VV Ali'i vs. Reo Grand/Mini
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VV Ali'i vs. Reo Grand/Mini

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default VV Ali'i vs. Reo Grand/Mini

I'm edging towards the VV Ali'i because its VV, but its harder and a longer wait to get, and it would make my LR attys useless. Plus metal case is more durable than wood obviously.

But, with neither in my possession, I have no idea how they vape. While both have gotten great reviews so far, I know people who have both have their favorite between the two. I guess I'm hoping for a heated discussion between the two...

Aiden

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Are you going to take it out of the house? Get a REO. I have a Mini and a Grand and like them both but for an all around vape, get the Grand. 6ml and 18650, good to go! I wouldnt even be concerned about dropping this thing from a balcony, I think it would still work. Plus, its all mechanical. If you want a VV for home, buy a Provari. More REO Grands go on sale on Saturday, get one and you can be vaping by Wednesday. Just this man's opinion.

Super Member ECF Veteran

So no Ali'i at all? why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by drum747 View Post
    Are you going to take it out of the house? Get a REO. I have a Mini and a Grand and like them both but for an all around vape, get the Grand. 6ml and 18650, good to go! I wouldnt even be concerned about dropping this thing from a balcony, I think it would still work. Plus, its all mechanical. If you want a VV for home, buy a Provari. More REO Grands go on sale on Saturday, get one and you can be vaping by Wednesday. Just this man's opinion.

Super Member ECF Veteran emanguba's Avatar

Here's a really spiffy review of 3 of the bottom feeders: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ande-alii.html
    You remind me of Pokemon, can I Pikachu?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Yeah I've read that review multiple time. Because of the learning curve, I've eliminated the feedimus from my options. Tryingto pick between the roe and Ali'i. I love the VV option, but worry about the price, the waiting time, and the durability. But I love high voltage; while my prodigy was still working i was in love. So I don't know what to do, and have to make a decision soon as the grand's go on sale tomorrow.

HELP!!!

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I Have had all the PV's you have listed.

My go to is the REO Grand. it can be ran at 6v easy using a standard atty. I use it at 3.7 with a Cisco LR306 1.5 and its as good as any 5v mod I have found. The good Flavor Good.

The Grand is much more durable.

The Ali'i is a good PV. the VV cool but I found once set I never changed it. battery life was not as good and durability not so good. Never dropped it mind you but was always afraid I would

the Grand is all mechanical well built and should last a life time if cared for.

Just my 2c hope it helps
    Knight in the Brotherhood of the “Holy Mod Trinity”
    Analog free since March, 2010
    REO Grand #1, Wood REO, REO Mini, Supper Mini, REO Woodvil, VVW, VVG
    VV Mods: Buzz, BP & Infinity, VVPV
    Avejuice.com Havana Gold and BF-RBA, ERA, Challis

Senior Member ECF Veteran CardinalWinds's Avatar

I've been vaping for awhile now, and I have 510's, 3.7V mods, 5V mods and 6V mods, but never a feeder mod. I've been happy with what I have but have been toying with the idea of a feeder mod for about two months now. Are they really as reliable and consistent as I've read? Are there any issues with leaking at all?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Is there some sort of restriction on juices for the Reo mods? I read somewhere you need some sort of tube if you want to vape purely PG juices. T/F for the Grand? I usually vape 80/20 PG/VG and I was hoping that I wouldn't have to deal with any issues.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

There is no restriction on juice for the Grand. Rob includes a small reducer tube just in case you experience auto feeding. Its rare and will totally depend on the viscosity of the juice. The few times I heard about it, it was with near 100% PG but have only seen a few cases of this.

your 80/20 should run just fine.

Hope that helps.
    Knight in the Brotherhood of the “Holy Mod Trinity”
    Analog free since March, 2010
    REO Grand #1, Wood REO, REO Mini, Supper Mini, REO Woodvil, VVW, VVG
    VV Mods: Buzz, BP & Infinity, VVPV
    Avejuice.com Havana Gold and BF-RBA, ERA, Challis

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MXBNW View Post
    There is no restriction on juice for the Grand. Rob includes a small reducer tube just in case you experience auto feeding. Its rare and will totally depend on the viscosity of the juice. The few times I heard about it, it was with near 100% PG but have only seen a few cases of this.

your 80/20 should run just fine.

Hope that helps.
    Alright, as long as its easy to install i'm down. I do have a couple 100% PG juices I'd hate to have to thicken up, but I'll make it work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast