Is it really water vapor?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Is it really water vapor?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran damthisisfun's Avatar

Default Is it really water vapor?

Hello - I am pretty new to the vaping world and really like it. Been off analogs for over 3 months and just loving it. I am a little confused. Most all research I have done, everyone seems to claim all we exhale is water vapor - I am no scientist - but it seems to me that may not be correct. Most liquid has PG and or VG, flavor and nicotine. Isnt that what we inhale and should be exhaling? Where is the water vapor from: our body as in the saliva from the mouth? And are not exhaling any of the PG/VG/Nico? I am asking this to compare e-cigs to analogs in any way. I totally agree these are safer than analogs. But I am still confused - does anyone have any information on this......thanks

Mac
    Blog Entries

No matter what type of e-liquid you are using the vapor consists mostly of glycol or glycerin. Water would actually be dangerous because it would vape way too hot and can easily promote microbial growth.
    I'd hate to advocate nicotine use, violence and insanity. But they've always worked for me.

I agree Mac - so all these adds and other folks that are high up in the E cig industry that claim all we exhale is water vapor in incorrect - that is what is confusing me...........no matter where I check that is what it says -

Mac
    Blog Entries

It contains some water. But to call it "water vapor" isn't quite right. "Vapor consisting mostly of glycol with some flavoring and nicotine and a hint of water" would probably be closer to accurate.
    I'd hate to advocate nicotine use, violence and insanity. But they've always worked for me.

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by damthisisfun View Post
    ... Most liquid has PG and or VG, flavor and nicotine. Isnt that what we inhale and should be exhaling? ...
    That's kinda what I subscribe to.

Hey, Pop Quiz...

Can You or Others smell the Flavor of the e-Liquid you use? If so, you must be Exhaling Flavorings.

So we can At Least put Flavorings on the Exhale List.

When I smoked Blu cigs - my kids did say they smelled coffee??? - with the JC Original and Tennessee - they havent said anything.

PG and or vg is a humectent, so it pulls the moisture out of anything it comes in contact with. So in a sense yes you do exhale water vapor, with trace amounts of PG vg the flavoring and even less nic.
    Clovery likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It does contain a large amount of water vapor for the reason stated above ( this is also why it's good to drink a lot of water as PG and VG will dehydrate you). To say it is "just water vapor" is definitely not correct though.
    zoiDman likes this.

If you are in the Cincinnati area, check out Tri-State Vapers on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/558079797581550/

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Actually everyone who has replied is wrong.

It's actually Fairy Dust (tm).
    Mac, gthompson, Trilly and 2 others like this.

Super Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by moondaddy View Post
    PG and or vg is a humectent, so it pulls the moisture out of anything it comes in contact with. So in a sense yes you do exhale water vapor, with trace amounts of PG vg the flavoring and even less nic.
    A humectant, that's interesting! My father just asked me yesterday "what's in that stuff, anyway?" (asking about my eliquid). I told him & he asked "I wonder what the PG or VG is in there for?"

Wait, doesn't a humectant retain moisture?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast