HELP !! Night Sweats and insomnia.... 5 weeks now ! :(
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: HELP !! Night Sweats and insomnia.... 5 weeks now ! :(

Default HELP !! Night Sweats and insomnia.... 5 weeks now ! :(

Good news:
    I quit smoking 5 weeks ago, have a EGO T, luuuuuuuuuuuuuv it ! Have found my daily vape, few of them actually and I am in love with vaping...have not had one drag since I got my Ego.

Bad news:
    I have not slept a full night in 5 weeks. I am miserable and exhausted and have almost gotten into 2 car accidents in the past couple of days from not paying attention and being tired. Before I quit smoking I would go to bed each night at 9pm and get up at 5am, always on schedule, never drank caffeine etc... I have a good bedtime routine and I am not a night owl.
    I have been waking up sweating 3-4 x each night, I used to sleep straight through 8hr not moving, now I am up and last night it was 12:30am, 2am, 4am, finally at 5am my alarm went off....UGH

I am vaping a low PG juice, I started at 24mg and am down to 12-14mg juice now. I don't feel like I am nic fitting and that is what is disrupting my sleep at all as I vape it all day and I am quite satisfied with the lower nic level.

I am 40yrs old, technically too young for menopause, but it sure a heck feels like it !!

Open to any thoughts, suggestions etc.... ready to get a pack of smokes just for one week to see if that makes a difference

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Try 0 nic at night. It sounds like withdrawal to me. If nothing else, talk to your doctor and see if you could get a light sleep aide. I hate taking anything but sometimes you need to.
    MOD HOARDER

ECF Administrator
    Social Groups Manager
    Reviewer/Blogger Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'd say see a doctor. Not something I've ever heard attached to vaping... but I understand your pain I have sleep apnea.

Would "0" nic not make me withdrawal even more though ? I used to smoke right up until I went to bed... what would be the difference ?
    I would think that having no nicotine would actually make me wake up constantly from that... I used to wake up a lot when I would quit cold turkey, could not sleep for many nights.
    I am willing to try it though, just wondering your reasoning behind it ???

Digital Gypsy Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It may be A) that you're still getting more nicotine than your body is used to at night; try cutting your nic down to the lowest point you can without wanting to chain vape all night right after dinner. B) You're still detoxing; everyone has different rates at which they get rid of all the cigarette toxins. C) Your body isn't used to all the increased blood circulation; try using a lighter blanket or maybe a fan/crank down the heat at night. Iirc, it took me about 3 months to get used to having normal circulation, which included no longer having cold hands and feet! Or D) something totally unrelated to vaping.

You mentioned that you thought you were too young for menopause, I started into peri-menopause around 40 and 4 years later I'm still in it. Some weeks I'm perfectly fine and some I'm running around in a tank top with snow on the ground. From what I've read it can actually last anywhere from 4 to 10 years, though a few women will only go through a couple of months, before actual menopause begins. As others have mentioned, a trip to the doctor can't hurt, and you might ask them to check your hormone levels if they don't find anything else amiss.

ECF Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Yes seeing doctor is a must! Quitting smoking lowers estrogen levels.
    Women in the pre-menopause years are more and more finding themselves experiencing symptoms of chronic insomnia, hot flashes, night sweats, migraine headaches, anxiety, fatigue and depression. Uzzi Reiss, M.D., author of Natural Hormone Balance for Women, says: "Some of the above reactions occur nearly simultaneously whenever the level of estrogen falls."

Age is not the only factor for menopause or pre-menopause, I'm 35 my mom 51 and we both are traveling down this road together. Quitting smoking may have triggered the start of menopause for you, Have a doctor look into it.

My thought you're not getting enough nic throughout the day. You may be "weaning" yourself too quickly. Try vaping 24 in the morn and lowering it slowly through the day to a 6-8 mg by 6pm and not vaping at all one hour before you lay down for the night.
    Last edited by Adrena; 03-16-2011 at 02:35 PM.
    ͼწͽ.☆.`**.☆.`**. ☆ (⋗წ⋖) ☆ .**`.☆.**`.☆.ͼწͽ

Quote Originally Posted by StormFinch View Post
    It may be A) that you're still getting more nicotine than your body is used to at night; try cutting your nic down to the lowest point you can without wanting to chain vape all night right after dinner. B) You're still detoxing; everyone has different rates at which they get rid of all the cigarette toxins. C) Your body isn't used to all the increased blood circulation; try using a lighter blanket or maybe a fan/crank down the heat at night. Iirc, it took me about 3 months to get used to having normal circulation, which included no longer having cold hands and feet! Or D) something totally unrelated to vaping.

You mentioned that you thought you were too young for menopause, I started into peri-menopause around 40 and 4 years later I'm still in it. Some weeks I'm perfectly fine and some I'm running around in a tank top with snow on the ground. From what I've read it can actually last anywhere from 4 to 10 years, though a few women will only go through a couple of months, before actual menopause begins. As others have mentioned, a trip to the doctor can't hurt, and you might ask them to check your hormone levels if they don't find anything else amiss.
    Well I can try using "0" nic juice in the evenings but I am sure that will put me into a nic fit and make it impossible to sleep because of that, when I have quite cold turkey in the past I wake up constantly with startled heartbeats .....

I sleep in a cool dark room each night with a fan on me. The reason I don't think it's early menopause is because this has only started since I quit. however maybe the quit triggered the menopause... who knows lol

I have absolutely no problem falling asleep at night, then a couple hours later I wake up in a hot sweat, then need to use the bathroom, then come back to bed, cover up with just a light sheet, right back to sleep, wake up about 15 min later, now cold, cover up with my duvet and then a hour later wake up again covered in sweat and repeat that whole process..

Drinking lots of water is NOT helping either, but it needs to be done in the evenings before bedtime because I am vaping then and get thirsty....

Super Member ECF Veteran

I had about the same issue. With experimenting by lowering the nic in the evening and also vaping 50/50 PG/VG helped bit time. Don't know if it was a placebo effect but whatever, it worked.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I'm not a woman so I can't comment on menopause. But I've had major trouble sleeping and I've had some pretty starnge dreams since I started vaping.

I am NOT suggesting that you don't need to see a doctor but you should also consider the amount of nicotine you are ingesting. Even at 12-14 mg, if your vaping all day long, you are getting way more nicotine than if you smoked a pack of cigarettes. I am amazed at some of the folks that chain vape 36mg all day and then talk about increasing. Not good at all. That is the kinda stuff the FDA/Gov't will be looking at.

I'm also concerned that many sites will default to 36mg when you order. It implies that that level is just fine and dandy for everyone. It's not. Many kits ship with 24mg, also too high to be sending out to someone just starting. Let people choose where they want to start I say.

Just my 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by Plooker View Post
    I'm not a woman so I can't comment on menopause. But I've had major trouble sleeping and I've had some pretty starnge dreams since I started vaping.

I am NOT suggesting that you don't need to see a doctor but you should also consider the amount of nicotine you are ingesting. Even at 12-14 mg, if your vaping all day long, you are getting way more nicotine than if you smoked a pack of cigarettes. I am amazed at some of the folks that chain vape 36mg all day and then talk about increasing. Not good at all. That is the kinda stuff the FDA/Gov't will be looking at.

I'm also concerned that many sites will default to 36mg when you order. It implies that that level is just fine and dandy for everyone. It's not. Many kits ship with 24mg, also too high to be sending out to someone just starting. Let people choose where they want to start I say.

Just my 2 cents...

Really ??? I didn't know that smoking at 12/14mg was higher than smoking a pack a day ?? I figured it was like the patch when you are stepping down.... and it was more like half a pack, 21-24mg being closer to a whole pack each day

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast