Better than Provari???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Better than Provari???

Default Better than Provari???

I need some help. I have a provari, and while it works as advertised, it's not the right PV for me. First, I use Dual Coil cartos and a tank setup. The Provari won't let me vape above 4v with the DC's which is a well known problem. Second, I ordered the chrome version, and while I've not dropped my Provari, the chrome is flaking off all over the place. Very frustrating spending 200 bucks on something that the chrome won't stick to. Third, the power from my simple vv box mod far outperforms the power from the Provari. Not that I vape that hot, I still like the ability to do so if I wanted to.

I'm looking for something new. Will probably sell the Provari to fund it. Is there anything out there that blows the Provari away? If not, what is the best constructed VV box mod on the market? My box mod has stopped working (from Madvapes) and I need something reliable.

Thanks for your help!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

IMHO, the best constructed VV boxmod is made by Krimson Kustom. His attention to detail is unsurpassed, and you can choos your led color, button color, as well as other options. Krimson Kustoms, 3.7v, 5, Variable Voltage and Evercool. Quality, Look, Great Price.

Or you could go for one of the more expensive handcrafted wood boxmods. There's the Grip from SweetVapes, the Hogmod, or the Redsky. You can search any of these. The only downside is that they are very popular, and there is usually quite a wait list.
    John R. L. likes this.
    No analogs since 5-5-11
    I am a DIY'ingcartotankingwoodmodaholic!
    2 Redsky mods, 8 ManCave mods, 1 Grip, 2 Wildman mods, 1 Hogmod, and a BoggerBox.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by wsu99999 View Post
    I need some help. I have a provari, and while it works as advertised, it's not the right PV for me. First, I use Dual Coil cartos and a tank setup. The Provari won't let me vape above 4v with the DC's which is a well known problem. Second, I ordered the chrome version, and while I've not dropped my Provari, the chrome is flaking off all over the place. Very frustrating spending 200 bucks on something that the chrome won't stick to. Third, the power from my simple vv box mod far outperforms the power from the Provari. Not that I vape that hot, I still like the ability to do so if I wanted to.

I'm looking for something new. Will probably sell the Provari to fund it. Is there anything out there that blows the Provari away? If not, what is the best constructed VV box mod on the market? My box mod has stopped working (from Madvapes) and I need something reliable.

Thanks for your help!
    The voltage limits are not a well known problem, its a design feature to keep people from destroying atties/cartos and it does help the batteries. I think the Provari limits amps to 2.5 and under, at 4 volts a 1.5 ohm load is about 2.66 amps.

You might want to look at a darwin, they have a dedicated user group similar to those of us that like the provari, I think the darwin allows you to adjust amps, but I haven't read a lot on them and I don't have one

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Buzz Pro or Ipro will run a LR carto/atty up to 4.7v. Well built mods, and are priced right.
    Notcigs
    matador and 908Tracy like this.

Just forgot to pick up that 2000th carton of Marlboro's since finding e-cigs.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

+1 for Darwin. God I love that thing!
    Huffelpuff likes this.
    My signature is awesome!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

LR came out so low voltage devices could vape more like high voltage devices. A VV device doesn't use LR well because it wasn't designed for it nor does it need it. Why not just get a 2.5 ohm dual coil carto and run it at 6 volts on your provari ? That should be plenty to satisfy just about anyone unless taste is a priority then even a lr carto wont. As for the chrome flaking that sucks and I would be upset also. I bet provape would take care of you if it is still under warranty.
    Last edited by ambientech; 11-18-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Thanks for your help!
    Can you please tell me something? The metal underneath the chrome that's flaking off, is it stainless steel as they claim?
    MODS: *ZNA, 4Nine, *Lux v3, Buffalo, Caravela, Vaporwood Mini, Da Iron Mod
    ATTYS: Mephisto, Zenith, *Quicksilver, *Quasar, Origen, Senio, Tobh, CATs, Heron, Kayfun Lite+
    *Denotes favorites

PV GOD ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I would suggest you give a VV Army Tank V2 a try soon. J should be taking orders pretty soon from what I've heard from him. You should definitely give him a pm if interested. Just to give you a short description of the mod. It's a VV bottom feeder. Here's my review:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...y-tank-v2.html

It's 107 shipped.
    Devonmoonshire and donnah like this.

Full Member Verified Member

The Provari won't let me vape above 4v with the DC's which is a well known problem.
    That being the case, is there any advantage to using DCs with Provari at all?

Hmmm... mystified

Quote Originally Posted by revmax View Post
    That being the case, is there any advantage to using DCs with Provari at all?

Hmmm... mystified
    There isn't an advantage, except, for the fact I have about 50 of those type of cartos. I know that if I wasn't so lazy, I could either slot my regular single coil cartos to use with my tank system, but as it stands now, I can't use them with my tank. The tank setup I have is amazing, and has completely changed the way I vape. I don't think I can go back to filling a carto 30 times per day. I've tried it just for the simple fact of using the provari, but its a pain.

I can't verify if under the chrome is stainless steel, but it is metal, and it is "silver" looking. Just a dull chrome color. Half of the reason I got this is because it's a beautiful unit. Mine looks like crap and half the time I use it I walk away with silver flakes on my hands.

The kicker... I've only had it like a month, maybe 45 days max!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast