Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me pick best domain name please

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran SMILIN's Avatar

Default Help me pick best domain name please

I am working with my IT people, on new website. It will be ready in a few weeks. I am having a hard time deciding on a domain name. I would love some opinions, please. Here are some of what I own already....please tell me which you like best.

Vapor4life
    vape4life
    vapeforlife
    vape-on
    vapeup
    vaporgirl
    vaporguy
    vapor1
    no-bacco
    nubacco
    no-sigs
    no-sig
    smilinsmokeless
    smilinsmokers

Your input is greatly appreciated, as I am having hard time making this decision. I wanna make it fun, and meaningful.

Thanks in advance

God luck in your journey

Steve

I actually work as an account manager at a domain name provider. I would say that your best bet is to take the name of your product as well as any nicknames for the product and put it into a domain name. Always get the .com, .net, and .org so competition or paid parking does not take it. Vaporforlife sounds good to me. Sounds catchy.
    Last edited by CrystalLakeDave; 03-05-2009 at 04:42 PM. Reason: messed up

Super Member ECF Veteran Bulldog44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SMILIN View Post
    I am working with my IT people, on new website. It will be ready in a few weeks. I am having a hard time deciding on a domain name. I would love some opinions, please. Here are some of what I own already....please tell me which you like best.

Vapor4life
    vape4life
    vapeforlife
    vape-on
    vapeup
    vaporgirl
    vaporguy
    vapor1
    no-bacco
    nubacco
    no-sigs
    no-sig
    smilinsmokeless
    smilinsmokers

Your input is greatly appreciated, as I am having hard time making this decision. I wanna make it fun, and meaningful.

Thanks in advance

God luck in your journey

Steve

I vote for vaporforlife and sync it and vapor4life together.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Houdini's Avatar

HolyVapor (instead of Holy Smoke)
    SmokelessSmoke
    Tokensmokeless
    Vaperator
    Vaporalarm
    Smokeinabottle

if nobacco (without the hyphen) is available I think that's a great one, easy to remember and catchy

I don't like vapor for life because when someone is telling someone else about the site and is like "yo, check out vapor4life" they are not going to know if its vapor for life or vapor 4 life

I think the simpler, the easier to remember (not like vapor4life is hard to remember or anything), but you catch my drift

Smile All About Domain Names

Hi Steve,

how are ya?

I am in the business of buying and selling domain names and in my honest opinion I would go with the domain name vapeforlife.com. My reason being that numbers and letters to people are confusing. Imagine trying to tell someone over the phone to visit your website and then having to clarify with them that the word "for" is actually the number "4." Easy to pronounce domain names with the correct spelling is easy to give to someone over the phone.

Hyphens in domain names are also NOT the best thing as it GREATLY confuses people. The reason I believe (though I'm not 100% certain) that people use hyphens is because search engines count each word as separate. For example. If someone were to Google search "new cars" and you own the domain name "new-cars.com" you will show up on top of Google. Google counts hyphenated words as 2 seperate words which is why some people prefer an hyphenated domain name.

In case you are interested (and I am NOT trying to sound like a salesman, lol) I have the 2 domain names www.cig.info and www.artificialsmoke.com for sale which would be the PERFECT domain name for an electronic cigarette site.

If you would like to learn a little more about domain names you can visit my blog www.domainer.me

Please Note: Since I have been VERY busy lately with some other projects, it's been a while since I have last updated my blog with some new and relevant content.

I hope that my info helps.
    Last edited by kalmakazee; 03-05-2009 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Updated Info.
    ElectronicVaping.com For Sale and Cig.info For Sale

Please pm me your BEST offer. Thank you!
    :)

Thanks for the reply's so far, I wish I could get vaporforlife, but, it was not available, unless one of you have it for sale reasonably. Thus vapor4life, I do have vapeforlife, though.

Appreciate the suggestions, and welcome them all

Thanks for the input, especially the hyphen info. Never new that. Can you get me vaporforlife? PM so so we can talk.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by kalmakazee View Post
    Hi Steve,

how are ya?

I am in the business of buying and selling domain names and in my honest opinion I would go with the domain name vapeforlife.com. My reason being that numbers and letters to people are confusing. Imagine trying to tell someone over the phone to visit your website and then having to clarify with them that the word "for" is actually the number "4." Easy to pronounce domain names with the correct spelling is easy to give to someone over the phone.

Hyphens in domain names are also NOT the best thing as it GREATLY confuses people. The reason I believe (though I'm not 100% certain) that people use hyphens is because search engines count each word as separate. For example. If someone were to Google search "new cars" and you own the domain name "new-cars.com" you will show up on top of Google. Google counts hyphenated words as 2 seperate words which is why some people prefer an hyphenated domain name.

In case you are interested (and I am NOT trying to sound like a salesman, lol) I have the 2 domain names www.cig.info and www.artificialsmoke.com for sale which would be the PERFECT domain name for an electronic cigarette site.

If you would like to learn a little more about domain names you can visit my blog www.domainer.me

Please Note: Since I have been VERY busy lately with some other projects, it's been a while since I have last updated my blog with some new and relevant content.

I hope that my info helps.

Ultra Member

How about just 'Vaporlife' ? it's simple, easy to remember and easy to spell.

Much easier then the one I'm working on-

" Thegrandorderofthewholytechnofoggersassosiationlim ited" catchy eh?

ECF Guru

I like Vapeup as there is no confusion over wheather you spell out 4 or four unless you are going to link them. As for hypens, the same holds true---Sun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast