Charging a ego twist question

Thread: Charging a ego twist question

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Default Charging a ego twist question

I am very new to the twist. Just got it on friday. How long does it take to charge? It only charged for 3 hrs and was totally run dead before putting it on charger. BTW..I do use a joyetech charger made for the twist...Also can you put it on the charger and leave it charging overnight? thanks so much...

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Yeah it takes a few hours. All i own are twists. And never charge overnight. Dont want to leave them unattended.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

The first charge of an ego batt can take anywhere from 2-4 hours. Do not leave the battery on the charger and never while sleeping.
    Do place the battery and charger on a tile or fire-safe surface. Take off as soon as possible when they are charged (green light on usb part of charger).
    I always allow my batts to *rest* a bit before I use them. 30min-1 hour. Is a good idea.

TC's given: 9/27/12~ 11/17/12~04/01/13~12/8/14 TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

A Minion of Cthulhu Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Agreed with everyone before me and I had troubles with the USB charger off my regular desktop as I don't think it's a fully powered (5v DC) USB connector. I did however go out and at Staples or Office Max picked up an older (USB 2.0 spec) 4 port USB hub that had a power plug. I think it was 19$ roughly.

Since then I can easily relocate and plug up to 4 batteries at once to charge and they get done much quicker than trickle via the computer USB. I do know some newer PC's come with a dedicated "powered" USB which is the same but I don't like having 1100mah plugged into my work laptop

Works great and just have it plugged into the wall AC and not computer. Easy Peezy..
    My Signature Was 65 pixels by 2 pixels too big so due to this grievous error, I removed it

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

If i leave my twist in the charger I jut put it in a can I believe it use to hold salmon. LOL They also have pouches that you can put them in and if the unthinkable happens it will protect the surrounding. Some folks put them in the sink when they do that. Note that those things rarely happen. But like Dirty Harry said "do you fell lucky". Up to you. I don't usually leave them overnight just out of habit. But if I did I'd feel ok with it on that can or in a sink or that pouch. Just my opinion