Are E-cigs bad for you?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are E-cigs bad for you?

Super Member Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

Default Are E-cigs bad for you?

What do you guys have to say about this question? I tried writing the most honest answer I could think of which was both yes and no... it depends upon the situation. check out my article here:
    Are E-Cigs bad for you? | eCigology
    And please give me your feedback. Let me know if I made any mistakes too, as always.

PV Master ECF Veteran

I'd say it's less bad than smoking but more bad than just breathing clean air. But where do you find clean air anymore?

I hate to say this, but I think you should pull this and work on it more...I think you are confusing Diethylene glycol with Propylene glycol. Further, there are several grammatical mistakes that make it look a little sloppy. However, I will be more than willing to help you with it. Just send me a PM.

Senior Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Agree, needs to pull it for incorrect information. Sorry...

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

"E cigs contain up to 7 or 8 chemicals give or take, depending on what juice you buy. Some more, some less… some a lot less if its straight propylene glycol or vegetable glycol, then its just 1."

Completely incorrect, sir! Where did you get 7 or 8 chemicals? My juice only contains flavoring, 1.8% nicotine, PG and VG. If you want to get really technical (as in nit-picky) then what I'm vaping now contains seven ingredients; four different flavorings, nicotine, PG and VG. If I only have one flavoring in there, then that is going to bring the number down to four. Using either 100% PG or 100% VG will bring it down to three. I wouldn't exactly classify flavoring as a chemical. People get put off when you mention putting chemicals in your body, so I avoid using the term when telling others about my PV.

We can assume at this point that PV's are safer than cigarettes, but there still needs to be more real research done for us to be able to say that conclusively. Right now the only things we know are that no one has died from using a PV, and that the vast majority of us feel that our health has improved since making the switch.

I say you need to pull your article, improve your grammar and do a little more research.
    Last edited by WomanOfHeart; 12-12-2010 at 11:09 PM.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I agree, you should pull it and do more research. It would also help not sounding so crass....no need to swear or insult in an article that's suppose to be informative.

PV Master Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran

If you want good reference material for an article like this, you could check out CASAA's 8 Biggest Electronic Cigarette Myths

Also this might help in your research, too: Are Electronic Cigarettes Safe?
    Last edited by kristin; 12-13-2010 at 12:29 AM.

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by WomanOfHeart View Post
    My juice only contains flavoring, 1.8% nicotine, PG and VG. If you want to get really technical (as in nit-picky) then what I'm vaping now contains seven ingredients; four different flavorings, nicotine, PG and VG. If I only have one flavoring in there, then that is going to bring the number down to four. I wouldn't exactly classify flavoring as a chemical. People get put off when you mention putting chemicals in your body, so I avoid using the term when telling others about my PV.
    If you want to REALLY get techical, each flavoring contains many chemicals.

And almost none of them have been studied for inhalation safety.
    Basically, it is the chemicals in the flavorings that are the main concern in this whole equation.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Nice web site. I bookmarked it to see how it progresses.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DC2 View Post
    If you want to REALLY get techical, each flavoring contains many chemicals.

And almost none of them have been studied for inhalation safety.
    Basically, it is the chemicals in the flavorings that are the main concern in this whole equation.
    True, but I really wouldn't want to try and explain that to someone in that great of detail. Vaping is overwhelming enough for people and I don't see any sense in making it that much less appealing.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast