Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Becoming a distributor?

Smile Becoming a distributor?

Or creating my own site?

I'm curious as to the steps suppliers took to start their internet business with E-Cigs. I've been researching on the net, but it's really hard to judge who is legit or not.

I've also been researching about how to go about starting my own internet business for quite sometime now. All that I lacked was an idea of what I would sell. Now that I've begun vaping and spreading the word about my own e-cig experience, I feel that I've found my idea. I've already gotten many close friends and relatives to switch over, and that was without really trying. It made me realize that there is a rather large market available for these e-cigs.

I want to do this right, and I want to make sure that I am a great representative for the product. I also know that starting my own business is a large (and scary!) step. That's why I'm so hesitatant!

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there that would be willing to give me some advice as to where on earth to start? Did you set your sites up first? Or did you buy your product first? How the heck did you pick where to buy the product?

I'm excited, and ready to work my hands to the bone for this, I just don't know where to direct my energy.

On another note, I was considering talking to some of the current folks out there that already have their businesses going, to see if maybe they'd be interested in branching out to San Diego. Maybe set something up so that I was kind of a co-distributor? I don't know if that would even make sense.

I guess right now, you can consider me curious. I see the potential, I just don't know how to go about harvesting it into something good.

Am I crazy? Is there anyone out there willing to "take me under their wing" so to speak?

thanks in advance.

Alicia

2. Advertisement

Thumbs up You came to the right place!

As far as the info you are looking for, you came to the right place! There are tons of threads in this forum that will point you in the right direction. I am a consumer, so take my advice for what it is worth. Do your best to keep a modest profile and don't sell your gear/liquid as anything else but a "Smoking Alternative". Do your best to provide quality gear without going crazy on profit margin. CaSHMeRe (a supplier on this forum) is a good model for what the consumer is looking for. We are always in need of a quality source, so I wish you luck in your endevor!

4. Advertisement
    Inactive Supplier ECF Veteran

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

There were some members who PMed me when they wanted to start selling ecigs. Not because i sell them myself but because of my experience working in china and also the research i've done on ecig manufacturers.

i'm a fan of smoore products so no surprise where i directed them to. If puresmoker carries their products, nuff said. You can contact [email protected] to get people who speak good english to assist you. I already know that some members have placed bulk orders with them and I am waiting for my freebies from them
    Last edited by Fedor; 02-08-2009 at 02:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Super Member ECF Veteran

I got a website before i bought inventory. This is in part because i already had websites and a virtual dedicated server. I was lucky and found a good supplier quickly.

You have to reamember if your seriouse you will need to get your articles of organization from the secratary of state. You will also probably need to set up an LLC and get a tax id number. Reamember you are going to have to deal with customs at some point.

Your first step should be a business plan. Also you are going to need to figure out where your going to get money to start.

Feel free to e-mailme if you want, i dont want to post my email here due to "spam bots". just go to my website and click contact. Hope this helps.

PS. You could also start by joinning affiliate programs of good suppliers then make a simple information website with your affiliate link's to make commision of the sale. I run several poker related sites and make money buy selling other peoples products, and one of my own.
    Last edited by NathanS; 02-08-2009 at 07:39 AM.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I just want to take a moment to thank the suppliers that are willing to help others with a similar interest. A good business person knows that competition is key in building strength in their chosen industry. You've got my respect.

They definitely got my respect , I admire people who are big help for others to stand on their feet , You guys add a new customer to your list, I am sure we will see that day some of these guys make a chain helping each other and keep their inventory low and help each other when is needed and cover more areas.

Thank you everyone! SO MUCH! I've got so many people to email now! Thank you!!

I may not get back to you VERY soon, but I will eventually. I'm doing some research right now, and figuring out what I need to do as far as licensing and such goes, but I'll definately be getting advise from everyone who offers it!!!

Thanks again!!

Has anyone had any luck with customs? Does anyone know the process for receiving orders from China?

Canadian Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

My biggest pitfall in setting one up myself is the damn software to create my own e-commerce site, and to do one clean and proper.

Its tough not being techi enough to figure this stuff out, even the WYSIWYG software is not without its shortcomings.

Anyone succesfully using a wywiwyg program with zero html experience out there ??

I've got supplier contacts who are interested.
    I've got a huge virgin country market zone.
    I have tons of data and able to market these without resorting to making false claims.
    I also have the integrity to only sell what I've personally tested, use, and enjoy using.
    And, I certainly have the desire and time to do it.

But I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $2500 to $15000++ to someone for creating a website for me..... thats for sure !!!

So if I can't do it right, impressive, and legit in the first place, I'd rather not do it all !

VapeOn,
    Greg
    Last edited by smokum; 02-11-2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason: forgot spellcheck, lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast