Help, Gotta have a dental implant and supposed to quit smoking ????
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Help, Gotta have a dental implant and supposed to quit smoking ????

Full Member ECF Veteran

Default Help, Gotta have a dental implant and supposed to quit smoking ????

Been vaping for about 18 months. Still have 4 or 5 cigarettes a day. Don't know why. Just still like it.

Anyway ..... I'm going to have a dental implant in mid-october. The Oral surgeon says to minimize the implant having problems and "not taking" I should STOP SMOKING. This apparently includes ALL NICOTINE. He was not impressed with my ecig's and stated that nicotine in any form was as big a problem with the implant as the other bad stuff in regular cigarettes.

Anyway.....I'm gonna switch to zero nicotine. Couple of questions;

I read somewhere that zero nicotine actually still has some nicotine. Is this true??

Did any of you who switched to zero nicotine have terrible nicotine withdrawal?
    I used to think my "habit" was more about the process of smoking/oral fixation/handling, ect as much as nicotine. But 4 or 5 years ago when I quit smoking cold turkey, I had some terrible withdrawal. Depression, panic attacks, just generally feeling crappy for the 3 or 4 months while I quit.

Anybody had a dental implant and any smoking issues?
    Anybody have anything to say about going to zero nicotine ??

Thanks for the input

JoAnna

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

0mg nic juices will have 0mg nicotine. The juices that have nictone are mixed with 100% pure nicotine base. So if you get 0mg nicotine juice it will be nicotine free. I had a severe broken femur and my Dr told me i should quit for it to heal. I didn't quit and it still healed just fine.

Dream Catcher ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hello, I had a dental implant and smoked during the whole process (for those not familiar it takes months from start to finish). I was told over and over by the dentist not to smoke and would light up before I left the parking lot. I never had any problems, and now I vape with nicotine but it's a risk. I have read/been told that the implant can fail but back then in my "smoking thinking" mind I didn't listen.

I look into the stars. I look into the moon.

Full Member ECF Veteran Jinglepixie's Avatar

I tried going to 0mg once and it just made me chain-vape more than I ever. My body didn't like the lack of nic, but it's just one of those things, you tell your self "Too bad." And deal with it. Until I got more high nic liquid. As long as you have the oral and handling fix, it makes it a bit easier.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnna1010 View Post
    <snip>
    I read somewhere that zero nicotine actually still has some nicotine. Is this true??
    <snip>
    If it is a tobacco flavor there will be a trace amount of nicotine, it happens becouse of the process of takeing the flavor from tobacco plant.
    Personally, I don't think this would be enough to worry about.
    Or, you could use any juice that is not a tobacco flavor.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Thank you for the input. May have to do anti-depressants or chantex or loose my mind !!! HAHa

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Chantex is evil
    Crankyfuzz likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I had some oral surgery a few years back and was told to stop smoking so it would make healing easier.Three weeks after the surgery,the
    doctor said"you heal so good,you must have stopped smoking",wrong,the only time I didn't light one in the parking lot was after surgery,but
    I don't remember anything after"count backwards from one hundred".Of course it might not work like that for everyone.

I haz ur joose

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I had two implants in March. I vaped right up to the surgery, and pretty soon afterward. No ill effects. But I would expect since it does affect the body, the doctor has a point about no Nic.

GGTS/UFS, Helix, ProVari, Darwin, Zen Mini, Zen Standard, Sidewinder

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I had 3 implants done in Feb., when I was still smoking. I cut back but never really stopped until I found e-cigs in July. Since I have been vaping no problems but today, one of my implants is loose. I go to the dentist tomorrow to see if its the crown or the implant. I hope to God its only the crown. I'll let you know what the verdict is tomorrow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast