Shopping For A Mod (Provari) & Backup (???) That use the same battery type. - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Shopping For A Mod (Provari) & Backup (???) That use the same battery type.

PV Masher Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'd forget about 18490 and get the 18650 extension... longer lasting, and easier to find a pv that fits batts.

there are many li-ion 18650's. so you'll be better getting button tops ..or better yet stick with recommended IMR's.

provari is easier to use than darwin imo... and the customer service on both are equal imo, and the warranties.

i've had both. the darwin can take you to higher voltage vaping than the vari, (might service LR's too, not sure) but for 2 to 4.5 Ohm the vari hits the large spectrum.

some little glitches in darwin design (no drip well, button hard to press, leaks onto the dial) is a small price to pay for the extra watt range, but for a state of the art, easy to use, reliable regulated power VV, Provari's my choice.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I love my provari too. The all black with extended cap + i just bought some special edition caps for the 18490's. I throw the map-tank on top and just vape all day with pure happiness.

Quit smoking: 2-18-2011

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Took the plunge and offered to buy a barely opened and used Darwin here on ECF, so provided that deal works out I'm set. These seem kind of hard to come by so I'm jumping on it while I can. Seller states he's using the money get a second ProVari.

I'm a big Stock CE2 fan more so than dripping (fill a hand full of the metal ones with different flavors and strengths and just pull one from the bundle...refill them all once or twice a week).

What the heck right? If I don't like it it shouldn't be hard to trade or sell. I might treat myself to a Provari in a few months as well, but I liked that this is plug and play with the laptop type battery wired in (my house is cluttered with e-junk as it is)....and can serve as a kind of regulated passthrough as well.

Thanks to all for the heads up on the 18xx0 battery. I'll keep that in mind for sure on a possible back-up PV.
    Last edited by Credo; 04-28-2011 at 10:50 PM.

ECF Veteran

I hope you enjoy! Only reason i didn't buy a Darwin was the over dripping.. not having a drip cup etc. I do own a bunch of goose necks so that really shouldn't be a problem but I also already bought the Provari. The VV part of these mods are great and I love checking the resistance on the fly.. anyways you will be happy.. if not you could easily sell it.

Quit smoking: 2-18-2011

Resting In Peace ECF Veteran PKZap27's Avatar

I have not read this whole thread, however IMHO the only backup PV I would consider for the ProVari is another ProVari!

Analog Free Since 01/21/2011 1st E-Cig: KR808D 2nd: eGo, LR 510 Atty & DT 3rd: eGo-T & LR T-Atty 4th: Black ProVari, Hybrid Tank using a MAP Tank & GP-SSR w/3.2 Ohm CE2 @ 4.5V

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Last edited by alldayvape; 04-28-2011 at 11:36 PM.

Owned: eGo-T, Reo Grand+Mini, ProVari, Darwin, VV Splash Mini, Silver Bullet, Apex Alpha Ultra w/ RES, Phidias, Infinity, 3VO VV and 510N
    Own: My Point, Semovar V3, Sirius II, Temon 14650, ProVari Mini VV, Vamo V5, VOLT, MadVapes VV Box, and Vapemate

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by silentt View Post
    I hope you enjoy! Only reason i didn't buy a Darwin was the over dripping.. not having a drip cup etc. I do own a bunch of goose necks so that really shouldn't be a problem but I also already bought the Provari. The VV part of these mods are great and I love checking the resistance on the fly.. anyways you will be happy.. if not you could easily sell it.
    Are goose necks hard to find pre-made? I haven't noticed them popping up in my e-cig shopping of late.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Are goose necks hard to find pre-made? I haven't noticed them popping up in my e-cig shopping of late.
    https://www.ttteliquids.com/Shop/ind...ewCat&catId=15

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Had my provari for a long time now, always love it, and always will. Bought a darwin, just because of all the hype, sold it after a few weeks, it was too delicate, juice goes inside the unit, and a waste money. Used that money to buy me a 2nd provari (Chrome).

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Stownz View Post
    Had my provari for a long time now, always love it, and always will. Bought a darwin, just because of all the hype, sold it after a few weeks, it was too delicate, juice goes inside the unit, and a waste money. Used that money to buy me a 2nd provari (Chrome).
    That's what is great about vaping....personal preference is the key......if it is a ProVari, great, if its a Darwin, thats great also....vape on.......

As I said, the Vari is a good mod but your statement about the Darwin being a waste of money is incorrect and "slamming the Darwin" does not make the Vari any better, just says you like the Vari better.....

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast