Voltage / Resistance / Wattage Discussion - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Voltage / Resistance / Wattage Discussion

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I haven't gotten into VV yet. It's on the way though. The most logical argument I've seen for the higher resistance atomizers at HV is that you have more coils to make more resistance. So, you get the same energy spread over a wider area and it provides a smoother more flavorful hit. I can't say whether that's true or not. Give me a couple weeks.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran BuzzKill's Avatar

Flavor of juices VARY from juice to juice , so no one wattage will make a juice taste BEST , this is where VV ( variable voltage ) comes onto play , you can TUNE to the juice, flavor and TH .

Senior Member ECF Veteran atomizer mizer's Avatar

That's a lot easier than changing the resistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzKill View Post
    Flavor of juices VARY from juice to juice , so no one wattage will make a juice taste BEST , this is where VV ( variable voltage ) comes onto play , you can TUNE to the juice, flavor and TH .

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by atomizer mizer View Post
    This chart can take into consideration the individual users preferences if he\she knows what power level is best for the juice they are vaping. I made this yesterday. Hope it can help someone.
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...esistance.html
    Very nice! This is the type of info I was eluding to. And even though taste is subjective I still think some "generic guidlines" might be able to be pieced together from our collective experiences and these types of data...such as what garyinco posted about "tobaccos at 7 watts and fruity / lighter flavors at 6.5 watts or lower". A VV box mod build is in store for me next week...assuming I can find my old soldering iron. Speaking of which, has anyone looked at this adjustable voltage regulator unit for mods?: Adjustable step down switching voltage regulator

It sounds great for ease of build...only problem is that output is only 1A. Thoughts? (sorry if this has been discussed...and for adding off-topic)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12