How Long Does it Take to Repair Your Taste Buds?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How Long Does it Take to Repair Your Taste Buds?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default How Long Does it Take to Repair Your Taste Buds?

I've been vaping almost two months now and I finally found some juices that I love. Mainly Boba's Bounty, Line Rider, Bounty Hunter and Gorilla Juice. For the past 3 days flavors have been just bland bland bland tasting. I've read about drinking lots of water and brushing your teeth etc so I've been doing all that. This is just a nightmare How long can this last? And yes I've changed up cartos and atty's so I'm pretty certain it's me and not the equipment.

Super Member ECF Veteran Thank You's Avatar
    Blog Entries

took me about a month... same with smell.

fyi, it also could be the PV you're using.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

According to Wiki, taste buds have a lifespan of 10 days, so it could be that long or longer. Others including me have same problem. See "Everything tastes like crap" and "Everything tastes like vinegar" threads in this sub-forum.
    A man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry...to sleep, perchance to dream...

Super Member ECF Veteran

I have been vaping about 2 1/2 months and find some days I can't taste very much at all. For some strange reason if I vape some peppermint or Apple it seems to kick start my tastebuds and I can taste the rest of them. Also at the end of the day I find my taste is diminished. Don't know what type of PV you are using but I get a lot more flavor from the Boge 2.0 carts than anything else I have used. I love them so much I only use attys to sample new ones and check on steeping ones. Even the DCC don't taste as good as a Boge 2.0 to me. I have some CE2 fluxomizers on order to compare as I would like to get away from the filler material.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Thank You View Post
    took me about a month... same with smell.

fyi, it also could be the PV you're using.
    i thought that too but I'm alternating two Ego batteries so unless they both starting screwing up at the same time...i don't know. if i alternate flavors...like say I switch to my Boba's filled cartomizer, my first vape will have decent flavor but every subsequent one won't.

oh and i am indeed using boge 2.0 cartos. and some ego dual coil mega cartos as well. and i have a 306 LR atty, a 510 LR and a 510 Standard atty. No luck on any of em. I resorted to debridging a couple last nite it helped a tiny bit but not very much. i know alot of people go through this i just hope its a one time thing because this sucks
    Last edited by CloudCuckooMan; 08-18-2011 at 09:34 PM.
    Thank You likes this.

I've been vaping for about 3 months now and have the same problem to a lesser degree. The first juice I found that I absolutely loved was Ikenvape RY4. It was great for about a week and then I lost the ability to taste it at all. I tried all the things recommended here and nothing really helped much. So I started ordering samples and found Vermillian River Kentucky Premium. This flavor was great also. It was very fragrant and rich tasting. Now I find my ability to taste this is also much reduced. I can smell both flavors just like I remember when I first tried them but they don't taste near as strong as the first week with them.

All I know to do at this point is try some different flavors.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I found different foods and drink mess with the flavors I vape. I also found vaqping the same thing all the time looses flavor so I switch between 3 and 4 different flavors through out the day.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Darrigaaz's Avatar

Clean out your sinuses.
    Had my last cigarette on December 14th, 2009.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I'd give anything to be able to taste Boba's the way I did before. I wouldn't even need any other juices.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I'm also at the 2 month mark and waiting for my tastes to come back. 10 days huh? One thing I've found is if you accidently suck in some juice, like from your drip tip or something, the nicotine will kill your tastes for a while. I always taste juices better early in the day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast