24 mg too much? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 24 mg too much?

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Pack a day Kool Menthol full flavor for ~14 years.
    Vape 18mg

24mg makes my throat feel weird, and makes me nauseous.
    12mg keeps me going, but doesnt always do it.
    8mg doesnt seem to curb my cravings at all. I tried for a week. Vaped CONSTANTLY, like 2-3 puffs every 2 minutes, was literally non stop, and an analog never left my mind.

18mg is my sweet spot.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

WAS...a PAD smoker started vaing at 24mg exclusively about 3 months ago. Recently got a flavor I really, really enjoy and found that I was constently vaping while at home and 24mg is too high for vaping like that for me, started to get light headed and a little sick. When I start feeling like that I start dripping 0mg for the rest of the night. I now have 1/2 my flavors at 24mg and 1/2 at 18mg with a few 0mg (just in case). But as was said above, this is a very personal experience and its all about what works for you. If you were only at 1/2 pk day analogs I would bet you're too high at 24mg.

Full Member ECF Veteran sumoman25's Avatar

I vape 36mg, so you're not too high

Higher mg juice is safe, so long as you don't vape as frequently as someone who vapes a lower mg juice. There's some difference between people, but I think it's a good general rule to follow. I take a max of 10 drags an hour, and every drag is 15-20 seconds, because feelsgoodman.

I just do it for throat hit, but I definitely notice with lower frequency of use you can actually achieve a buzz a lot of the time. I get a strong buzz every morning, and a few smaller ones during the day, just my experience.

Also, recovering addict? I don't want to assume anything, but if you're using/recovering from other substances it could have an interaction with nicotine, might not be a good one either.

ECF Veteran

I was a pad smoker. Started off with 36mg, just recently (few days ago) dropped down to 24mg - can't really tell no difference, although it seems like I'm vaping more with the 24mg, other than that I have no side effects. The 36mg didn't mess with me, except 1 time and that was my very first vape. I had a nice buzz, got me thinking if they added something else to it.. lol Since than I have not experienced a nicotine buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by salventura View Post
    I was a pad smoker. Started off with 36mg, just recently (few days ago) dropped down to 24mg - can't really tell no difference, although it seems like I'm vaping more with the 24mg, other than that I have no side effects. The 36mg didn't mess with me, except 1 time and that was my very first vape. I had a nice buzz, got me thinking if they added something else to it.. lol Since than I have not experienced a nicotine buzz.
    Hmm, I'm interested to know whether or not my method would work with other people. I was a 1/2 PAD smoker, and I got a buzz every first cigarette of the day, same results with vaping.

I actually do 2 drags every 1 drag, the first is a long mouth inhale, the second is a sharper direct lung inhale. Both of them combined is about 20 seconds long, and it annoys my friends when I hold my finger up letting them know I'm not going to be talking for a little while.

Gives me a huge nicotine rush if I haven't had a vape in a little while, and insane throat hit.
    Richkellett888 likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sumoman25 View Post
    Hmm, I'm interested to know whether or not my method would work with other people. I was a 1/2 PAD smoker, and I got a buzz every first cigarette of the day, same results with vaping.

I actually do 2 drags every 1 drag, the first is a long mouth inhale, the second is a sharper direct lung inhale. Both of them combined is about 20 seconds long, and it annoys my friends when I hold my finger up letting them know I'm not going to be talking for a little while.

Gives me a huge nicotine rush if I haven't had a vape in a little while, and insane throat hit.
    You know something... I just tried that, and it actually worked for me. I had to repeat the process twice with a 24mg cart, but I have a nice nicotine buzz right now.

Quote Originally Posted by salventura View Post
    You know something... I just tried that, and it actually worked for me. I had to repeat the process twice with a 24mg cart, but I have a nice nicotine buzz right now.
    Awesome man, I'll have to see if it works with some more people too. A word of caution though, I can't vape the other way anymore, it's not the same

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Really, there's no way to know what nic level will work for you. Some 1/2 pack a day ultra-light smokers need 24. Some 2 pack a day Camel smokers can't take more than 12. You'll have to find it by trial and error. Expect it to change some as you go too.

Blog Entries

^^^ Truth. I was a 1.5 PAD smoker, then switched to rollies with a really strong (pipe tobacco) mix to save $$$. But I started at 18mg, and now I'm quite happy with 12mg juice. Tried 24mg once, and it was too much for me.

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Although everyone is different, 24mg strength is very high for someone who only smoked 8 cigarettes per day.
    BUt if you are getting too much nicotine your body will tell you by giving you headaches, and eventually making you feel nauseous.

So I'm a little confused... you got headaches when you STOPPED using nicotine?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast