Publicly traded (US) stocks of ecig companies
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TNT

Thread: Publicly traded (US) stocks of ecig companies

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Default Publicly traded (US) stocks of ecig companies

Anyone have a list of ecig companies and anything ecig related that are publicly traded in the US? Thanks!

Super Member ECF Veteran

This might get you started:

DRAGONITE INTERNATIONAL LTD (329:HK): Stock Quote & Company Profile - BusinessWeek

Ruyan, one of the bigger ECig manufacturers changed its name to Dragonite in the last year. The stock is sitting around all-time lows. So in case you thought you missed investing in this "great" industry, it appears that you really avoided losing a bundle !

TNT
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Now's not the time to invest. I'm convinced e-cigs have huge potential and, in the fullness of time, many people will make a lot of money off them. That time will come, but it is not now.

The e-cig world is kind of like the computer business of the early '80s. At that point, everybody knew computers were going to get pretty big and every investor wanted in. And a lot of people made fortunes off of relatively small investments. Many more investors watched their money disappear.... "I really thought the Coleco Adam was going to be a winner." "The Mattel Intellivision/Aquarius... you know a company like that is going to make it." "Atari is making zillions... it can't do anything but get better."

Of course, the opposite is true... I think it was the movie "Forrest Gump" where Gump narrates something like, "My friend had an idea to invest a few dollars in an orchard or something..." and the movie shows him opening mail from Apple computer. [Edit: actually the phrase was ''some kind of fruit company," and, as many pointed out at the time the movie was made, early investors in Apple didn't do very well... although now in 2011, they seem to have made out okay.]

My point again... people are going to make serious money from e-cigs. Many more are going to lose.
    Last edited by TNT; 04-25-2011 at 04:42 AM.
    texastumbleweed likes this.