Older Folks and Vaping - Page 2048
Page 2048 of 2124 FirstFirst ... 1048154819481998203820442045204620472048204920502051205220582098 ... LastLast
Results 20,471 to 20,480 of 21240
Like Tree70489Likes

Thread: Older Folks and Vaping

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Another belated Happy Birthday wish for you Iffy! The Sophia is another great looking topper...great adjustability etc. I may have to put that one my wish list!
    Iffy, Slots and 0mg Meniere like this.
    "IF vaping flavored e-juice is a gateway to cigarettes - pot - hard drugs;
    then flavored water is a gateway to pop, beer, wine, and hard liquor."---Agree! (Stolen from skydivntrkr)

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Diver + extra ceramic cups + IBTanked ordered
    grandmato5, Iffy, Janet H and 2 others like this.

Senior Member Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

"No Fuss, No Mess" did not always turn out simple. Early ecigs would break down more often than not.
    The batteries depleted too soon, so in came the big battery mods.
    It's only these days that the 'Tanks' (clearomizers) have solved the problem with cartridges.

A lot of the DIY stuff was done cos some of us knew it would be cheaper than the items online.
    The point here is that a lot of the hype folks see is mainly smoke and mirrors.

Older folks only need to remember one thing. Heat+Liquid=Vapour. What we are holding is just a coil on a battery.
    That's all, everything else is decoration.
    I've bought many types of stuff but I always end up with a basic mechanical homemade box-mod. i.e A plastic box to
    hold batteries, a switch and a socket for a standard 510 atty. Two drops of e-liquid and I'm ready to go.

Once u have a reliable mod, then for supplies, you just have to make sure have plenty of e-liquid and atties/or/tanks. (Just like
    some of used to stock up with cartons of cigs).
    And that's it. Vapour replaces smoke. There's really no excuse not to stay with vapour.
    Last edited by humpty; 01-06-2014 at 03:31 PM. Reason: typo
    grandmato5, Iffy, MikeE3 and 5 others like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

GUys I got a battery question for you all.

One of my 2 original EFest 18350s (about 8 months old). I charged it fully last week and stuck it in its plastic box. Went to stick it in my gripper this morning and nothing. So I took it out and used the DMM on it. .7 Volts Now I know that is stupid low for that battery. SO....

Is it safe to even try to charge it (Nitecore i4)?
    What can cause a fully charged battery that is not in contact with anything to discharge like that in a week?
    Slots likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by humpty View Post
    "No Fuss, No Mess" did not always turn out simple. Early ecigs would break down more often than not.
    The batteries depleted too soon, so in came the big battery mods.
    It's only these days that the 'Tanks' (clearomizers) have solved the problem with cartridges.

A lot of the DIY stuff was done cos some of us knew it would be cheaper than the items online.
    The point here is that a lot of the hype folks see is mainly smoke and mirrors.

Older folks only need to remember one thing. Heat+Liquid=Vapour. What we are holding is just a coil on a battery.
    That's all, everything else is decoration.
    I've bought many types of stuff but I always end up with a basic mechanical homemade box-mod. i.e A plastic box to
    hold batteries, a switch and a socket for a standard 510 atty. Two drops of e-liquid and I'm ready to go.

Once u have a reliable mod, then for supplies, you just have to make sure have plenty of e-liquid and atties/or/tanks. (Just like
    some of used to stock up with cartons of cigs).
    And that's it. Vapour replaces smoke. There's really no excuse not to stay with vapour.
    I wish I could make my own simple box mods but unfortunately I have an unholy fear of soldering irons LOL. I will stick to my simple mechs and rebuildable toppers. I already DIY. I have enough nic to last me years (because I rarely use any at this point). I DIY 95% of my juices.

Life is good. Not smoking is better.
    grandmato5, Iffy, lulu836 and 2 others like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

To be fair... A lot of the hype is also "collector mania".
    Having been a pipe smoker, I understand it.
    I try to control it, but usually have the same success I did with pipes.
    I now have two mods that I will use only occasionally, if at all. Just because I like the way they look.

Former cigarette smokers catch the mania and start to panic, because this is not something they have ever dealt with. They pass it off as trying to get the best and newest.
    Just try to remember that if what you have works, then the ONLY reason to get something else is for personal collection value. That way, you can make your decision based on if you would be satisfied to have it just because.
    grandmato5, Iffy, MikeE3 and 6 others like this.
    Ken A. Best smoking day of my life! Friday, Nov 2 2012. (The last time I smoked)
    Daily action plan https://www.facebook.com/VapingDaily...ref=ts&fref=ts

The Ultimate List of E-Cig Studies: Are E-Cigs Actually Safe? onVaping

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

For me, it was a question of trying enough different things to be comfortable with issues of reliability.

Easy to pop into nearly anywhere and get a pack of smokes. Not so easy for a vaper, as they may not have the flavor / strength I want, or the parts I need, or an already charged battery

Of course, I still don't go out without at least 2 full rigs, filled and fully charged. Either of which will probably get me through a day.

And yup, the BSS (bright shiny syndrome) is insidious! No, I didn't NEED that new mod...

I hear you, Ken. Ex pipe smoker as well as ex cig smoker, and my 45+ briars, meerschaums, clays and rosewoods are all gathering dust.
    Iffy, MikeE3, Janet H and 2 others like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myrany View Post
    One of my 2 original EFest 18350s (about 8 months old). I charged it fully last week and stuck it in its plastic box. Went to stick it in my gripper this morning and nothing. So I took it out and used the DMM on it. .7 Volts
    This might be a weird answer, but having experience in this area ... did you check the charge on the battery before you put it away.
    I don't , ... maybe it's seen it's last gasp, and didn't charge at all.
    I would re-charge it, and then check it when it says it's done (just to see)
    I don't know about you, but sometimes it can be something simple I never thought about checking, and I didn't catch it.
    I just assumed !!
    Janet H and DavidOck like this.

Doctors prescribe nicotine products for cognitive function enhancement.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

One of my 2 original EFest 18350s (about 8 months old). I charged it fully last week and stuck it in its plastic box. Went to stick it in my gripper this morning and nothing. So I took it out and used the DMM on it. .7 Volts Now I know that is stupid low for that battery. SO....

What can cause a fully charged battery that is not in contact with anything to discharge like that in a week?
    I would just get rid of the battery. Way too low IMO to trust it, especially since you don't know what caused it too get that low.

Since there "could" be a problem with the charger (not saying there is just playing it safe) I'd be checking the voltage before and after charging any batteries for a few days just to be sure everything is ok with it.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I had 6 efest 18350 batteries used in rotation and they all started to go belly up about the same time. I think they were 10-11 months old. I've read that efests aren't considered the best IMRs with EH and AW being considered better. I bought some EH flat tops from Madvapes for $3.69 ea. The do seem to last longer than the efests did when new but relying on my memory is not the smartest move one could make.
    Janet H, Slots and Myrany like this.

Semper Fi!
    When you go to sleep, say a prayer for those who stay awake for you.