how much nic % for smoker new to vaping
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: how much nic % for smoker new to vaping

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default how much nic % for smoker new to vaping

Im getting my father into vaping and wondering if i should start him off at 24mg strength and taper down to 12mg-15mg as soon as he gets use to vaping completely? This is what i did successfully, and never had to smoke an analog cig at all. Im afraid if i put him on lower nic strength he will not complete the adjustment. He smokes about 1.5 to 2 packs a day and hope my seedman flavor will taste like marlboro reds

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Start him at 24mg and adjust from there.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Kopfstimmen's Avatar

I had 24 for first thing in the morning, and 18 for the rest of the day. 24 "got me going", but was too strong in TH for continuous use...

ECF Veteran

Its seems like a clear decision of 18mg or 24 mg. I vote for 24mg.

Although, it may not be a bad idea to get a bottle of 24mg and 18mg and let him decide. I agree though, that it is critical that he has enough nicotine to satisfy his urges because I have seen many people try vaping and think that because their goal is to quit smoking they need to use a lower nic level. None of the people I know that took this approach were successful at converting.
    AuBadge likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I would suggest for anyone new to get sample sizes in at least 3 different nic levels when trying to figure out what works. There are general guide lines. There are also exceptions to those guide lines for a lot of people.

As a former 1.5 PAD Pall Mall Blue smoker I found I needed 24 mg nic and for fits of cravings I had to bump up to 30 mg on occasion. But another smoker with my similar profile may find 24 mg and 30 mg to be just too much.

For what he is smoking 24 mg sounds right. But I would also get 12 mg and 18 mg samples so any needed adjustments can be made quickly and painlessly. Once he finds "the zone" then go larger on the next order. And that may include using more than one nic level as well.

Good luck!

Super Member ECF Veteran

I'd grab a small bottle of 36mg...even if he just uses it for emergencies, sometimes it's easier to convert someone when you know that they're absolutely getting enough nicotine.

I vape at 36mg, and never really tapered down. It's what keeps me happy.
    chargin and 18SixFifty like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I was at 1-1.5 packs a day smoking Newport Full Flavor and started at 18mg no problem. The suggestion of getting a few different nic levels is a good idea though. If it were my father I would get a few different juices/nice levels and keep him blind so you can see what his natural comfort level is a go from there.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I would suggest 36mg and some lower ones. If I vape anything lower than 36mg I turn into a raving chain vaper. I would also suggest lots of samples and not just tobacco ones either. A lot of people like me felt that they really wanted something that tasted like what they smoked. I never did find it although I still look once in a while.
    chargin likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yeah,24mg (most effective at quenching cravings) then lower to get better flavor

ECF Veteran

24 mg is most likely the best place for him to start but since we are all different and there is no one place for everyone no matter how much or little they smoked before vaping why not get a couple levels so he has options if he needs them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast