Older People - 55 years and up! - Page 80
Page 80 of 339 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Like Tree7061Likes

Thread: Older People - 55 years and up!

* Resident Wood Nymph * Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

It was awfully dicey here in Indiana. Quite a few folks didn't make it.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

A little difficulty "twisting" my cartomizer, but got through it just fine.

Actually, putting my stupid wit aside, I was wondering about rave. I know you're in Indiana, rave, I just didn't know where. I think it was southern Indiana that got hit hard. Is that right?

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
    A little difficulty "twisting" my cartomizer, but got through it just fine.

Actually, putting my stupid wit aside, I was wondering about rave. I know you're in Indiana, rave, I just didn't know where. I think it was southern Indiana that got hit hard. Is that right?
    Yeah - Southern Indiana got massacred. 14 fatalities the last I heard. I'm west of Indianapolis. Areas just to the north and just to the south got golf ball sized hail, but I lucked out.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Anywhere near Terre Haute? I guess that's pretty far west from Indianapolis though. And slightly south.

Super Member Verified Member

Good on you, rave....I don't regret leaving Springville for good over a year ago. I can handle hurricanes.

Good morning, all.
    rave likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
    Anywhere near Terre Haute? I guess that's pretty far west from Indianapolis though. And slightly south.
    I'm due west of Indy although quite a distance away. It takes me an hour to drive to Terre Haute. *but I drive like a little old lady*
    Bostonsnboxers likes this.

Super Member Verified Member

I was 19 miles SW of Bloomington and it was about an hour and a half to TH and Indy. The travel problem I have now is it's 12 hours to Lawrenceburg, TN instead of the more pleasant 4-1/2 hours from IN. I'm trying to decide which I prefer now; perpetual Summer or the colors of watching the seasons change. Tipping the scales in favor of the former, I'm finally back HOME!!! Fall was great up there, though....Ms. Norma over in Nashville, IN.

rave likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Actually, near Terre Haute in Center Point, there is a place called Exotic Feline Rescue Center founded and run by Joe Taft. Over 100 acres of large cats (tigers, lions, panthers, etc.) that were abandoned, abused, or whatever. EFRC provides a permanent home and medical care for them in a natural habitat. We have visited a few times and were always left in awe.

Interesting thing, a fiction writer by the name of Michael Koryta wrote and published a book last year called "The Ridge". In the book, Joe Taft is one of the characters.

Guess this is a little off-topic, but useful info just the same.
    rave and Bostonsnboxers like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Hi all! It's just been a lazy rainy morning here in Maine. Hubby and I are still in our jammies, and have been playing board games. I guess it's time to get dressed...
    No analogs since 5-5-11
    I am a DIY'ingcartotankingwoodmodaholic!
    2 Redsky mods, 8 ManCave mods, 1 Grip, 2 Wildman mods, 1 Hogmod, and a BoggerBox.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by my4jewels View Post
    Hi all! It's just been a lazy rainy morning here in Maine. Hubby and I are still in our jammies, and have been playing board games. I guess it's time to get dressed...
    It is wonderful to be lazy when you get a chance and especially when it is raining or snowing. I usually just put on a robe on Sunday morning and read the news paper from cover to cover and then If I can take a Sunday afternoon nap. Life is good.
    Stosh and Bostonsnboxers like this.