Older Folks and Vaping - Page 2050
Page 2050 of 2124 FirstFirst ... 1050155019502000204020462047204820492050205120522053205420602100 ... LastLast
Results 20,491 to 20,500 of 21240
Like Tree70489Likes

Thread: Older Folks and Vaping

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_A View Post
    Glad you figured it out! I've managed to stay away from the rebuildable a so far.... I know I would spend the next 6 months locked away playing with them.... Just for fun!
    That is a bad thing?

The hubby loves that I am doing this. I don't groan about trips to the hardware store anymore. LOL

Country gal Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm still keeping it simple. I hate having to fiddle with stuff so I can vape.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by FranC View Post
    I'm still keeping it simple. I hate having to fiddle with stuff so I can vape.
    I've probably got close to 20 RBAs and since Thanksgiving I'm been using nothing but - Davide toppers. Maybe once the new flooring is done I'll have some fiddle time and break 'em out again.

Watts do not matter. Its all about wire temperature.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Myrany View Post
    That is a bad thing?

The hubby loves that I am doing this. I don't groan about trips to the hardware store anymore. LOL
    checking my voice mail and finding messages from my family 3 weeks old asking if I'm still alive? bad.
    going online to discover that some major event (like a world war) occurred 2 months ago? bad.
    Only doing any of those things because the lights don't work because I forgot to pay bills? very bad!!!!!
    grandmato5, Iffy, MikeE3 and 4 others like this.
    Ken A. Best smoking day of my life! Friday, Nov 2 2012. (The last time I smoked)
    Daily action plan https://www.facebook.com/VapingDaily...ref=ts&fref=ts

The Ultimate List of E-Cig Studies: Are E-Cigs Actually Safe? onVaping

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Semiretired's Avatar

As I understand it with the making and selling of batteries - the quality is determined by the quality / density of the lithium in the battery. I am not sure of the details, but when they make the batteries - they are sold in lots by this quality / density level. Your AW, Panasonic, etc. batts are the ones that came out of the manufacturing process better - they last longer when you use them (hold a better charge) and will last longer before you need to replace them (take more charges - as long as you are not over charging them)... The other point is the circuit quality in the protected batts - they are added by the battery brand (Efest adds or has someone add the circuits for them). The batts that are rated at a higher level sell for a more premium price - the lower quality ones are cheaper.

Lithium is a very expensive ingredient - no one is going to sell you a higher quality batt for a less than profitable price. Now this is not saying that when AW or who ever buys the higher quality batts that they do not get duds - but there is a less of a chance for this with the higher quality batts. That is also the reason for fakes - buy the lower quality batts and wrap them with the higher quality skins... Not an expert on this - but I have read a lot.

If I got it wrong - please enlighten me. I buy the better ones from what I believe are trusted sources...

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Good Mornin' Folks,

First, I'm way late to the party, but... HAPPY BIRTHDAY IFFY!

brrrrrr... It's 12 deg. under my carport!... and that's on a digital remote therm. inside a box.. the open air one outside the kitchen window says 8! That's cold to this ol' Georgia boy, ya'll!

OT:

MikeE3, your 13"+ PV looks like my Vamo "feels" to me in '650 mode w/ a Puritank on it! Too long!... I gotta stock up on '350s.

Myranny, glad you got your KFL figured out... there's a lot of buzz about the KFL+/91% clones lately, it's all over ECF. I'll probably get one eventually, play with it awhile, give up, and then it can join the AGA T2 and RSST in my vapocalypse box.

On a positive note (for vaping in general): I heard an ad on the radio this morning for Madvapes - on a nationally syndicated morning show!!! where many of their commercials are read "live" by one host, the other host comments, and a "conversation" ensues. They talked "live" about Madvapes' good products and C.S., but also about how good e-cigs are in general. They stopped short of actually saying e-cigs could be used to quit smoking, but they danced all around it. Sounds like MV is going to be a regular sponsor... hopefully so. Goooo Madvapes!

To users of "big-batt" mods, "Y'all be careful out there."

I had an 18650 (almost?) go into "run-away" mode this weekend!

Luckily, I was in the laundry room (aka my vape lab), just a step away from an outside door. I had a towel spread out on the dryer, changing batts and filling toppers. Took a '350 out of the Magneto, screwed out the inner tube, put in a fresh '650, and screwed the top back on with an Evod/510 adapter still attached. Before I could even put it down, it got really HOT, really fast. I unscrewed the top, dumped the HOT batt. out, and took a step back. A few seconds later, I heard a "snap" and "sizzle" from the batt. so I grabbed it with a towel, stepped outside and threw it on the ground. It never burned or "exploded", but over 5 minutes later it was still too hot to handle, and the temp. was in the 30's that day, so I left it alone for another 1/2 hour.

I don't blame this on the battery, somehow the mod must have "dead shorted" it. I guess the fact that it didn't even swell up is a testament to the design safety and quality of construction of the Sony 10A (SE US18650V3, green one). But this one's now at 1.53v, so it's toast.

I don't know for sure if this was my fault or not, but I do know one thing:

I'll never again re-assemble a mech mod with a topper still attached!
    Are e-cigs "safe"? And do they actually help you quit the stinkies?
    1) They simply have to be better for you... 3999 less chemicals.
    2) YES.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by umanbean View Post
    Good Mornin' Folks,

First, I'm way late to the party, but... HAPPY BIRTHDAY IFFY!

brrrrrr... It's 12 deg. under my carport!... and that's on a digital remote therm. inside a box.. the open air one outside the kitchen window says 8! That's cold to this ol' Georgia boy, ya'll!

OT:

MikeE3, your 13"+ PV looks like my Vamo "feels" to me in '650 mode w/ a Puritank on it! Too long!... I gotta stock up on '350s.

Myranny, glad you got your KFL figured out... there's a lot of buzz about the KFL+/91% clones lately, it's all over ECF. I'll probably get one eventually, play with it awhile, give up, and then it can join the AGA T2 and RSST in my vapocalypse box.

On a positive note (for vaping in general): I heard an ad on the radio this morning for Madvapes - on a nationally syndicated morning show!!! where many of their commercials are read "live" by one host, the other host comments, and a "conversation" ensues. They talked "live" about Madvapes' good products and C.S., but also about how good e-cigs are in general. They stopped short of actually saying e-cigs could be used to quit smoking, but they danced all around it. Sounds like MV is going to be a regular sponsor... hopefully so. Goooo Madvapes!

To users of "big-batt" mods, "Y'all be careful out there."

Luckily, I was in the laundry room (aka my vape lab), just a step away from an outside door. I had a towel spread out on the dryer, changing batts and filling toppers. Took a '350 out of the Magneto, screwed out the inner tube, put in a fresh '650, and screwed the top back on with an Evod/510 adapter still attached. Before I could even put it down, it got really HOT, really fast. I unscrewed the top, dumped the HOT batt. out, and took a step back. A few seconds later, I heard a "snap" and "sizzle" from the batt. so I grabbed it with a towel, stepped outside and threw it on the ground. It never burned or "exploded", but over 5 minutes later it was still too hot to handle, and the temp. was in the 30's that day, so I left it alone for another 1/2 hour.

I don't blame this on the battery, somehow the mod must have "dead shorted" it. I guess the fact that it didn't even swell up is a testament to the design safety and quality of construction of the Sony 10A (SE US18650V3, green one). But this one's now at 1.53v, so it's toast.

I don't know for sure if this was my fault or not, but I do know one thing:

I'll never again re-assemble a mech mod with a topper still attached!
    Yikes! Glad this didn't have a tragedy ending. Good post in that it reminds us to respect how we handle our batts / PVs, though.

Watts do not matter. Its all about wire temperature.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MikeE3 View Post
    Yikes! Glad this didn't have a tragedy ending. Good post in that it reminds us to respect how we handle our batts / PVs, though.
    Eric Gormley even goes so far as to say DO NOT STACK BATTERIES! He is very proactive on liability issues.
    umanbean and williegntx like this.
    ...taking deep, direct lung hits off a mega vapor producing mod is like sniffing the flower so hard that you actually snort it right up your nose. (from poster cxm322)

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 0mg Meniere View Post
    Eric Gormley even goes so far as to say DO NOT STACK BATTERIES! He is very proactive on liability issues.
    I'm no expert about stacking batteries, but I have read about the danger of doing so in several places. So, I quit doing that. But, umanbean was speaking about a single battery (18650). But, still a good idea (your Post) for anyone to be especially cautious if they are stacking batteries.

umanbean, Janet H and Ken_A like this.
    "IF vaping flavored e-juice is a gateway to cigarettes - pot - hard drugs;
    then flavored water is a gateway to pop, beer, wine, and hard liquor."---Agree! (Stolen from skydivntrkr)

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MikeE3 View Post
    I've probably got close to 20 RBAs and since Thanksgiving I'm been using nothing but - Davide toppers. Maybe once the new flooring is done I'll have some fiddle time and break 'em out again.
    Pretty much the same here Mike. I've got lots of RBA's that work perfectly fine and a few I've never attempted to use but they've been sitting for months now in favor of other juice deleivery methods. I'm sure someday I'll go back to using them