Does vaping leave any residue on furniture, draperies, etc?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By gthompson
  • 2 Post By phil71185

Thread: Does vaping leave any residue on furniture, draperies, etc?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Question Does vaping leave any residue on furniture, draperies, etc?

When I bought my first house, I immediately began smoking indoors, after not being able to smoke indoors for years before because of non-smoking roomates. I did it in my bedroom a lot at night too. Then I quit for almost a year in 2001, and noticed the residue and odor from smoking on my clothing hanging in the closet that I didnt wear often, and a yellowing of the white curtains, etc. I wiped down the walls one time, and noticed that I was getting a little bit of tar onto the rags when wiping the walls down with windex!

So I've finally quit smoking, but I went back to not smoking in the house, so my walls, furniture, clothing dont have residue from smoke on them, but the inside of my truck that I bought new in 2005 does have residue on it, and it smells of smoke. My leather jacket and down jackets need to be dry cleaned to get the smoke smell off them before winter.

But as I vape indoors here, I am watching the vapor disperse into the air in my rooms, and I realize this vapor originates from a sticky liquid, and I would assume that just like everything else that goes up, it must come down and settle on surfaces. I am not really all that concerned about it, but my roomate asked about this so I was wondering if anyone has noticed any residue collecting on any furniture or drapes, any surfaces after vaping in certain rooms for a log period of time? It shouldnt be a big deal or anything, nothing like tar from cigarette, but maybe a thin. light residue of e-liquid(?)

Moved On ECF Veteran

No. lots of posts on this at ecf if you search. High VG may leave a little sheen on a car window, but nothing more.

Free at last Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Frying one hamburger on top of the stove probably leaves more residue than months worth of vaping, and that residue smells worse too.
    damthisisfun likes this.

Full Member Verified Member

i was also wondering about this as one of my friends has banned me from vaping in his car because he said he dont want the interior staining , i told him it dont stain but he wont believe me so now i have to be vape free whenever im in his car :-(

There's no doubt in my mind that vaping leaves nothing - or next to nothing. I smoked inside and the brown muck I used to clean from windows and walls has completely gone since I started vaping. I also smoked in the car which made a right mess of the windscreen. There isn't even any stickiness now and I vape in the car.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

When I smoked I used to do it while sitting at my computer (before it became a no-no) and had to wipe the brown sludge off my monitor screen every few days so I could see it.

Now I vape while sitting at my computer and during my roughly 2.5 years there's nothing on my monitor screen except what the computer puts there.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Havent seen anything to say either. Only side effect from my vaping in the house is if I blow it towards my dog it makes him sneeze.
    damthisisfun and Minwoo like this.
    Remember when you tell someone the large device you are holding with the flashing lights is a pipe bomb they are more likely to believe that than its an electric cig that will cause them no harm.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Sometimes it'll get a little sheen on the windshield like others said (I always use high VG), but nothing like cigarettes. I've been chainvaping in front of my computer monitor everyday for over a year now (always exhaling right at it) and it's perfectly clean. I think one reason the windshield thing is noticed is because vaping increases the humidity in the car so it shows up very easily.
    BuzzPro #1130
    VV Reo Grand - black and orange!
    Kicked chrome SB
    Soon to be Sigelei Zmax!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

There are also airborne chemicals that get into the car that don't get in the house; exhaust fumes, microscopic oil particles kicked up by tires, smoke and ash from various products being burned. These will adhere to the inside of the windshield which will then cause other things to stick as well.

Long before I stopped using analogs I had stopped smoking in the car, but there was still a coating on the inside of the windshield that had to be removed whenever I got the car washed.