Being sick with E-cigs
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Being sick with E-cigs

Full Member ECF Veteran

Unhappy Being sick with E-cigs

Hi guys I hope all is well.

Been a couple of weeks now since my last post, and unfortunately my recent e cig experience has been far from a good one.
    About 2 weeks ago I ended up with a nasty cold which very very quickly went to my chest as an infection. Now usually I would have this cleared up within a few days with some antibiotics and some good old man flue lazing around.

This is not so much the case, I have a massive build-up of liquid on my lungs which the doctors are convinced is a direct result from using ecigs….. I am very skeptiouse to believe a single word they are saying but neither the less that is what they are pointing the finger at.

I can’t even take a single “drag/pull/puff” or whatever you call it on any ecigs at the moment without going into a violent coughing fit, the minute it gets past the mouth I instantly feel it and cant stop coughing. Its driving me flipping mad!, I have tried all the various PG and VG mixes I have and all are doing the same on all different pieces of kit. I can have a few tokes on a stinky without a problem and without any coughing, so I do not know if this is a result of the ‘vapour’ or is down to another issue.

Either way I am not a happy chappy at the moment because I love my ecigs and with two weeks of not being able to use them I am getting rather cranky at the situation. Plus this darn chest thing is still not budging and I am sick of sounding like a 100000 pack a day smoker.
    Grrr Rant over!!
    CNYC likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

KL,Malaysia / Baltimore,MD / Lelystad, NL

Ouch!! i can never imagine if that happen to me.. By the way i'm sorry to hear your situation right now.. I have no problem so far.. Hang in there!!

ECF Veteran

So sorry to hear you are so sick, hope it gets better soon for you. Only thought I had was the flavorings have you tried plain juice?

Super Member ECF Veteran pfaber11's Avatar

i only use flavoured liquid and don't have any problems. maybe you should give that a go . maybe dissolve a few menthol crystals in it for a bit of flavour. that's what i do. best of luck

Super Member ECF Veteran pfaber11's Avatar

sorry i meant to put unfavoured .

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Theoretically I think this can happen. After all, we are inhaling a vapor. And exhaling it can't get all of the vapor out. Best of luck to you and I hope for a speedy recovery.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but maybe take a break from vaping to see if it goes away.

Godspeed!

Full Member Verified Member Sil80's Avatar

Sorry to hear abt your ordeal.

how long have you been on the ecig.....could it be your body has developed an alegric reaction to Pg or vg...ot worst both.....

Either way....dun give in to the temptation of analogues.....if anything go total smoke free....reckon it cant be a better time than to go smoke free. Electronic or otherwise......

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Kopfstimmen's Avatar

Also, try not inhaling - just holding it in your mouth, blowing it out through your nose, or both. You can still get nicotine that way...

ECF Veteran

Direct result from using eCigs? Now your doctors are pointing their fingers at eCigs however they don't know 100% if they caused your illness. If eCigs were so inclined to making people that sick we would be hearing a lot more of US being sick.

I call Shananigans on the doctors.
    DC2 and zuzette like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

in 2008 i saw my regular doctor 4 times for an issue with my lungs. he kept telling me it was a cold then allergies etc. he had been my doctor for 20 years so i trusted his judgment.
    but..after 4 months of this i admitted my self to the emergency room. it turns out i had bacterial and vial pneumonia. i was in the hospital for 2 weeks and another 4 at home recovering.
    the point is that even trusted professionals make mistakes. if you are not getting better with the ad i e you are getting ...get another opinion.
    buzzzlove, RosaJ and kalison like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast