"freezing" juice? - Page 7
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: "freezing" juice?

ECF Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RjG View Post
    Hmm, one of my plans this weekend was to convert one of those water cooler/mini-fridge into a lockable juice cooler. Then I read this.

Sun - were your bottles opened before refrigerating? And would there be a likelyhood that the tip touched your carts while filling? I wonder if the problem is bacteria entering the opened bottle, and then growing on the condensation inside the bottle when refrigerated?

So maybe un-opened bottles in the 'fridge, and opened ones should stay out?

I'm getting quite a large collection - I sincerely doubt I'm going to get into half of the bottles before next year, so storage is becoming a concern for me.
    RjG--The bottles were unopen and from 4 different vendors. They were in the refigerator for over 3 months before I went to check on them. The reason why I checked them was that when the "green JC" issue was reported here, some of the Members that the juice went green on said that it had been in the Refigerator. Every bottle I opened had a rancid vulgar smell. I had some real old stuff laying around that I did not care for that I never bothered to put in the refigerator and it was still fine.

I have e-lquid here that is almost a year old and still is fine. So all I can say is I will not be revisiting the fridge when it comes to storing e-liquid. Everybody can go for it, but it is no coincedence to me as these bottles where never opened and all from four different vendors. Needless to say, IMO I killed them with kindness big time.

Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Vaporer View Post
    RjG--The bottles were unopen and from 4 different vendors. They were in the refigerator for over 3 months before I went to check on them. The reason why I checked them was that when the "green JC" issue was reported here, some of the Members that the juice went green on said that it had been in the Refigerator. Every bottle I opened had a rancid vulgar smell. I had some real old stuff laying around that I did not care for that I never bothered to put in the refigerator and it was still fine.

I have e-lquid here that is almost a year old and still is fine. So all I can say is I will not be revisiting the fridge when it comes to storing e-liquid. Everybody can go for it, but it is no coincedence to me as these bottles where never opened and all from four different vendors. Needless to say, IMO I killed them with kindness big time.

Sun
    Like you said Sun....Juice in fridge=Loss of $.....Take my word folks...Just keep your food in there..Not e-liquid!!The Wiz!
    Whiskey 2010-2012 Thanks for the Shot!l

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor Wizard View Post
    Like you said Sun....Juice in fridge=Loss of $.....Take my word folks...Just keep your food in there..Not e-liquid!!The Wiz!
    This is just silly - no logic, no reasoning; just hearsay

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Sun
    I do see that you feel it's clear but you haven't really shown a cause-effect relationship - or any mechanism.

ECF Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor Wizard View Post

That is my take on it Wiz. I have bought a lot of e-liquid coming on a year now and the only stuff I ever lost was what I put in that fridge. Now Big Jim gets hit with it as well.

Sun

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

That is my take on it Wiz. I have bought a lot of e-liquid coming on a year now and the only stuff I ever lost was what I put in that fridge. Now Big Jim gets hit with it as well.

Sun
    Where's the BigJim thread?

Even 2 cases doesn't prove anything. It needs looking at the cases for other possible explanations. Too early to draw conclusions.

ECF Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kinabaloo View Post
    Where's the BigJim thread?

Even 2 cases doesn't prove anything. It needs looking at the cases for other possible explanations. Too early to draw conclusions.
    Kinna--Nobody is trying to prove anything--I have said 20 times, I took a hit, and that is it. I will say it for the last time---I am not telling anyone what they should do---what I am doing is reiterating what I posted many months ago because I got 12 PM's to repost the experiance. Peroid.

Sun

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Anybody know where is the thread where BigJim relates hos experience with fridge storage?

I think it is worth finding out if the fridge is good and bad.

Kinna--Nobody is trying to prove anything--I have said 20 times, I took a hit, and that is it. I will say it for the last time---I am not telling anyone what they should do---what I am doing is reiterating what I posted many months ago because I got 12 PM's to repost the experiance. Peroid.

Sun
    Sun......There is no need for you to have to prove a point here.You just explained that you had misfortune when storing your liquid in a refridgerator...If anyone cares to follow suit and try storing it in there for research purposes..let them do so.All you did was to post the results you had with this approach for storing e-liquid! I have never had any e-liquid I have purchased in the past 6 months go bad on me for storing it in my basement, where it happens to be "Cool and Dry" Thanks for sharing your point of view Sun!!The Wiz!

Quote Originally Posted by kinabaloo View Post
    Anybody know where is the thread where BigJim relates hos experience with fridge storage?

I think it is worth finding out if the fridge is good and bad.
    kinabaloo...Perhaps BigJim mentioned this to Sun by PM.....I would try and contact BJ by PM also if your curious to what happened to him! I will take Sun's word on it!The Wiz!

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast