Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: People are too easily manipulated, even in this community.

Default People are too easily manipulated, even in this community.

I'm not trying to be negative in any way, I've just noticed something happening within this community that bothers me, now its obviously inevitable but I'm wondering how people feel about this.

I've noticed that if reviewers, mainly rip, reviews a product, it is instantly sold out and everyone can't wait to get one. Now, in every other aspect of life the majority of people don't think for themselves, in a society so grossly infested with propaganda, marketing, and indoctrination, as a citizen and consumer its nearly impossible to escape it. The thing that bothers me is that I don't want the vapeing industry and community to become how everything else is. with that world of industry comes ....tier products, higher prices, tax, regulation and bull.....

So, I know I'm over reacting and the fact that a few reviewers set the bar, and decide which companies make it or not based on a small royalty, isnt going to ruin our community but it still personally bothers me that people do this. I'm not blaming these reviewers whatsoever, I would do the same thing just for the free gear, I'm blaming us, the consumer for not deciding for ourselves what we like. The next few years are super important for the vaping community and if we can't even choose what products we should buy how are we gonna fight regulations and taxation? In America we have forgotten how to fight for our freedoms and its going to be our downfall, I atleast want to vape freely lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    MFToms59 and Virtual Realist like this.

2. Advertisement

thats silly. The stuff is generally sold out before the review ever gets uploaded. Give us a little more credit. Most of us are free thinkers and we buy what we want. I can assure you, RIP Tripper has NEVER convinced me to buy anything. I take advice from friends and other members of the vaping community...if there's something I'm interested in, I'll watch a review or two.
    e-pipeman, DaveP, Izan and 9 others like this.
    ProVari x5, Hana V3 DNA30, VaporShark DNA30, 4nine copper, King V2, Nemesis SS & Brass, Stingray Brass & Red Copper, Panzer SS & Blackhawk, Kayfun, Taifun GT, Aqua, Stillare, TOBH, Quasar, Helios, Patriot,Magma, Atomic, ZenithV2

4. Advertisement
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Many of us can think for ourselves. I take everyone's suggestions, including reviewers, and do my own research. Then I decide if I want something or not. I take more stock in the opinions of people I know in real life, or people who I know online well.

Those same reviewers are making an effort to spread awareness of the FDA stuff through their videos. If someone is going to buy an RBA based on what RipTrippers or SuckMyMod says, wouldn't they also take action with CAASA or other organizations when they are told to by the same people?
    ProVari~Vapor Shark~IBTanked + ΣΟΦΙΑ~Kayfun~Igo-w

Become a Member of
    CASAA

11-22-12

I'm not sure about that. Kanger products and the Aspire Nautilus have gotten great reviews, but with trying those products, the reviews are now mixed. But at the outset, it may be advantageous to give an ear to some reviewers who are passionate about vaping themselves, because from much experience they know, broadly speaking, what works well and what doesn't.
    EleanorR, Kabooma and DetraMental like this.

E-Cig Afficionado Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The reviewers aren't to blame the mod makers in a way are.

These devices are NOT mass produced like a Provari or an Innokin VTR. These devices are sold at very high prices, mass producing them brings DOWN the cost which is bad for the mod maker. They already know they can't win in the mass market and compete with the big boys so hey go for the collector's market and make things that are "rare".
    Midniteoyl likes this.

A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves.

Just another conspiracy theory....oh boy!
    ProVari x5, Hana V3 DNA30, VaporShark DNA30, 4nine copper, King V2, Nemesis SS & Brass, Stingray Brass & Red Copper, Panzer SS & Blackhawk, Kayfun, Taifun GT, Aqua, Stillare, TOBH, Quasar, Helios, Patriot,Magma, Atomic, ZenithV2

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Never watch reviews until I have something that they are reviewing...

Super Member Verified Member

A lot of reviewers get requests on things to review... Meaning there's already interest out there in a product that someone wants an opinion on. They ask people that are more seasoned than themselves for their opinion... I don't see the flaw in this.

The op should take it upon himself to either buy products that have never been reviewed....or, only buy products that have received negative reviews. Obviously. these products are made by companies that RIP and the boys decided will not make it...probably for personal reasons. Nevertheless, I'm sure they are outstanding products built and sold by jerks.

I'm glad to hear opinions on this topic. It was just something I was thinking about because rip just put up a review on the Manhattan and people are already rushing to buy them up, even though they've been out for a good while now. Like I said I don't blame the reviewers at all. It's a good move on the modders behalf to send them products. I just hate the way people are today and don't want to see this community go down the tubes. I don't want it to become like everything else, as long as it stays small and within the hands of the people who love it the community will continue to advance and thrive but as soon as larger corporations notice there is a profit to be made it will ruin everything.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Virtual Realist likes this.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast