Older Folks and Vaping - Page 101
Page 101 of 2124 FirstFirst ... 51919798991001011021031041051111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 21240
Like Tree70489Likes

Thread: Older Folks and Vaping

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Closer to Heaven every day. For now, Arkansas
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Debadoo View Post
    Sounds about like the town I lived in, 5 mins from this one. 1 blinking light in town, they have addresses, but we got mail that would have a totally wrong address, but it still got to us.

Ok folks. I need some encouragement, but also need tech help. Doesn't anyone know how to put a riva battery back together?? 3 weeks vaping today. Decided to clean a stardust. Watched the video, paused it. Hooked stardust to my battery, rocked the plastic tube to get it off the base like the video showed. Now bear in mind, I don't have much grip.....can't open most jars without an act of congress, but yeah, I totally ripped the top off my battery. The silver part where the button is. Played button, button, who's got the button......found the button......(played this game 2 more times before putting the button in a tin so I wouldn't lose it again). My kit came with two, so I can still vape except for when I'm charging (that'll be a fun 3 hrs). But I just don't have the money to replace this right now, and although the warranty is still good, I don't think this would be covered. lol When I push the innards down, it lights up, but there is a red wire sticking up that is probably supposed to attach to something in the part that came off. I know this is live and learn, and we all make mistakes, bad choices etc, but wow.....I have messed up every single thing I've done so far in one way or another. Do I need to chunk this and just wait til I can afford to replace it, or do you think I can fix it? Keeping in mind of course, that I'm a much better breaker than I am a fixer.
    Hey Deb, I would at least contact the vender you bought it from and tell them what happened. It might be covered under their warranty. You never know unless you ask.
    Yesterday is gone-We are not promised tomorrow-Live today to its fullest.
    After 45+ years of smoking I have been Smoke free since November 13, 2011

Yeah, I've been sitting here thinking about that. I can't imagine that it would be, but the worst they can do is say no.
    mattiem likes this.
    Sha'alu Shalom Yerushalayim
    Pray for the peace of Jerusalem

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

If I were driving a new car, and wrecked it while swerving to avoid a reckless driver, I wouldn't expect my dealer to replace it.
    tDCS anyone..?

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cool_Breeze View Post
    If I were driving a new car, and wrecked it while swerving to avoid a reckless driver, I wouldn't expect my dealer to replace it.
    I agree but it is possible in this case that it was a faulty item instead of user error. Maybe it shouldn't have come apart so easily.
    Last edited by mattiem; 06-15-2012 at 01:11 AM.
    williegntx likes this.

I agree also cool breeze. Which is why I keep sitting here arguing with myself about whether to even contact them. I talked to someone who's gonna help me get another battery, so even if they don't, I'll be ok. In retrospect it was probably a dumb thing to do as I don't expect the battery is supposed to be an anchor to pull off a clearo tube, but I've seen a ton of videos where folks did just that, and I really don't have much grip or strength in that arm due to nerve damage. The kit I bought was supposed to be 2 five click riva 1100 mah batts. When they came, one was a 5 click and one was a 3 click. I did write them just to ask if they were the same battery since that was different. They said they were the same, so I let it go. It's the 3 click that broke. I just need to pray about whether to contact them or not.
    Sha'alu Shalom Yerushalayim
    Pray for the peace of Jerusalem

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mattiem View Post
    I agree but it is possible in this case that it was a faulty item instead of user error. Maybe it shouldn't have come apart.
    Perhaps it shouldn't have. The couple I have taken apart were gosh-awfully hard to get into pieces.
    mattiem likes this.
    tDCS anyone..?

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cool_Breeze View Post
    Perhaps it shouldn't have. The couple I have taken apart were gosh-awfully hard to get into pieces.
    I use one of my original auto cig size batteries to remove the tubes on my clearos and they haven't attempted to come apart. That is why I was wondering if maybe Debs battery wasn't put together quite as well as it should have been.
    Suspiciousmind likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Debadoo View Post
    I agree also cool breeze. Which is why I keep sitting here arguing with myself about whether to even contact them. I talked to someone who's gonna help me get another battery, so even if they don't, I'll be ok. In retrospect it was probably a dumb thing to do as I don't expect the battery is supposed to be an anchor to pull off a clearo tube, but I've seen a ton of videos where folks did just that, and I really don't have much grip or strength in that arm due to nerve damage. The kit I bought was supposed to be 2 five click riva 1100 mah batts. When they came, one was a 5 click and one was a 3 click. I did write them just to ask if they were the same battery since that was different. They said they were the same, so I let it go. It's the 3 click that broke. I just need to pray about whether to contact them or not.
    In all the videos I have watched that is the way everyone does it so I would think you did it correctly. I do know to rock the clearo slightly as I apply pressure. To much rocking and the tube can crack but just the slightest little bit along with the pull just eases them off. I know you will do what ever you feel is right.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Semiretired View Post
    That is kind of like what I had in mind. There will be no light, just heat involved so I am going to try it.
    Sorry, I failed to give my reasoning. I live on the central Florida Gulf coast. I've kept all my jooses and DIY supplies near my non-air conditioned garage work bench. I've yet to note any deterioration of those supplies. Therefore I would follow my own recommendation if I had the fortune and pleasure to follow your itinerary.

Was stationed in the PI for a few months in '66. I must say that it's a most beautiful and bountiful country with some of the kindest folk I've met world wide!
    Semiretired and CommaHolly like this.
    If I'm awake, I vape!
    No 'bakky' since Apr 14, 2011, after 45 years of 2 PaD <insert Snoopy dance here>

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Semiretired's Avatar

Yep, and it is a good way to get away from Old Man Winter too...

If you can store it in an un-airconditioned garage then I should have no problems with what I have in mind... Thanks Iffy...
    Iffy likes this.