How long do your cartomizers/cartridges last?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How long do your cartomizers/cartridges last?

Blog Entries

Default How long do your cartomizers/cartridges last?

I have 2 e-cigs, the smoke51 Trio (uses cartridges) and the vEppo510 (uses cartomizers) I am *very* happy with them both, but I was curious as to how long your cartridges/cartomizers last. I am finding mine last about 2 days (give or take). It's my understanding it depends on how much you use it, and when I was smoking ciggies I was about a pack to a pack and a half a day smoker. Does this sound about right? Thanks

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I use cartomizers unless I'm dripping, so I can't answer for cartridges. If you're buying pre-filled cartomizers, they will last a little more than a day if they're filled really well. If you're filling your own, which I highly recommend for your enjoyment and your pocketbook, then you can get a week or longer out of a single cartomizer as long as you keep the filling wet (topping off with a couple of drops every few hours or so). I have a few cartos right now that I've been using for a couple of weeks and there's been very little change in the vapor I get out of them. I also use clear juices at 80%/20% PG/VG ratio. Darker and thicker juices will foul the atomizer in the carto more rapidly than thinner and clearer juices.

I hope I've helped. If you need more advice, please ask!
    kblush likes this.

PV GOD ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Sounds about right with the smoke51 Trio. Honestly, I'm really not a fan of it. Really hated carts since they leaked and gave sub-par performance. On top of it all, the atomizer was expensive as hell to replace along with extra carts.

Tried it 3 yrs ago and ultimately, I went back to smoking cigs. Only if I knew about the ECF then....probably would've been a vet by now LOL

Blog Entries

Yea, I primarily use my other one, but I like the Trio as a backup as I use it for my e liquid and it provides a nice smooth taste and good vapor. You're right though, the battery is extremely expensive to replace. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw what they wanted!

Biker Babe Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Are you asking how long carts/cartos last before they need to be refilled or how long they last before you have to throw them away?

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, live passionately and never regret anything that made you smile.

Blog Entries

tmcase ~ both, actually. I have 2 brand of e-cigs, one uses cartomizers and the other uses refillable cartridges.

Super Member ECF Veteran guido61's Avatar

Let see..
    I use Boge LR cartom on Ego battery and they last about 2 weeks with 3 ot 4 refill a day: low resistance cartoms use more liquid.

PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by guido61 View Post
    Let see..
    I use Boge LR cartom on Ego battery and they last about 2 weeks with 3 ot 4 refill a day: low resistance cartoms use more liquid.
    I also use Boge LR cartos. Sometimes I can go a week on one if I use 100% PG juice. A little 70pg/30vg can kill one quickly in my experience. 60vg/40pg can result in a carto change a day. I'm not a fan of 100% PG in other atomizer types because it tends to be harsher than a mix. I like smooth and tasty as opposed to heavy throat hit, but I can vape 100% PG in a Boge carto and have no issues.

And I only smoked 6 a day for two years before that.

Provari and Sigelei Zmax V3 | CASAA Member

Senior Member ECF Veteran

what ive experienced is that cartomizer life varies alot depending on juice. i havent been using cartomizers for that long, i was dripping with attys for a year before i switched last month. i cant comments om how often cartos need to be refilled because ive only used them with a tank (which is the main reason i switched and i have to say its been the best vaping experience ive had so far). so far ive used boge lr cartos and the ccv/smoktek resurrectors. the boges performed great with a clearer juice, but with dark juices or even just somewhat dark juices, they would be useless after 2 days, the draw gets so stiff, flavor suffers. with the resurrectors so far, im still on the first one and its still performing great, even after ive ran 2 pretty thick somewhat dark juicees through it.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm finding the really dark and or very sweet vapes tend to clog up my Boge Cartos pretty quick, usually 2-5 days before the draw is too tight to be enjoyable. With lighter nic liquids I can get a good 1-2 weeks befor changing it out. I will also note that there does seem to be a bit of variation in the acutal hardware itself. I'm vaping up some Bluemist coffe 'n cream right now and my carto had to be changed on day 2, now this carto is still going strong and its on day 4. Just saying, not all cartos are made equal, even from the same package.

Edit: Basically what CountVapula said! I am also finding that the resurrectors (smoketech 1.7) seem to handle the dark juices better.
    Last edited by JTman; 10-05-2011 at 05:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast