Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: non smokers taking up vapeing??

Default non smokers taking up vapeing??

Is this going on? Are non smokers getting into vapeing and justifying it by just getting 0mg or 6mg of nic?? Does that make it ok?

Id love to hear peoples thoughts on this.

Ive only been vapeing 2 weeks but ive already gathered a press full of goodies ive got two egos and a twist, about 10 bottles of juice an evod, two aspire bdc minis and a .... load of ce4s and drip tips. Anyways the missus never smoked, however she keeps picking them up 'let me taste this let me taste that' i dont want to encourage it tbh, (selfishly) i would love a vapeing buddy though haha
    Last edited by tom1919; 01-24-2014 at 09:07 AM. Reason: typo

2. Advertisement
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I see a lot of non smoker pick up vaping lately, I suggest you stick with 0mg nic, you sure don't wanna addict to nicotine since you never smoke cause it so dang hard to quit.

4. Advertisement

No its not me its my partner im talking about. I smoked 20 a day for 10 years lol

I have friends who have switched to vaping from dipping, and friends who never used tobacco who now vape.

Who are we to judge if it's 'ok' or not. There are no known risks besides addiction to nicotine. But you could say the same thing about having a glass of wine once in a blue moon.

I guess it just doesn't bother me.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran DetraMental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Most of us picked up cigarettes at some point in our life and became smokers. Who's to say they wouldn't have done the same except they have vaping to turn to instead......... I dunno. I'm not advocating underage vaping just saying if they are of age they are grown enough to make their own decision.
    Last edited by DetraMental; 01-24-2014 at 10:32 AM.

Have a sense of humor, keep a sense of humor, don't lose your sense of humor....

Not sure the prevalence of non-smokers vaping, but not my place to judge. I have non-smoker friends that are very intrigued with my new hobby. If they want to get into it, I will gladly help them out, but I will encourage 0 nic. That's just my humble opinion...
    OBDave, meanckz and DanJMag like this.

PV Master* Verified Member Bunnykiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vaping 0 nic... I see no issue with it, suppose its just like a non drinker sipping on a non alcoholic beer...
    OBDave and DanJMag like this.
    Don't Trust ATOMS They Make Up Everything

Super Member Verified Member TheJakeBailey's Avatar

I'm on the fence with this one. On the one hand, I would hate for one more person to face the nicotine demon we all faced when we were smokers. I will never forget the day I realized my body was physically addicted to something, and couldn't deny it anymore. (first attempt at cold turkey.) We have what we believe to be a safer alternative, but if it were my friend, I would still probably warn against starting it at all.

On the other hand I'm not a child, and I make my own decisions. If this person is an adult, telling them they cant do it is just a step away from the antz "for the kids" argument. And I really despise the "for the kids" argument. Raise your own damn kids. don't punish me if you can't be bothered with it.

so... yep, I'm still on the fence.
    Member of the Clan of Carto.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

This won't be popular but...

I honestly and strongly believe that adults can and should make their own choices. Weather the were smokers or not to vape is a personal choice.

Underage vaping I have a serious gut level negative reaction to. It is not reasonable or rational in any sense of the word but when I hear of underage vaping I want to just scream NO DON'T DO IT. I can make all sorts of rationalizations for my reaction but that is what they are. After the fact rationalizations. Just being completely honest and NOT looking for a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrany View Post
    This won't be popular but...

I honestly and strongly believe that adults can and should make their own choices. Weather the were smokers or not to vape is a personal choice.

Underage vaping I have a serious gut level negative reaction to. It is not reasonable or rational in any sense of the word but when I hear of underage vaping I want to just scream NO DON'T DO IT. I can make all sorts of rationalizations for my reaction but that is what they are. After the fact rationalizations. Just being completely honest and NOT looking for a debate.
    That seems to be the popular opinion...

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast