Older Folks and Vaping - Page 51
Page 51 of 2124 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455611011515511051 ... LastLast
Like Tree70489Likes

Thread: Older Folks and Vaping

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by elbertdee View Post
    Howdy CharlieGirl
    Im only on like day 21, but there is something missing. Only doing 3-5 a day, better than 17-20.
    There are times for me that the Top of my Lungs fgeel empty, just the very top.
    I have tried to get it satisfied with the E-smoke , but it just doesn't. A few puffs on a tobacco and it seems happy.
    Since my main reason for stopping tobacco was not heath so much as wanting to respect that sacred plant Im trying not to try thew WTA. Just doing the best I can and paying attention when I do have a tobacco.
    For me when I do have one. I do ask that Tobacco and Creator to help with letting go of this last bit.
    I think those of us who are less will to let go of the tobacco than others don't say much because of all the "I haven't picked up a cigarette since my XXX got here.
    I love my VOLT and it serves me well. I am hoping if I listen to myself and pay attention I can change my relationship with the tobacco. I don't think some of my unwillingness has anything to do with my body, There is still something Im not willing to let go of.
    Some of adabpt to change slower than others.
    We will adapt.
    Elbert, I appreciate what you are trying to accomplish, but I think you've been hoodwinked. Nicotine extraction is an arbitrary, man made decision, based on the belief that nicotine alone was the most addictive part of tobacco. If you actually want to stay closer to the spirit of the sacred plant, you would definitely be more respectful to take more of what the natural plant offers, not what man decides you should have, correct? In that case, the whole tobacco alkaloids are taken or extracted along with nicotine, giving you a more complete version of true tobacco, only minus the bad stuff. Nothing is added to tobacco as some seem to think, it is just that those other alkaloids are left in and not thrown away (which to me is disrespectful to a sacred plant,) and then are all extracted together with the nicotine to create the WTA fluids. This utilizes ALL of the important alkaloids, not just nicotine alone, and some of us DO need and feel the missing alkaloids!!! Not all, but some. Elbert, you do sound like someone who could benefit from it. You are still turning to and getting the satisfaction of the WTA's from your tobacco, there would be NO difference getting them from your vape except that you wouldn't have to be inhaling all the nasty additives in smoke. Remember, WTA's are NOT additives, they are a natural part of sacred tobacco. Maybe I am missing something, but I don't quite understand why you wouldn't give it a shot anyway? All the best!
    old hippy likes this.

ECF Veteran

Lol.. that's a cool story.

In MA here you aren't allowed to vape everywhere. Certainly not at work. And when I vape out and about I get asked if I'm vaping weed. I wish I could go vape somewhere in a bar or restaurant.. that'd be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeE3 View Post
    I vape everywhere I go. Super markets, pumping gas, restaurants, airports, (not on a plane yet). Depending on the place I do try to be discrete. My favorite place I vaped, just had to do it, was in the country court house. Once in a store a clerk turn into the aisle just as i was exhaling. He looked at me like he was gonna give me the what-fors for smoking, I just held up the PV and said, it's not a cigarette, nothings burning, it's my personal vaporizer. He looked at me quizzically, then turned and walked away. It probably helped that it was my ProVari w/ a tank and looked nothing like a cigarette.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by old hippy View Post
    Hi dKat56,
    I have been vaping since 5/17/2010 and use Boge carto's exclusively.
    Also use mostly vg and do not dilute it - it just takes a bit longer to "sink in" on a new carto.
    I fill new cartos by dripping into them-blow on the carto gently to warm the vg and it goes into the carto quickly.
    Then add a couple more drops and blow again until the carto is saturated.
    If you put too much in, and it drips out, just use a kleenex and blow the excess out.
    This way it only takes about 2 minutes to fill a new carto. easy !!
    And I don't taste the poly fill either , am on a budget also.

Another thing, yes, I do slip with a real cig when the panic hits and have learned not to hate myself for self medicating.
    My Doctor told me years ago, that the stress/panic attacks will kill me before the cigs would,
    and not to even try quitting smoking.
    But, I am about 95% vaping only, for 2 years now..

And also, yes, vaping is expensive at first, but fits my budget of approx $20.00 a month now.
    ( and really could go for months without spending anything-but-but want a new flavor -LOL !!)
    (excuse any typos, please)
    Hi old hippy

Thank you - that is really encouraging to me. I'm waiting for my first pack of Boge cartos to get here. I love the tank system too much to let go of the idea though, so I also got type B body, atomizer and tank so I can try that using PG based liquid mostly and see how that goes. The atomizers are about half the price of the 510-T ones since you don't have to buy the whole assembly. I plan to use the cartos mainly for my VG and hoping they will work as well for me as they do for you. Hopefully I won't taste the poly fill either - I hate that taste LOL. I'm hoping to get my spending down to about $20 a month also. Glad to here it actually is possible
    old hippy likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by txtumbleweed View Post
    Anyone looking for an Ego Twist DV has the 900 for 23.00 which is a very good price. eGo C Twist Variable Voltage White
    WOW that is a great price. I hope they will still have them for that same price (and that I will remember WHERE that was) when I get the money to get one. That is the next thing on my wish list! And the last other than wanting to try a few flavors I haven't tried yet.

ECF Veteran

Thanks again to all of you who shared your vaping in public experiences. I've been quite curious about that, and have felt like people might be very upset with me if I do it. I mean, I do go outside like I've always done in order to smoke, but never indoors and feel I'd most likely ask first. People here are SO against smoking - I've had so many mean looks and comments from people when I've smoked outside a restaurant.

Have a great night everyone!
    old hippy, Janet H and Semiretired like this.

Blog Entries

CharlieGirl
    I understand what you are saying and I may change my mind in a few days or weeks or ..

My goal is not not use any tobacco except as offering.
    I have some Hopi tobacco my nephew grows, its as natural as you can get.
    And the stuff he has grown is the mildest natural tobacco Ive ever smoked.

The nic part Im weaning off of , but the nic is not only from tobacco
    It took me 3 years to completely get off of Ready Rolls and only RYO
    I went to RYO so I would be more aware of rolling and smoking and it was/is cheaper.
    After 3 years I got where Ready Rolls tasted not good.

I did figure out how to make the top of my lungs happy. I draw the e-smoke into just the very top of my lungs and the top doesn't feel left out. It is also good diaphragm control practice.

My biggest issue is a 49 year habit that has brought me comfort all these years.
    The taking out pouch of tobacco,getting a paper in my mouth, smelling the Virginia long cut,grabbing about a thin quarters worth, closing the pouch and putting it under my arm , putting it in the paper and distributing it evenly and rolling it up and licking it closed.
    Taking out my zippo lighter opening it and lighting the tobacco.
    Watching the smoke and playing with it. vapor I can do this with.
    The 29 or so years before RYO, it was taking out the pack turnng it upside down , packing the tobacco then pulling one out etc etc...

My goal is to change the habit to one that is less harmful(according to many) and not using any tobacco and no nicotine either.
    That may take a while, but it is my ultimate goal.

did that clear it up or make it muddier.
    I may be missing something as well.

Thanks for the input, I do listen and look .
    Elbert aka Pinkie

ECF Veteran

CharlieGirl
    I understand what you are saying and I may change my mind in a few days or weeks or ..

My goal is not not use any tobacco except as offering.
    I have some Hopi tobacco my nephew grows, its as natural as you can get.
    And the stuff he has grown is the mildest natural tobacco Ive ever smoked.

The nic part Im weaning off of , but the nic is not only from tobacco
    It took me 3 years to completely get off of Ready Rolls and only RYO
    I went to RYO so I would be more aware of rolling and smoking and it was/is cheaper.
    After 3 years I got where Ready Rolls tasted not good.

I did figure out how to make the top of my lungs happy. I draw the e-smoke into just the very top of my lungs and the top doesn't feel left out. It is also good diaphragm control practice.

My biggest issue is a 49 year habit that has brought me comfort all these years.
    The taking out pouch of tobacco,getting a paper in my mouth, smelling the Virginia long cut,grabbing about a thin quarters worth, closing the pouch and putting it under my arm , putting it in the paper and distributing it evenly and rolling it up and licking it closed.
    Taking out my zippo lighter opening it and lighting the tobacco.
    Watching the smoke and playing with it. vapor I can do this with.
    The 29 or so years before RYO, it was taking out the pack turnng it upside down , packing the tobacco then pulling one out etc etc...

My goal is to change the habit to one that is less harmful(according to many) and not using any tobacco and no nicotine either.
    That may take a while, but it is my ultimate goal.

did that clear it up or make it muddier.
    I may be missing something as well.

Thanks for the input, I do listen and look .
    Thank you Elbert, that clarified things a lot. I have a lot of respect for your goals, very admirable. I am glad to hear your are finding your way and coming up with ingenious solutions to your problems, commendable! In retrospect, I should have just minded my own business anyway, you really don't owe me or anyone else any explanations, I apologize. Well, at least you know what is available even if it only used temporarily to scale the hurdle and help you to the finish line. I'm sure we can all relate to the comfort of the old habit and the built in reward it brings, and how much we miss it when it is no longer with us, like losing a best friend. I am very confident that whatever route you ultimately take, you will succeed! Thank you for your input and the sharing of your stories too! You are a joy, so glad you found us!
    Last edited by CharlieGirl; 05-31-2012 at 04:48 AM. Reason: added text

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
    Thank you Elbert, that clarified things a lot. I have a lot of respect for your goals, very admirable. I am glad to hear your are finding your way and coming up with ingenious solutions to your problems, commendable! In retrospect, I should have just minded my own business anyway, you really don't owe me or anyone else any explanations, I apologize. Well, at least you know what is available even if it only used temporarily to scale the hurdle and help you to the finish line. I am very confident that whatever route you ultimately take, you will succeed! Thank you for your input and the sharing of your stories too! You are a joy, so glad you found us!
    CharlieGirl
    Please don't stop giving input
    We now both better understand each other.
    To me that is a good thing.
    I appreciate the info on WTA and I don't know I may have to use it along the way.
    And after reading and thinking, maybe that would help me not even have a few aday. this would be good.
    Then wean off the WTA, which might be easier than the tobacco.

Ummm, Thanks

I am glad I found ya'll , very glad. It would have been way way harder to have even gotten started.
    My wife is not un supportive, but not sure she likes me vaping either, but she knows what I am doing and in that she is supportive.
    She is one of those that can go on a road trip smoke . Then get home and not pick up another tobacco for weeks. She smokes when we go to Ceremony sometimes. She maybe smokes a pack in a month. It is hard for her to have a complete understand of my 49years of smoking a pack a day give or take a few.
    Elbert aka Pinkie

Blog Entries

Charliegirl
    where is a good source of the WTA,
    Now you got me thin=king and have helped me take another step.
    Keep butting in.
    Elbert aka Pinkie

ECF Veteran

Charliegirl
    where is a good source of the WTA,
    Now you got me thin=king and have helped me take another step.
    Keep butting in.
    LOL, You are so cute! I will be getting mine here: Aroma Ejuice Manufacturer of WTA Whole Tobacco Alkaloid Eliquid

They have some with WTA's and some without, so make sure you get what you want. I'm jealous, I have to wait for the eagle to... poop. LOL