Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rickb119

Thread: Protank heads leaking

jdg

Default Protank heads leaking

Hey folks,
    I've been getting some leaking out of the Kanger Protank heads that I purchased recently. And when I say the heads are leaking, they're leaking from the center post into the 510 connection area. I'm concerned that this would damage a mod if the juice gets inside.
    Now, I don't recall my heads doing this in the past, but I also don't think I've ever purchased Kanger heads, either. I have the heads in an Evod BCC, if that makes a difference. Does anyone have a recommendation on either how to stop these heads from leaking, or a brand of heads that don't leak?

Nothing to see here

2. Advertisement
    Super Member ECF Veteran

QC on the Kanger heads has really gone down in the past few months.

The problem (IMO) is that there is not enough wick to hold the juice in. Try replacing the flavor wicks with some 100% cotton yarn. Wally World has Peaches and Crème brand that many here use. I rebuild all of mine using cotton cooking twine from BBY. Or, you could try a little cotton from a cotton ball (as the flavor wick).
    jdg likes this.

4. Advertisement
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rickb119 View Post
    QC on the Kanger heads has really gone down in the past few months.

The problem (IMO) is that there is not enough wick to hold the juice in. Try replacing the flavor wicks with some 100% cotton yarn. Wally World has Peaches and Crème brand that many here use. I rebuild all of mine using cotton cooking twine from BBY. Or, you could try a little cotton from a cotton ball (as the flavor wick).
    That is one theory.

Check All Seal areas.
    With Tank empty and Base off, place thumb over Base opening. Now you should have a sealed tank. Draw air out. It should reach a point you can no longer draw air. If not, the center tube or tank wall may be leaking.
    Inspect the top of the center tube. It is only press fit and may be loose or deformed.

Inspect the seal on the Base that seals to the tank.
    Make sure the wick is tight and seal seated.
    Check Chimney to center pipe seal - any slack and e-liquid can be drawn into the tube to eventually drain to the bottom.

All BCC tanks are Vacuum dependent. An air leak is serious.
    Air in = e-liquid out.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

To a point a minimal about of liquid showing up on the battery is in the realm of normal. The liquids are non-conductive so it doesn't hurt anything.

If the suggestions by crxess don't change anything there is another possibility: You have run a plastic tank killer liquid through you EVOD and the plastic liner now has a crack in it. See "vacuum stuff" posted by crxess.

Super Member* Verified Member Jenn Perry's Avatar

Many are having this leaving problem. It has been the new heads for me at least. It is pretty bad when out of a pack of 5 2 leak. I have contacted Kanger and they have not responded. I may try actually calling them tomorrow