How much liquid is a cartomizer supposed to hold?

Thread: How much liquid is a cartomizer supposed to hold?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default How much liquid is a cartomizer supposed to hold?

I just got some 510 cartos from FSUSA. They were a little different than the others I've seen. I had to pop off the bottom cap first and there was another one inside it I had to pop off. when I got both of them off there was a little opening which I assumed was to put the liquid in. I was only able to get 6 or 7 drops in it until it started dripping out the bottom. Did I do this right? I mean its working but I was hoping to get more in there

PV Master ECF Veteran

Do you have a link to the type that you purchased? There are various types, and you may have the type that needs to be filled with a syringe.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

In Boge, Sailebao, & Kanger cartos I tend to stick to about 20 to 25 drops. Don't want to waste juice and I find that if I go over that I end up with a leaking cartomizer.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Those are Joye cartomizers. They hold 1ml of juice and they require an 18ga needle and syringe to fill.

1ml Syringe @ FreedomSmokeUSA

18ga Blunt Needle @ FreedomSmokeUSA

PV Master ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by withravenoushunger View Post
    "To fill, remove to the two plastic top caps, and pierce the filling port with something sharp.
    These cartomizers require a needle size 18ga or smaller (larger numbers = smaller gauge) to fill. They hold 1ml."

Yep, these are the type I was thinking of. I haven't used this type, but I'm sure there are others who will be able to answer this shortly. Syringes and needles are cheap enough through many suppliers, but I think there is another way that I've read.