Older Folks and Vaping - Page 4
Page 4 of 2124 FirstFirst 1234567814541045041004 ... LastLast
Like Tree70489Likes

Thread: Older Folks and Vaping

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Although I'd like to, I don't have the time to follow another thread .. especially since it may head in the same direction as the last from what I'm seeing ..
    Iffy likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hey folks, young and old (wise). I'm 65, smoked for 50 yrs. and been vaping for about two months. I started with an Apollo Extreme kit , augmented with two extra batteries and another charger and I used cartomizers. That was good until I started hanging here and then I had to move up a notch.

I liked Apollo's service, quality and free shipping so I got a TGo kit which is compatible with the Extreme. I did not have any luck using the atomizers so I stuck with cartomizers. I vape a lot and the constant filling was cutting into my leisure and nap time. Well, hanging here I learned about dual coil MEGA cartomizers and they helped because they hold so much more juice. Also, cooler vapor and better flavor has been my experience. Reduced battery time has not been an issue; the 900 mah batteries keep up with one in use and one charging.

Then I found out about tanks and had to have one. It came today and I love it. Of course, the TGo batteries won't last forever so I've ordered a Gripper, batteries and charger and MEGA single coil cartos for it . It's a good thing my wife has begun to use the Extremes so I could make more room on my desk.

I can pass on one pearl beyond satisfying my need for nicotine and new toys. The 2nd and 3rd generation e cig products produce a more consistent and satisfying vapor. I am cutting my juice back from 24 mg. to 12 mg and hope to keep going to zero. I don't know if I'll ever quit vaping...I'm having a lot of fun and meeting a lot of nice people.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I will represent the senior citizen crowd...My name is Ron and I am 36 years old. I have been smoking since I was 16 and recently quit as of February 2012. Hate them as most do but I have to give all the credit to Blu! I of course have passed that on to my father in law and now use and enjoy eGo and eGo styles. Picked up that darn Blu cig and threw the rest of my pack in the trash, never looked back!

Ron -
    Last edited by rookbartley989; 05-21-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJack View Post
    Hi everyone. Been lurking in the other thread for sometime now and thought I would introduce myself. Have been a smoker for over 50 yrs and vaped and smoked for three. Recently had a stroke and was told "no more ciggies". My neurologist recommended e-cigs. That was doable for me and here I am two months and 19 days without an analog and getting along just fine with the help of my Saber Touch and Chuck and WTA. You are a great group and I love the stories you tell.
    Hi Applejack - Sorry to hear about your stroke - VERY SCARY- hoping everythings ok w/you now; sure sounds like it. Don't you just loving telling people you're vaping on doctor's orders?
    my4jewels and brown study like this.

Resting In Peace ECF Veteran txtumbleweed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blkhwk07 View Post
    Hello,
    just wanted to stop in and Hi (since it's easier to find). I usually post in the middle age thread, but I think new members would find it here easier. I've never looked in the lounge since being a member!
    To keep on topic, I'll try not to talk about fishing,grandchildren,or what restaurant the wife and I are going to eat at.
    So, I was a smoker for about 35 years and could not quit no matter what I tried. That is until I found vaping.
    As usual I started with what I thought I needed,something that felt,looked, even juice that tasted like a cig. Then moved on to a Kgo battery after endless charging of the cig style. Also found I didn't want the cig flavor.
    Welcome blkhwk07 glad to have ya on board. That is pretty much how we all started wanting a cig type pv and tobacco flavor.
    I started with a 801 penstyle myself though which was before ego size were available. I knew battery life would be important and the 801 lasted about twice as long as the 510 and 901. I also tried both of those but liked the 801 best so it was my main vape until ego's and Rivas came along then the 1300 Mah Go-Go came out and I became a member of the Go-Go Nation. Then the 1300 Echo auto came out and I always liked autos so it became my main PV along with the Go-Go. I also picked up a Kgo battery for my 510 cartos and it works very good as well. I tried all the ego stuff along the way but the ego-t was the last ego specific device I've tried other than the ego Twist which is working real good. The last couple of months I've been using VV quite a lot being as I bought a couple of LT's an 18650 and a mini and I'm liking those as well.
    Last edited by txtumbleweed; 05-21-2012 at 09:12 PM.
    blkhwk07 and dorkpixie like this.
    This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I'd like to give Txtumbleweed a standing ovation for starting this thread (clap-clap) Thank you!! Now, getting down to business - can I pick some brains here & find out which cartos or clearos everyone likes. I'm having a hard time settling on one. Nothing cleans the way people claim - I'm getting burnt taste out of others & getting VERY FRUSTATED. I'm looking for one that holds A LOT of juice; I have the vision 1, 2-3, some other vision that holds 3.5ml. & various others - just looking for that one. Any???

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

What kind of pv do you use?
    deltadiva likes this.
    No analogs since 5-5-11
    I am a DIY'ingcartotankingwoodmodaholic!
    2 Redsky mods, 8 ManCave mods, 1 Grip, 2 Wildman mods, 1 Hogmod, and a BoggerBox.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moishesmom View Post
    I'd like to give Txtumbleweed a standing ovation for starting this thread (clap-clap) Thank you!! Now, getting down to business - can I pick some brains here & find out which cartos or clearos everyone likes. I'm having a hard time settling on one. Nothing cleans the way people claim - I'm getting burnt taste out of others & getting VERY FRUSTATED. I'm looking for one that holds A LOT of juice; I have the vision 1, 2-3, some other vision that holds 3.5ml. & various others - just looking for that one. Any???
    What she said
    moishesmom and deltadiva like this.
    Elbert aka Pinkie

Blog Entries

txtumbleweed

I belive you pointed me to a pipe bowl that was reasonably prices and looked good.
    I seemed to have lost the link and I do not remember the name or where.

please help this feeble memory.
    Elbert aka Pinkie

jj2
    Tigger Girl Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jj2 View Post
    Smoked on and off for around 40 years. More on than off. I was diagnosed with COPD when I had a really bad bought of breathing problems. Of course I kept having them and they came more often over the following years.
    Even so I had no intention of quitting. Over three years ago, I got my first ecig for the purpose of using it while visiting my daughter. I figured it was something to get me through until I returned home where 5 1/2 cartons of analogs awaited me.
    I was at my daughter's for three weeks and it became obvious that vaping worked. By the time I got home, I was feeling the health improvements: No more inhaler. No more Advair. It was so obvious that vaping worked.
    I can't say that there haven't been any frustrating moments over the last 3 years but I've stuck with it and have been analog free since March 20,2009!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by txtumbleweed View Post
    Wow great story jj2. What did you do with the five cartons? Three years cig free is awesome. You have me beat by 8 months! You will have to come back and share your journey of what pv you started with and how you got to what you use now.
    I sold some of the cartons and gave the rest away. I also gave away all my DIY stuff. The guy was so grateful that he cut down a tree for us.

I ordered the first ecig on the Internet but it was obvious that it wasn't going to arrive before I went to my daughter's so I started calling tobacco stores. After several calls, I found one that sold the Smoke 51. It actually worked pretty well but expensive.

The one that I order arrived about a week after I got home. It was a RN4081 (same as the Njoy). For back then, it worked pretty good but tinkering was a must. I think I tried every cart mod that came down the pike. Never really found one I loved.

Next one was a SkyRL (DSE102). Totally unheard of now but it was a great little mini but batteries didn't last long. Of course no battery lasted long which got me to prod DH a bit to look into something that would. That was the box mod which we found at ECF. And, even though I own an Ego & 510 kit, I still mainly use the box mod.

Then came the clearos. I more or less said goodbye to attys. Even though the clearos work really great with just a little modding, I sort of keep an eye out how to make them better and the new stuff coming out.
    williegntx and my4jewels like this.