Older Folks and Vaping - Page 2100
Page 2100 of 2124 FirstFirst ... 110016002000205020902096209720982099210021012102210321042110 ... LastLast
Results 20,991 to 21,000 of 21240
Like Tree70489Likes

Thread: Older Folks and Vaping

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

So we had a bad chimney fire today, and the fire department wouldn't let us go back in, but they were super nice when they got our meds about also getting my pvs (and chargers) and juice. And, one who was a smoker had lots of questions about how it works, so I may have gained a convert. At least one positive out of the deal.
    mmsjs5, grandmato5, Iffy and 4 others like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Closer to Heaven every day. For now, Arkansas
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amoret View Post
    So we had a bad chimney fire today, and the fire department wouldn't let us go back in, but they were super nice when they got our meds about also getting my pvs (and chargers) and juice. And, one who was a smoker had lots of questions about how it works, so I may have gained a convert. At least one positive out of the deal.
    I only liked this one because of the friendly fireman. That had to have been a scary situation. I hope there wasn't to much damage.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mattiem View Post
    I only liked this one because of the friendly fireman. That had to have been a scary situation. I hope there wasn't to much damage.
    Won't really know how bad the damage is until tomorrow. Not so much scary as frustrating, since it was on top of a really bad year. Right now the main issue is being hungry, since our car wouldn't start, so the red cross and fire department got us to a motel but the only restaurant in walking distance was closed and there is no delivery. One disadvantage of small town living.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by amoret View Post
    Won't really know how bad the damage is until tomorrow. Not so much scary as frustrating, since it was on top of a really bad year. Right now the main issue is being hungry, since our car wouldn't start, so the red cross and fire department got us to a motel but the only restaurant in walking distance was closed and there is no delivery. One disadvantage of small town living.
    Seriously call some churches and the salvation army, they will come through with a meal at least in most cases.

Edit: ANd if there is a dominos or papa johns in town they WILL deliver to a hotel or motel if you meet them n the lobby
    Iffy, Janet H and mattiem like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks, but we're talking small town. No delivery at all, no salvation army, and calling a church would just roust the pastor out of bed. I've had a lot worse things happen to me than missing a meal. (Though my husband is a little cranky about it)

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

amoret,

Just sittin' here frustrated for and with ya!

Does the hotel offer a 'breakfast' in da AM? Maybe ya could talk da desk clerk into opening da cupboard tonight.
    Janet H and mattiem like this.
    If I'm awake, I vape!
    No 'bakky' since Apr 14, 2011, after 45 years of 2 PaD <insert Snoopy dance here>

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

So sorry to read abt the fire amoret Glad everyone is ok and it wasn't worse then it was. Living in small towns has it disadvantages Really glad the firemen were able to get your med and vaping stuff for ya. Good Luck !
    Iffy, Janet H and mattiem like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Good luck tomorrow - hope it's only minor!
    grandmato5 and Janet H like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks all. It's not something that I can change, so I don't let it upset me. Stuff happens, and it could have been much worse.

We were all warming up in the ambulance and the crew was having fun playing with their new equipment that lets them test carbon monoxide levels. The only person with a high level was the smoker, so that may have spurred his interest. Especially when the EMT was explaining the normal levels for smokers and non-smokers.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I'm glad you are OK, and VERY glad that they are intrested (at least one of them) in the PVs.
    will send prayers your way, since I cannot send pizza. Let us know when you are back in the house and if you need anything.
    Ken A. Best smoking day of my life! Friday, Nov 2 2012. (The last time I smoked)
    Daily action plan https://www.facebook.com/VapingDaily...ref=ts&fref=ts

The Ultimate List of E-Cig Studies: Are E-Cigs Actually Safe? onVaping