Older Folks and Vaping - Page 2000
Like Tree70489Likes

Thread: Older Folks and Vaping

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

One place I have found half decent juices (only one I didn't like so far) is Best E Cigarette | Buy Electronic Cigarettes | E Cig Juice - MT Baker Vapor good news is they are on hte cheaper side.

I will be honest though I DIY 99% of my juices because I am just to dang frugal to pay retail prices for something I can mostly do myself. If any of you new residents of the porch ever want to get into DIY juice there are several of us in this thread more than willing to help out. Some with far more experience than I.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Nermal's Avatar

Hey Don (from Rio Rancho), were you caught by that traffic kerfluffle on Thursday. I was, and was wondering about the local sentiment.
    How can you possibly respect a person who can only think of one way to spell a word? - Andrew Jackson (paraphrased)

Country gal Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myrany View Post
    One place I have found half decent juices (only one I didn't like so far) is Best E Cigarette | Buy Electronic Cigarettes | E Cig Juice - MT Baker Vapor good news is they are on hte cheaper side.

I will be honest though I DIY 99% of my juices because I am just to dang frugal to pay retail prices for something I can mostly do myself. If any of you new residents of the porch ever want to get into DIY juice there are several of us in this thread more than willing to help out. Some with far more experience than I.
    I get the urge to buy vendor juice at least once a year and in the end I always prefer my own DIY
    grandmato5, Iffy, Janet H and 4 others like this.

Super Member Verified Member ncpatches's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdw3258calif View Post
    Hey again everybody, and thanks Fran, Willie, Mike, David, Myrany, Iffy, and HIYA DON now YOU are the "new guy!", and ncpatches my neighbor! Thanks for pointing out the two separate areas and the focus of each -- sorry for the duplicate storytelling I did on both places. I WILL sort out who everybody is and where I am on this massive forum, I swear I will!

Y'all may be "old" but definitely don't let any grass grow under you -- what a lovely bunch of greetings in no time at all Definitely the warm welcome, feels like home already.

Iffy -- I'm working on a batch of MBV, TV, and JV at the moment, having had the painful experience of buying several good-sounding flavors from my local tobacco store where I bought my first PV -- and discovering belatedly that juices are not equal. I'm working on this whole "steeping" concept (UGH -- just means "be patient" and similar curse phrases to me!).

I could easily QUICKLY go broke buying juices alone! Going to take awhile to get smart about this. Don't like moderation, no nooooo!

ncpatches -- heya and glad to see I'm not alone here in NC! I think I saw a geographical group for us here on the Forum but it didn't seem folks have been active there in a bit. I'm just south of Raleigh -- and also just found out there is a B&M shop up in Chapel Hill -- "The Vapor Girl" I think it's called. I want to go check it out -- I've never seen a real vape store in person before, just my local cig shop that has a portion of a counter dedicated to selling crummy liquids and a few overpriced bits of hardware.

I'm too old for this all-nighter stuff, but I couldn't help it -- too much fun! I'm pretty well obsessed. OK, completely, hopelessly (but isn't it GREAT! we can stay up all night vaping our fool heads off and nothing BAD happens! No sore throat, coughing, neighbors 2 blocks down screaming that the whole street smells like cigarette smoke!). Soooo much to learn, it's endless! I have to put dowwwwwn the EVOD and the 2 EGOs (shhh, I know they're beginner items -- I have a new Itaste vv and an MVP still sitting in their unopened boxes since Friday afternoon -- I've been too busy all weekend so far vaping maniacally, eyes riveted to my laptop, to stop and figure them out and set them up! New fun straight ahead!
    Morning girl! I bought my first setup at Vapor Girl. Great place, great people. If you go, go to the factory store, they have 2 stores. Ask for Brad. He's the best and will bend over backwards to take care of you. Met the owner while I was there and she told me that most of her customers are 50+. I didn't feel so odd then. Besides, when I walked in there were 4 other customers there, all over 50. She's also over 50. The place is a little hard to find if you don't know Chapel Hill and I don't. And I forgot to take their number with me, so I had to keep stopping to ask directions.
    They also have a flavor bar and you can test flavors for free to see what you like. Warning! After about 10 flavors you can't taste anything so you might as well stop. LOL If I lived in Chapel Hill, I be there regularly, but it's 80 miles round trip for me @ 16mpg. I'm hoping to get back maybe in Jan.
    I'm also new to DIY and having a real battle with it, but I refuse to be beaten!
    I used to live right by Garner, in S Raleigh, worked at Staples, my son and dil lived in Garner and now in Holly Springs, so I know that area. Transferred to Staples here in Wake Forest 4 yrs ago.

We gotta get something going maybe in the spring, when weather is nicer.

Deb - NCPatches
    grandmato5, Janet H and Javaboy like this.

Country gal Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

10 inches of snow on the ground. UGH
    Good day to vape by the wood stove.
    grandmato5, Iffy and Janet H like this.

Just plowed snow and ice here.

Roads look clear, so maybe some Sunday grocery shopping later.

Happy Sunday everyone!
    grandmato5 likes this.
    Now celebrating 13 days without a single reportable mental health incident.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

2000 pages. We are so AWSOME!
    I love being part of this group of people because we help so many people without getting snarky.

I hope everyone plans on getting a twitter account and helping the EU today.
    3-5pm eastern time today use #EuEcigBan and #ecig in your tweets

Between 3 and 5 pm U.S. Eastern time today, I will tweet the following
    The #EuEcigBan will take lives #ecig saves lives
    Stop #EuEcigBan every #ecig prevents tobacco
    #EuEcigBan will kill millions save your rights to use the #ecig
    Janet H likes this.
    Ken A. Best smoking day of my life! Friday, Nov 2 2012. (The last time I smoked)
    Daily action plan https://www.facebook.com/VapingDaily...ref=ts&fref=ts

The Ultimate List of E-Cig Studies: Are E-Cigs Actually Safe? onVaping

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Started smoking at 15 now 55yo so... 40 yrs of smoking bought a Blu starter kit in June-2013 lasted 3 weeks and died then got an EGo 1100mah with a Protank it died (battery) in 5 weeks got a Vamo3 and used the Protank on it Protank died and bought an RSST and am quite happy with it. Planning on an SVD and KayfunClone and make the Vamo3 a backup...
    As far as the ciggies go...I was still smoking them june - oct altho i dropped from 2 PAD to 1pack a week and just reciently have gone down to 1 ciggie a day ( still cant seem to give up that morning ciggie with coffie) I tried the gums,patches, dipping, chewing and all of that never seemed to stop the cravings for the ciggies.. But Vaping wow this is real it works I have 18 ciggies left in the pack I bought 2 days ago looks like this pack will last into 2014 easily...
    Don't Trust ATOMS They Make Up Everything

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnykiller View Post
    ...still cant seem to give up that morning ciggie with coffie...
    First off, welcome aboard! Ya have 'advanced' your equipment quite rapidly.

With most folk that struggle quitting 'bakky', that first cup o' java cig is the last 'hold out'.

Good luck and please hang around!
    Flowersoul and Janet H like this.
    If I'm awake, I vape!
    No 'bakky' since Apr 14, 2011, after 45 years of 2 PaD <insert Snoopy dance here>

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iffy View Post
    First off, welcome aboard! Ya have 'advanced' your equipment quite rapidly.

With most folk that struggle quitting 'bakky', that first cup o' java cig is the last 'hold out'.

Good luck and please hang around!

I had to trick myself to finally beat that one.

STRONG menthol juice... check
    BIG mug of coffee....Check
    HOT outside at 5 am...Check

I literally kept my old routine just used a strong menthol juice instead of my cig. When we hit the part of summer where it is 95 degrees outside with 80% humidity early in the morning the habit broke.
    Last edited by Myrany; 12-15-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    williegntx, Iffy, Janet H and 2 others like this.