Older Folks and Vaping - Page 2040
Page 2040 of 2124 FirstFirst ... 1040154019401990203020362037203820392040204120422043204420502090 ... LastLast
Results 20,391 to 20,400 of 21240
Like Tree70489Likes

Thread: Older Folks and Vaping

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

[QUOTE=mdw3258calif;11745927]I love fact that now, when I really get antsy and that brings the urge to "smoke," I can just vape my head off, using whatever flavor is giving me the strongest hit, and maybe even going with the 18mg nic, to get that "ok, enough for now" sensation. [QUOTE]

Hi mdw ... you may have already thought of this, but ....

It would be a good idea to pick up a juice with more nic than 18mg to have laying around for those "antsy" times.
    Most "heavy" smokers start with 24mg when they switch to vaping.
    Using a little higher nic, you won't have to vape your head off trying to get the amount your needing.
    It can even leave your hand for a while ..

I have friends that both vape, and there's a "common use" spinner with a protank filled with 24mg juice that sits on a table where they can both grab it when their nic levels drop. (They stay busy on a farm, and forget to vape !!)

You also can just put some in a tank and set it aside (in a cool dark place).
    Then when the ants start crawling, grab it, screw it on, and puff away until all is good again.
    If you have extra batteries, just leave it attached.
    It will keep in the tank as well as in the bottle, and it's much faster to change tanks, if you have one handy, than to
    empty, rinse and refill a tank just for a few puffs, or drag out a dripper
    Works for a lot of vapers ... kind of a "security blanket".

PS, I don't think I welcomed you to the "porch", ...so howdy, have a seat.
    Last edited by Slots; 01-02-2014 at 02:36 AM.
    grandmato5, Iffy, Janet H and 2 others like this.

Doctors prescribe nicotine products for cognitive function enhancement.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Myranny, sorry you had such a day today! Hope you get your "stuff" back soon.

Meantime, here's a picture for you of the 8W, 20, Sentinel, and a Vamo (in '350 mode) for comparison.

Are e-cigs "safe"? And do they actually help you quit the stinkies?
    1) They simply have to be better for you... 3999 less chemicals.
    2) YES.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by umanbean View Post
    Myranny, sorry you had such a day today! Hope you get your "stuff" back soon.

Meantime, here's a picture for you of the 8W, 20, Sentinel, and a Vamo (in '350 mode) for comparison.

I have a sentinel clone and the vamo I don't much like my sentinel. The brass smell gets on my hands and the button keeps unscrewing. Though it is a lighter press and i can manage it.

EDIT: BTW I use orings instead of rubber bands for grip
    Last edited by Myrany; 01-02-2014 at 02:49 AM.
    Slots and Rat2chat2 like this.

ECF Veteran

On the Sentinel, I screwed the button completely apart and put a thin strip of teflon plumbers tape on the threads to stop it unscrewing. The brass smell turned me off at first too, but I made myself use/handle it, but haven't cleaned it. As the brass ages and with handling, the smell diminishes to practically unnoticeable.

Yeah, gotta get by the auto parts store and get me some o-rings.
    Rat2chat2 likes this.
    2) YES.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

On the Sentinel, I screwed the button completely apart and put a thin strip of teflon plumbers tape on the threads to stop it unscrewing. The brass smell turned me off at first too, but I made myself use/handle it, but haven't cleaned it. As the brass ages and with handling, the smell diminishes to practically unnoticeable.

Yeah, gotta get by the auto parts store and get me some o-rings.
    Not real sure what the teflon tape is but the hubby says he knows and we will look for it. Here is to hoping the smell issue does pass

BTW let me explain one thing on stuff from Second life. For a period of about 2 years I actually made a living selling my digital creations in Second Life. SO yeah its stuff just kinda important stuff
    Janet H likes this.

ECF Veteran

Actually, I regretted using quotes as soon as I posted and re-read it... but too late. Didn't mean to minimize your loss by calling it "stuff".

I do hope you get it all back.
    grandmato5 likes this.
    2) YES.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Actually, I regretted using quotes as soon as I posted and re-read it... but too late. Didn't mean to minimize your loss by calling it "stuff".

I do hope you get it all back.
    No no sweetie no offense at all. It is an online game world. TO most its just fancy pixels and totally understandable that most think that way. I was a content creator in Second Life which puts things on a different level. It is not a game to me it is a business that I have made real life money at with my digital art skills. Most folks do not even know that was ever possible (and it is arguable that it might not be possible for those coming in now, I started when the game was new).

The panic was for a very real potential real life income loss if I do not get this sorted out. No a huge one like it would have been in the past but who wouldn't miss an extra bit of cash every month?

I probably will get it back it is just so frustrating to have this happen over a holiday when there literally IS NO ONE to call to get it worked out. So I sit stewing about it and chain vaping. hehehehehehehehe
    grandmato5, Iffy, Janet H and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrany View Post
    ....It started when the WoW server crashed and took too long to come back up........Got it all fixed and vaped like a fiend. BUT I never smoked. Never really even thought about smoking.
    Ahh, Myrany Nasty cluster of events pouring in -- and you made it through! Excellent job!

I am a WoW player also (formerly Everquest and Everquest II). Great fun, great escape too. I've been absent from it a lot since I started working more hours though, and I miss it. But -- RL comes first as we all know!

EDIT: and to be able to make RL income from Second Life -- congrats! And I really hope you get it all resolved asap.
    Last edited by mdw3258calif; 01-02-2014 at 04:32 AM.
    grandmato5 and Myrany like this.
    Marla -- cigarette-free since Nov 10 2013 and LOVING VAPING! - CASAA member - newbie at 2 EGOs, 4 ITaste MVP 2.0s, 1 ITaste vv v3. Still trying to find my fave juices. Next: basic beginner dripper setup. Thanks to all here for the guidance!

Quote Originally Posted by Slots View Post
    .....It would be a good idea to pick up a juice with more nic than 18mg to have laying around for those "antsy" times. Most "heavy" smokers start with 24mg when they switch to vaping. Using a little higher nic, you won't have to vape your head off trying to get the amount your needing.
    It can even leave your hand for a while ..
    Heya, Slots, thanks for the welcome, and thanks too for this great idea. I thought that maybe I had physically pretty much withdrawn from my former level of nicotine addiction, so I shouldn't "need" the heavier e-juice levels. So I've been buying 6 or 12mg bottles.

My previous cigarettes were ultra-lights, so even though I smoked in such high quantity, I thought I shouldn't "need" a heavy dose of nicotine in my e-juice. HOWEVER, I could smoke through an entire pack pretty darned fast and pretty darned constantly chain-smoking.

So I LOVE your idea, and I think I'll do it! Now, if I could just pick a flavor that I like enough to stash as my security blanket! I think I can do that, I'll figure it out
    Iffy, Janet H and Slots like this.
    Marla -- cigarette-free since Nov 10 2013 and LOVING VAPING! - CASAA member - newbie at 2 EGOs, 4 ITaste MVP 2.0s, 1 ITaste vv v3. Still trying to find my fave juices. Next: basic beginner dripper setup. Thanks to all here for the guidance!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by mdw3258calif View Post
    Heya, Slots, thanks for the welcome, and thanks too for this great idea. I thought that maybe I had physically pretty much withdrawn from my former level of nicotine addiction, so I shouldn't "need" the heavier e-juice levels. So I've been buying 6 or 12mg bottles.

My previous cigarettes were ultra-lights, so even though I smoked in such high quantity, I thought I shouldn't "need" a heavy dose of nicotine in my e-juice. HOWEVER, I could smoke through an entire pack pretty darned fast and pretty darned constantly chain-smoking.

So I LOVE your idea, and I think I'll do it! Now, if I could just pick a flavor that I like enough to stash as my security blanket! I think I can do that, I'll figure it out
    FOr me the harder thing to break was the habits that go with smoking. Like needing that jolt first thing in the morning. So I tend to keep my higher nic for use first thing in the morning (or in emergencies like last night hehehehehe). For that jolt I started with a pretty neutral flavor like a mint or a menthol. Strong enough flavor that even with vapors tongue I still get SOMETHING from it.

Leave the fancy stuff for the rest of the day.

Just what works for me YMMV.
    Iffy, Slots, Rat2chat2 and 1 others like this.