and then self destruct reading it straight through, from first to last all in one sitting. That's all I feel I can say about it without infringing on the GN rule set. Everyone have an interesting day!
    Member of the Clan of Carto.

Moved On
    Blog Entries

^Catalina, There's a new post above yours that explains it all.

If there was anything rude said before my "I'll be remembered" post, then chances are, it contributed to the mood. If there wasn't anything rude said til afterward, I believe it was a misinterpretation of my defenses, which, according to the way people replied, they weren't even reading them sensibly enough for my posts to make any sense, or some users became confused on who exactly I was talking to.

That happens a lot. Because I usually refrain from saying usernames, and try to speak in a broader manner as to not sound SO attacking, some members think I'm just trying to make myself look better to everyone on this forum if I brag about my IQ or something. No, that's just a direct response to certain members calling me stupid. Obviously, not once in this entire forum, have I behaved attacking or rude to ANY single member here without preemptivity. I believe I'm extraordinarily kind, and extraordinarily humble for what my truly high IQ allows me to be.

I don't go around saying "I'm a complete noob, help me."
    -And-
    I don't go around saying "I'm smarter than everyone else, but help me."

I'm in the middle of those two. And because vaping is a hobby where everyone says "I'm a noob, help me." (even the most experienced of modders), people get TEE'D when I at least come onto this forum claiming to have a LITTLE BIT of experience when doing a semi-decent review.

And I've only ever said that I have a little experience is to combat the CONSTANT accusations of how I "MUST NOT BE TILTING MY CLEAROMIZER."

THAT'S the type of advice I grow tired of, advice where people are OBVIOUSLY mocking me. However, I only get that assumption when people add RUDE comments to "Are you tilting your clearomizer?" They'll say things like "Are you tilting your clearomizer? Your odd personality tells me you have no clue what you're doing."

That's why I started fighting with people when I first signed up.

---------

I did mean that "I'll be rememebered" thing as that "I'll be remembered as the forum troll."
    I didn't even edit that post (or if I did, it was to correct spelling, I usually just edit posts to correct grammar mistakes - I hate looking dumb, obviously.)
    I bragged about my IQ after DOZENS of insulting posts that were actually insulting.
    How many times have I actually bragged about my actual IQ on this forum? Not til now.
    Usually, depending on the thread, I POKE JOKES AT MYSELF.
    My rambling is something people will have to GET OVER. I'm just PASSING TIME.

If you guys don't care enough about me that you'd rather me go off smoking a pack of cigarettes than trying to stay off cigarettes by at least rambling about a bad clearomizer on a forum, then there you go.

Bunch of hatefulness is what it is. Get over the fact that I ramble. I didn't even CARE that you said I rambled. That's not what tee'd me off in the least. It was something about how stupid I am. I'm not even sure if it was YOU who posted it. Someone did. And it tee'd me the crap off. I'm not stupid. Extraordinarily far from it.

Now, when I get my Youtube channel, everyone's free to post what they want. THAT'S YOUTUBE. But THIS is ECF. I obviously WANT to be a part of the community here. I WANT to get along with everyone. I've OBVIOUSLY wanted help from everyone from DAY ONE (it would matter less if I'm a stuck up person or nice person - if anyone's judged me as stuck up, they should be knowledgable enough about psychology to see right through the presumed self-dignity of mine, and GET that I'm in desperate need of help OR they should be able to read english enough to know I was NEVER rude to begin with.)
    Last edited by GoodNews!; 01-07-2014 at 11:18 AM.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    there is something written on your front page:
    "GoodNews! has not made any friends"
    Vincent Van Gogh's profile page would have said the same thing.

(unless you count Paul Gauguin as a friend.....but that didn't turn out too well, now that it's coming out that he may have actually been the one to sever Van Gogh's ear from his head with a sword........during an argument.)
    Van Gogh's ear was cut off by friend Gauguin with a sword - Telegraph

Van Gogh still had something of value to offer.

TC's given: ~9/27/12~ ~ 11/17/2012~~04/01/2013/TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

Super Member Verified Member TheJakeBailey's Avatar

For the record... Nobody is advocating any cutting off of anything. Right?
    Ryedan, Racehorse, NiNi and 1 others like this.
    Member of the Clan of Carto.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TheJakeBailey View Post
    You are correct Jake.
    NiNi and TheJakeBailey like this.

Infraction Magnet Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Well Retired1 is going to wake soon and put one of his little master locks on this thread. In the mean time I'm saddened to have witnessed it go from starting off as a spoof on our good friend and esteemed poster, GoodNews! to something that may have actualy had some ECF appropriate content to sliding completely off the steep mountain road and into what it is now.

We have to be in the air in 18 minutes so I have to go, good day All Y'all.
    RIP Clearo's RDA/RBA's - My new love is an old Carto!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheJakeBailey View Post
    Perhaps interactions, with certain elements? (Please...)

Account closed on request

wow, I really missed a lot! I got involved in the FSU / Auburn game and then went to sleep. GN, really, there was no offense taken to your joke.I have thicker skin than that. This thread was meant to be fun and that's exactly what it has been. I am grateful for all of your contributions. You are a fun guy. An incredibly intelligent fun guy. If trying to establish your own set of forum rules makes you feel better, I will follow them. Beneath it all, there has been some very useful and helpful information contributed here. Danny4x4 was right...I started it . You took it well. No offense and no worries.
    Last edited by Asbestos4004; 01-07-2014 at 12:06 PM.
    JeremyR likes this.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast