Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: I'm looking for a small bottom feeder box mod.

Quote Originally Posted by thegrindre View Post
    Ha! I believe I'm finely understanding some of this.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, direct dripping is where you drop the juice directly on the atty coil, then vape it till it's gone. You then repeat the process over and over again. (This appears to be a pain in the butt for my style of vaping because I'm busy doing something with my hands all the time. Direct dripping would be a hindrance to my life style.)
    Now, what a bottom feeder does is, do the direct dripping for you when you squeeze the bottle, so to speak. It's a more convenient way to direct drip your PV, if I'm understanding all this correctly.
    If this is spot on the money of the understanding, then what I'm looking for is a fuel injected or gravity feed system that will keep my juice cup filled to the brim because I constantly vape all day long. I rarely ever put the thing down. It's either in one hand or the other or between my teeth always. It's rarely ever at rest.

Question is, who makes something like that? For constant vapers?

Thanks, guys,
    You got it right. When you squeeze the bottle on a bottom feeder the liquid flows up through the bottom of the atty soaking it. When you release it the excess is sucked back down in the bottle. There are a few top feeders out there as well.

Top feeder
    510 Juice Feeder Mod

Bottom feeder
    3.7 v Box Mod

I hear your voice even when you don't speak***

EX PV Collector Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

To my knowledge, there aren't any "self feeders" (yet). The bottom feeders (and top feeders) are essentially dripping, except you don't carry around a separate bottle. A lot of folks think that the "filler" in carts/cartos give the vape an "off" flavor (me included). My preference is dripping, best flavor of anything, but as you note, its not always convenient. At least the "feeders" eliminate the extra bottle to carry, constantly taking off the bottle cap, etc.

Don't know if you mentioned it, but are you handy with a soldering iron? If so, you can build a feeder quite cheaply from readily available (RadioShack) parts. There's a whole subforum dedicated to "making your own" here, if you're interested. They aren't too difficult to make, I actually made one myself that works
    I know you think you understand what you thought I wrote,
    but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

Packed up all my other vaping gear and moved to REOville May 21, 2011

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by unsure View Post
    Go see Steve and tell him I sent you if a plastic mod at a good price is all you need. Quality 3.7v Box Mods from $19 5v Box Mods from $28
    Which would you recommend, the 3.7 or 5v?

six
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by REET_AZ View Post
    I do not know what batteries the old goat uses. I have seen some mods that use AA type. I'm not sure how much vaping power the smaller batteries have. Perhaps others can help and chime in about that.
    Old goat recommends the Trustfire Flame 14500 for his little 3.7v bottom feeder because they fit best. He does not recommend high drains. A single battery charger at madvpaes is five bucks. The Trustfire 14500 is about four and a quarter, and a person should really have at least two of them. They're rated for 900 mah, but I've never gotten a whole day out of one.
    酔って取得することができます

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by swedishfish View Post
    Which would you recommend, the 3.7 or 5v?
    Im a 3.7v kinda guy. Steve is good and honest. Its really boils down to low or high volt vaping.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ancient puffer View Post
    Don't know if you mentioned it, but are you handy with a soldering iron? If so, you can build a feeder quite cheaply from readily available (RadioShack) parts. There's a whole subforum dedicated to "making your own" here, if you're interested. They aren't too difficult to make, I actually made one myself that works
    Yeah, I am very mechanically minded/inclined and have done stuff like this all my life. Unfortunately, I lost everything but my life in a fire awhile back so I have nothing to do it with anymore. I now purchase everything I need. I'm too old to start all over acquiring all my old tools again and I can't afford 'em either.
    I'd have to buy all the tools and parts. My first one would cost a fortune. LOL
    Living in a small one bedroom apart lacks any room to move in, too. Life's gotten too short for me anymore, now.

Looks like the Old Goat's mods are about what I'm looking for.

Thanks,
    Last edited by thegrindre; 06-11-2011 at 08:39 PM.

ECF Veteran

If you don't mind waiting 3 weeks or so, the trustfire flames are about half the price on dealextreme as they are just about anywhere else.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by thegrindre View Post
    Yeah, I am very mechanically minded/inclined and have done stuff like this all my life. Unfortunately, I lost everything but my life in a fire awhile back so I have nothing to do it with anymore. I now purchase everything I need. I'm too old to start all over acquiring all my old tools again and I can't afford 'em either.
    I'd have to buy all the tools and parts. My first one would cost a fortune. LOL
    Living in a small one bedroom apart lacks any room to move in, too. Life's gotten too short for me anymore, now.

Looks like the Old Goat's mods are about what I'm looking for.

Thanks,
    Just to check in with you. I've had my OG 3.7v bottom feeder for a couple days now and its been performing wonderfully! It's nothing fancy being a plastic box mod, but for the price I couldn't have asked for more. the 14500 trustfire batt with a 1.5 ohm LR atty lasts me a good 5+ hours and surprisingly I didn't notice a drop off in power too much toward the end of the charge.

Of course now that I have discovered how much i LOVE bottom feeding I want to step up to a Reo partly thanks to all the reonauts in this thread =P

Super Member ECF Veteran

If you're going to step up, what are you going to do with your 'old' OG??? :-)

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by REET_AZ View Post
    By the way...I wanted to say congratz to you for giving up diggs after so many years of smoking! That is excellent!
    Actually, it was quite easy. I knew that vaping was going to work for me that very first day I tried it. The whole process was so close to the 'real' thing that I knew it would work.
    I've never wanted to quit the habit, just the tobacco.
    Thanks for the support, I appreciate it.
    tybin and Modrod. like this.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast