Longest lasting atomizer
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Longest lasting atomizer

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Default Longest lasting atomizer

I am interested in knowing what brand of atomizer seems to consistantly last a long time. Cleaning seems to help the lifespan so if that was done tell me about that too. Thanks!

Lorddrek

i,ve got lucky with one of mine, it's working still from november 2007.
    A penstyle Sedansa

Ultra Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lorddrek View Post
    I am interested in knowing what brand of atomizer seems to consistantly last a long time. Cleaning seems to help the lifespan so if that was done tell me about that too. Thanks!

Lorddrek
    I think what type or make of atomizers last longest wouldmake an interesting poll.......can someone set one up??

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by carol View Post
    i,ve got lucky with one of mine, it's working still from november 2007.
    A penstyle Sedansa

2007 carol? wow.
    how often do you use it?
    about how much liquid per week on average?

Well to be honnest it was my first and smoked it for about 2 months daily, then i started collecting many many more e-cigs.

My very first black 901's still kickin strong (bought it 08/08) it looks like crap though.. it's supposed to be black but it's looking more.. sick.. lol the paint doesn't hold up well with me apparently.. but both of my blue atomizers I bought back in..idk.. January I guess it was.. have crapped out on me in the last week I think it may just be luck of the draw... though I am interested how Carol's gotten one to stay alive for over a year..

Banned ECF Veteran

gotten one to stay alive for over a year
    its easy.. you pop it on shelf and use something else.. i have loads that have lasted me for ages doing this.. still as good as new.. amazing aint it... he he

trog

Keep your atomizer wet with juice and it will last as long as possible. If you vape it dry even for a little bit crap with crustify on the heating coil. If you keep your carts topped up with juice after every vape this helps. I don't usually drip unless it has run dry on me.

There are many ideas on cleaning but I simply immerse in a saucepan with boiling water and white vinegar for a half hour once a week. make sure it is dry before using then drip some juice in and let it soak in with a fresh cart, shorting out an atomizer will kill it and your battery.

If it dies completely then my feeling is that its has burnt out the coil but others tell me that a soaking in some chemical may resurrect it. If it has just stopped working well then here is my method.

step1: boil in water and vinegar.

step2: soak in caustic soda and hot water, this will attack the organic and carbon deposits on your coil.

Step3: rinse in boiling water

step4: soak in descaling liquid and water (phosphoric acid). This will break away salt deposits and strip away the surface tarnish on the metal giving better battery contact as well.

step5: final boiling water rise.

If this doesn't help then I'm not sure what else will

Ultra Member* ECF Veteran
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

The 'long lasting' atomizer is a myth, and it hangs out with the Loch Ness monster, the Great White Buffalo, Bigfoot, and Elvis.

There is no quality control or standards... two seemingly identical atomizers can (and often do) have radically different life spans.

ECF Guru

Post Now There Is A True Statement

Quote Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
    The 'long lasting' atomizer is a myth, and it hangs out with the Loch Ness monster, the Great White Buffalo, Bigfoot, and Elvis.

There is no quality control or standards... two seemingly identical atomizers can (and often do) have radically different life spans.
    Walrus--that is as true a statement as it gets. Some are duds out of the box, some last a day, some a week, others longer. The quality control is just not there. ---Sun

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast