The Vapor Boutique (Norfolk, VA) -- A review from my visit.
Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By macgyverfc
  • 2 Post By AJMoore

Thread: The Vapor Boutique (Norfolk, VA) -- A review from my visit.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default The Vapor Boutique (Norfolk, VA) -- A review from my visit.

Mods, if this is posted in the wrong area, I apologize and please move to the appropriate forum.

This review is for…
    The Vapor Boutique
    327 West Bute St.
    Norfolk, VA 23510

I have not been asked to give a review and I was not given anything in return for my review. I spent my own hard earned money and will be totally honest with anything that I have to say. If I don’t like something, I let the people and the management know so that it can be corrected.

Now that the disclaimer is done, sit back and enjoy.

I had the pleasure of visiting The Vapor Boutique on Saturday, July 21. I must say, I’m in love with this store! Mac and Ella are extremely knowledgeable and take the time to show customers how an item works and then have the customer demonstrate it to ensure the customer is fully educated. This act alone shows that someone actually cares about the products that they sale.
    Courteous, knowledge, and customer service – 5 stars!

Lots of product here for just starting up. I mean a lot. eGo style kits, minis, mods, Variable Voltage, PCCs, cartos, clearos, drip tips, electronic cigars! The cigars are awesome, by the way. Oh, and samples! I love samples! I know there is more, but this is just for starters. Did I mention drinks? Non-alcoholic, of course.
    Product availability – 5 stars!

The atmosphere was outstanding. Aside from the thunderstorms that nobody can control, I loved the setting. Heck, I spent 5 hours in there chatting it up. Due to the location, in the historic section of Norfolk, you won’t see the typical mall crowds roving around. The less youngsters yelling, screaming, and being malicious…the happier I am. The A/C was at a comfortable level and the TV was loud enough to be heard, but not so loud as to where I had to yell to have a conversation.
    Atmosphere and ambience – 5 stars!

I tried some samples of juice while I was there. You can bring your own devices or use some that are in-house. I brought out the big boy (ProVari) with some attys as Mac told me that there was juice for sampling. Side note, after playing with the VMax (yes, he has them!), I’m going to get one of those too. Turns out, Ella had never been into dripping. Well, she is now! She wasn’t high on a pedestal about anything. She gave it a shot without any attitude. This means a lot to me! Someone who is willing to try a new method suggested by a customer. I was even asked if there would be type of product that I would like to see that isn’t already in the shop. How awesome is THAT?
    Not having a bad attitude – 5 stars!

Juice review time…Mac, I don’t know who your supplier is for that Vanilla. I would advise you not to ever tell me because there may be a kidnapping involved with the ransom to be paid in a few gallons of this flavor. That’s right! One of, if not the absolute BEST flavor that have ever been through my atty. The taste is so full. The vapor production is out of this world. There is even an after taste that lingers. A good aftertaste. It was as if I could still taste this amazing vape for at least 5 minutes after I set it down. Using a 2.5 ohm 510 atty working at 5 volts with 11mg nicotine…holy cow! It was so smooth that I didn’t even notice a throat hit. That has never happened before. Normally that atty at 5 volts make me feel like a semi drove through my throat. Not with this blend. Love it, Love it, Love it. Everyone should try this one.
    Mac’s Vanilla juice – 5 stars! Would give it more, but I’m on a scale of 1 – 5 today.

I can’t speak highly enough of this store or of Mac and Ella. They are an absolute pleasure to hang out with. When I get another day off of work, I’ll be spending it up there at The Vapor Botique. It was a great way to spend my afternoon. If you are reading this and reside in the Hampton Roads area, passing through on a road trip, or come to Virginia Beach for a vacation…you need to stop in! Sit down, kick back, have a vape and relax. Enjoy the fresh air and the company here. It’s well worth it!
    Mac, AJMoore, thomas_mikel and 3 others like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Now that isn't nice. Great review Macgyverfc but was your intent to make us insanely jealous??? Not nice at all. I want Mac here too, we need a brick and mortar store.
    Mac and steelminnow like this.

ECF Veteran

It's nice to finally have a local shop. I hope that Mac does well and that with an actual shop, folks around here will make the switch to PVs. Sure, Blus are sold at the corner mart, but when it's time to graduate to something more fulfilling, an actual hands on shop full of knowledge helps. And the flavors. I still can't speak highly enough of them. I absolutely hate tobacco based juices. Mac showed me some stuff that blew my mind. His cherry tobacco is quite tasty. Mind you, I was dripping, so I don't know what it would be like from a carto.

CASAA Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Very cool! I wasn't aware that a new local store existed. I'll definitely be stopping by. What are their hours if you know?
    Last edited by irwink; 07-22-2012 at 09:57 PM.

ECF Veteran

He just opened up about a week ago if I'm not mistaken. irwink, try the vanilla and butter rum! The lemonade blueberry cotton candy is excellent as well. And before anyone else says it....yea, yea, yea...I like the sweet flavors. If you aren't into sweet stuff, the Cherry Tobacco is great. It's the only tobacco based juice that I really like.