Georgia Vapers Let's Get Together - Page 74
Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576 LastLast
Like Tree246Likes

Thread: Georgia Vapers Let's Get Together

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

We had allot of very generous donations, our juice bar was incredible and for giveaways we had 45 prizes to give out!!!!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I have too many pictures to post them individually so here is the link to the album where they are all at.

Thank you to all who came out, yall made this an awesome event!!!
    Balthezar and 1atom12 like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I just wanted everyone to know who was responsible for this awesome event!!!

DSC02754.JPG

The Event Planners (from left to right):
    MikenGA - Head counter and operations
    Balthazar - The guy that had a crazy idea for us to have a vape and a beer.
    s3anvap3s- joined us on our second meeting.
    chatter - Planned and implemented the juice bar, worked with supporting vendors and with MikenGA worked with ECF threads.
    Chaos - No longer on here due to a story too long to tell, brought us allot of the prizes and vendors as well provided MC Duties.

I also want to thank Sammy and Rabernet who were with MikenGA,Balthazar,Chaos and myself from the start but were unable to make it due to changing life circumstances.
    Also, Dimitris with VP Pro live should get huge credit for making this event even bigger and coming out and putting us on the internet.
    Balthezar and s3anvap3s like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

And you know Chaos actually turned out to be a real nice guy. It was great to meet all of you!!
    s3anvap3s likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

HOWDY FOLKS!! I don't know about the rest of ya, but I'm pooped! Had a GREAT DAY on Saturday, got home about 1:30am, then had to work all day Sunday. I slept late today, and am just beginning to stir with my first cup o java.

Chatter, my almost 60 year old eyes need a HUGE magnifying glass to see that pic!
    Quote Originally Posted by chatter97 View Post
    ...I also want to thank Sammy and Rabernet who..........were unable to make it due to changing life circumstances.
    Let's also remember Nestoche (at our 1st meeting in December) and Zogem (at our 2nd meeting in January), who each contributed to the ENJOYMENT of our planning sessions, and to the success of the event.

The VAPE MEET this past Saturday was our 3rd monthly meeting, so the question is...where and when will we meet in March?

I'll be back in a bit, with closing thoughts and the final 'OFFICIAL HEAD COUNT'.
    mfraz25 and Balthezar like this.

$2854.79 vaping supplies since 9/25/2011.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I HAD A GREAT TIME MEETING ALL YOU FOLKS ON SATURDAY! WHOA!! That was a HOOT!

I had the best seat in the house; passing out name badges/drawing numbers, and recognizing most of you AFTER you gave me your ECF Screen Name!
    (Special THANK YOU goes to Taxman32, for relieving me long enough to 'relieve myself' , check out most of our vendors , check out the juice bar , and travel the outer areas calling winning numbers at the top of my lungs! )

• As far as I know, the inception of the idea that led to THIS event, occured on Thanksgiving night. I received a PM from Balthezar on November 24, 2011, with the following sentence: "Just a quick note, I will be starting a thread next week about a GA get together. I'll keep in touch about where I'm posting it."
      The following week, the thread appeared and was titled "Georgia Vapers Let's Get Together".

Balthezar, I haven't told you this, but 'the devil in me' really enjoyed watching you squirm when so MANY folks responded to your post...and you never considered limiting the number of tables we might pull together somewhere. It was quickly obvious to all readers, that this thang was going to be far too much for one person to organize, and that's when 'the planning committee' materialized...seemingly out of thin air!

Ultimately, ALL of us on 'the planning committee' experienced several grand opportunities to 'squirm' along with Balthezar, and sometimes we were blindly taking the next step...simply because it WAS the only step to take.

As for ME, it was a PLEASURE getting to know each of the folks on the 'Planning Committee' (me, Chatter97, ChaosAffect, Balthezar, Sammy43, s3anvap3s, rabernet, Nestoche and Zogem). Each meeting was another great opportunity to spend time with GOOD FRIENDS and SPECIAL FOLKS...as well as learn more than I EVER thought I needed to know about everyone's P.E.N.I.S. (Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhalation System)!

Would I do it again?? Uhmmmmm...YEP, and YOU should, too!

HERE ARE THE NUMBERS:
    As the 'Official Head Counter', I was predicting between 127 to 142 attendees at the event.

At the event:
    • We had 119 'numbered' names participating in the DRAWING.

• We also had 5 additional folks attending that were either underage or did not want to participate in the drawing.

• THE 'OFFICIAL TOTAL HEAD COUNT' was 124!!!
      (We would have had more folks if it had NOT been raining, so my prognosticatin' was darn good!!

THANK YOU TO ALL THE VENDORS who attended!

THANK YOU TO ALL THE VENDORS who provided 45 generous donations for our drawing!

THANK YOU TO ALL THE VENDORS who provided hundreds of bottles of flavorful juices for our JUICE BAR!

THANK YOU TO THE FOLKS OF VapersPlace | VP Live Vape Team who helped publicize the event and streamed it LIVE over the internet. (I'm getting PM 'THANK YOUs' from folks who watched online while vaping right along with us, and it's the VAPETEAM that made it possible!)

THANK YOU TO OLDE TOWNE TAVERN & GRILL (Lawrenceville, GA) for not only allowing us to use their facilities, but for working with us to meet the demand, by expanding 'our space' throughout the entire upper floor! Our turnout was SO GOOD, we would have been extremely cramped if OTG had confined us to only our little 'enclosed room'.
    • Funny...at the time we reserved the 'enclosed room', it was a significantly larger space than we thought would be necessary. WE WERE WRONG!!!

And THANK YOU TO THE FOLKS POSTING PICTURES AND VIDEO OF THE EVENT, cuz it gives us ALL the opportunity to enjoy it again and again!

Last, but not least, THANK YOU TO ALL THE FOLKS WHO CAME! It was YOU who 'the Planning Committee' was working for, and we would have been a sad/sorry bunch if you had not supported us with your presence! YOU CAME THROUGH FOR US!

I believe most of us felt as though we were attending one big reunion of long lost friends/family, and each of us can probably say, "I am SO GLAD I WAS THERE!" That's how I feel about it.

GOOD JOB, EVERYBODY!

(AND...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all the FEBRUARY Folks! )

Chatter97, when you get a chance, please post a list of all the vendors who attended, as well as those who provided donations. These are the folks who supported us 'above and beyond' our requests, and they are the same folks I want to support with my business!

(Also, by posting a list of these folks, it will give us ALL a chance to email them a short note of appreciation and THANKS! )

We also need to reimburse expenses, tally TOTAL donations generated for CASAA (including VapeTeam auctions), and post the numbers. When that step is completed, The 'Atlanta Vape Meet of February 18, 2011' will be history...and such a good, good story!

$2854.79 vaping supplies since 9/25/2011.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I don't think anyone could have said it better, Mike. Also if we were to vote for a secretary you would most definitely have my vote. I wanna extend a huge, heartfelt thank you to all the planning committee. Mike you ran your tail off the entire night. My hats off to you, sir! Chaos, you made an awesome M.C. and did a great job with the giveaways....not to mention all of the corresponding you facilitated with vendors ! Chatter, with your gift of gab....awesome PR, planning, vendor corresponding. I'm sure I'm forgetting an awful lot here, but the point I'm trying to make here is that I appreciate anyone who put in the "foot work" behind this crazy cool event! I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that we have what it takes to put together a Vapefest that would rival the biggest and best that has ever been. Much love to you guys!

Super Member ECF Veteran Carless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by s3anvap3s View Post
    I don't think anyone could have said it better, Mike. Also if we were to vote for a secretary you would most definitely have my vote. I wanna extend a huge, heartfelt thank you to all the planning committee. Mike you ran your tail off the entire night. My hats off to you, sir! Chaos, you made an awesome M.C. and did a great job with the giveaways....not to mention all of the corresponding you facilitated with vendors ! Chatter, with your gift of gab....awesome PR, planning, vendor corresponding. I'm sure I'm forgetting an awful lot here, but the point I'm trying to make here is that I appreciate anyone who put in the "foot work" behind this crazy cool event! I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that we have what it takes to put together a Vapefest that would rival the biggest and best that has ever been. Much love to you guys!
    Well stated. I second everything said here. I have attended a lot of group meets over the years by various guilds I've been in and this was as well done as any meet I've ever been to.
    Vapers are an interesting group, too. I will want to attend future events.
    If you still smoke analogs, people will soon look at you like your phone has a cord.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

As promised here is the lists of all our supporters. We greatly appreciate all their contributions, they definitely were a very large factor in the success of this meet. Please support them as they went above and beyond to help make this all happen. This might take multiple posts so please bear with me. Also, I am making their links clickable for easy navigation.

My decent pictures of the event if you want to see what the hubub was all about or want to relive some memories.

Attending Vendors

Vaperite
    Donated several delicious organic flavors to our awesome juice bars and a Akston Hughes SVR Kit to the raffle.

Dark City Vapor
    First vape meet-up for this vendor, coming from Black Mountain North Carolina. Donated some awesome Banana Pudding and Hyper Hillbilly as well as other flavors to our juice bar.

Clouds of Vapor
    The BigBuyer himself all the way up from Florida. Donated juice to our bar and emptied chaos credit card with his awesome mods.

Stormy's Vapor Cellar

Epipe Mods
    Donated a Molijnar mod to our raffle and debut a new Cell Phone battery mod at our event. Some of the finest pipe mods out there.

Ares Ecigs
    Donated some great flavors to the juice bar.

Rock 'n' Roll Vapor
    The guy in the big cowboy hat! Donated several disposables to the raffle and all flavors are rock and roll themed.

Also I want to include Heather's Heavenly Vapes on here. She did not have a table, but was on hand. This company just got started and many of her flavors debut at our meet. She generously donated a sample pack to our raffle and juice to the juice bar.

If I forgot any of our on-hand vendors please let me know. More to come as we have allot more sponsors we want to mention that were not present, but were amazingly generous.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran