What do the Docs say about vaping?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: What do the Docs say about vaping?

Blog Entries

Default What do the Docs say about vaping?

I have a follow up appointment with my doctor this week. I am excited to report to him that I have not smoked since my lung had collapsed 12 days ago. BUT, I have taking up vaping and love it. Doctors usually give you the 5th degree about smoking and blame the minutest symptom on smoking. Just curious what your doctors had to say about the wonderful world of vaping.

Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla

It's a fantastic alternative to smoking, all Dr's are not educated on vaping so make sure yours is if he has something to say about it.
    Last edited by mwa102464; 01-15-2012 at 05:34 PM.
    Shonna76 likes this.
    I have no favorites I love them all, but the sexy chicks who sport wild thongs drive me up the wall ;-)
    Support the cause give to CASSA

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If your doctor is keeping up with trends etc. I think he'll encourage you to continue as mine did. Mine was also very aware of what PG/VG is which was shocking to me. With that said, my doctor has lowered the strength of my cholesterol meds. yay me!
    Shonna76 likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

my doctor was very ahppy to ehar i quit smoking and went to vapeing he did allot of research on it and has been turnin people to it
    Shonna76 likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Had a checkup a month and a half after starting vaping (47 years of 2 PaD). My doc had no idea what vaping was. He did note my BP had went down 11 points on both sides and my OČ saturation went from 92 to 98. I sent him some CASAA info to him. During my last visit he said he was impressed with the info and asked if he could share my story with his smoking patients.

Had the first signs of emphysema several years ago. Gonna see him again in Feburary and ask for a lung x-ray for a comparison.
    Last edited by Iffy; 01-16-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    tybin and MegaBee like this.
    If I'm awake, I vape!
    No 'bakky' since Apr 14, 2011, after 45 years of 2 PaD <insert Snoopy dance here>

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Dr app on Wednsday .... we'll see
    Meanwhile I'll just top off this Buttered Popcorn in the ole Jazz cartopipe.
    Last edited by tj99959; 01-15-2012 at 06:44 PM.
    http://www.casaa.org/images/9974739e5e33027c7244f0b4518d5a2d.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iffy View Post
    Had a checkup a month and a half after starting vaping (45 years of 2 PaD). My doc had no idea what vaping was. He did note my BP had went down 11 points on both sides and my OČ saturation went from 92 to 98. I sent him some CASAA info to him. During my last visit he said he was impressed with the info and asked if he could share my story with his smoking patients.

Had the first signs of emphysema several years ago. Gonna see him again in Feburary and ask for a lung x-ray for a comparison.
    Let us know the comparison report when it comes back!!!! So excited for your positive medical reports!!!!! Honestly, I could never be more happy. I always needed to quit smoking, but never enough willpower to do it!! Very little willpower needed with vaping. I wish I would of found vaping sooner....it can save lives!!
    Iffy, vicsan and Jim Bob like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tj99959 View Post
    Dr app on Wednsday .... we'll see
    Meanwhile I'll just top off this Buttered Popcorn in the ole Jazz cartopipe.
    How u like the popcorn? I love the jelly belly popcorn jelly beans....haveta give it a try!!!

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I openly vaped in my Dentist's chair. He was willing to pass some extra ECF cards along to patients who smoke, because he insists they give up smoking prior to some surgeries. A couple of his assistants smoke and were impressed and eager to try vaping, as well.
    Shonna76 likes this.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Shonna76 View Post
    How u like the popcorn? I love the jelly belly popcorn jelly beans....haveta give it a try!!!
    This is a special brew that ENS has been offering to us locals lately. Gotta say ... it tastes like the real deal ... but it doesn't like a lot of watts.
    http://www.casaa.org/images/9974739e5e33027c7244f0b4518d5a2d.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast