How many volts is a standard 510 batt?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many volts is a standard 510 batt?

Default How many volts is a standard 510 batt?

How many volts is a standard 510 batt? just the regular penstyle, not eGo or Riva or similar. What about the 280mAh Mega 510 batts, the same?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

3.7 but end up around 3 to 3.4 when under load (powering an atomizer), the mega`s are the same as well. Most commercial e-cig batteries are 3.7V.

Hope that helps

Vape on !

Neon

Well damn, i've been thinking this whole time i needed to wait to get an eGo at least to run a LR atty, but im assuming this means i can use one on a regular 510 batt?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dattmavis19 View Post
    Well damn, i've been thinking this whole time i needed to wait to get an eGo at least to run a LR atty, but im assuming this means i can use one on a regular 510 batt?
    I've seen it said several times not to use an LR on a slim 510 batt. I've also hear not to go 2.0 ohms or lower on an ego. Hopefully somebody more knowledgable can give you a more solid answer.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Yes and no...
    It would work, but the question is how long and how safely?

See, LR atties draw more amps from the battery in a shorter period of time.
    If a battery is asked to dump out more power than it has, it can lead to an explosion.
    Since these things are in your face, why take chances?

Mind you, most ecig batteries have protection built into them so they will hopefully shut themselves down before this happens.

The next issue that could pop up...assuming your battery can handle the drain...is the switch. LR stuff might pop the switch if they draw more amps than the switch can handle.

Assuming you never have either of the two problems above, LR will shorten the life of your battery. On the other hand, it can lead to shorter draws to get the same amount of vape...so it might even out for you. Mileage varies. It might also cut down on the number of succesful charge cycles you get.

All that being said, you could probably run the 2ohm stuff ok. I wouldn't push it and go below that.

If you're on a budget...consider grabbing an inexpensive eGo USB/Passthrough battery. 650mah battery, a built in charger, and a USB cord. Some even come with the cone. That gets you 4 to 6 hours of battery life, plus you can use it while it's charging. They run on average at $25. One of the best values in the ecig industry...no need to buy chargers and junk to go with it

Joye eGo USB Passthrough/650mAh Battery

eGo Pass Through Kits - GotVapes.com

EGO USB Batteries

Also, I'm lead to belive that you can charge the eGo batteries on your regular 510 charger provided it has room to screw it on. It'll take much longer to charge than it would on an eGo charger...but hey, it's only a buck or two more than a 510 mega battery and is almost twice the capasity

The small eGo battery is probably going to tip the scale about the same as a mega battery in weight. It's just a little fatter.
    Last edited by Credo; 05-09-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran cuseguy's Avatar

Well...yes sorta. A 510 batt will run an LR atty, but at 280 mah it won't run it for very long. Also since you are overtaxing such a small batt, it will shorten it's lifespan, although I can't tell you how much.
    Edit: Much better answer below from my friend Credo!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I never ran an LR atty on a reg 510 batt, but I did run 1.5ohm LR atties on my eGo for a couple months with no problems. You do take a risk of damaging the battery (or the switch as I have heard most often is the first thing to fail on the eGo batts.) I can't say for sure about a battery exploding, but I will say LR atties flung the doors wide open for me when I was new to vaping.

I've since moved on to variable volt mods, but vaping was kinda meh for me until I tried my first LR atty. It does well simulating high voltage vaping on something simple like an eGo. And I second Credo on the eGo PT battery. That was my first big batt and is what I used my first LR atty on. I still have that one as my back up.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran fray's Avatar

The LR pulls too many amps. Egos use a MOSFET which is not rated for the current draw of a 1.5ohm atty. It may work for awhile but eventually it will burn up the MOSFET or damage the battery.

ECF Veteran

So my "Mega" eGo 900 mAh also drops to 3.4 or so under load same as my stock 650?

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by fray View Post
    It may work for awhile but eventually it will burn up the MOSFET or damage the battery.
    It could take a long while. I have (5) 6 month old eGo batts that only get used with 1.5 LR's. I vape on them long and strong. Not a single issue. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by wrigleyvillain View Post
    So my "Mega" eGo 900 mAh also drops to 3.4 or so under load same as my stock 650?
    Yep. The Mega is only a higher mAH than the 650. Same voltage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast